http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 05:20:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW: Open Beta coming sooooon  (Read 5433 times)
Warfran
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2004, 12:20:43 AM »

Glad to here you liked Paladins even they way they are now Ascendent,I'm pumped again.

I'll likely start out as a Dwarven Paladin.How do a couple of paladins in a group work out,is it a good mix,in other words is there enough room for two in a group.

Warfran
Ascendent
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2004, 12:29:40 AM »

Two Paladins together is bad news. Two frontline fighters, who can heal, do damage, and are hard as hell to kill not to mention zero downtime. I'm really excited about talents comming down our way.   I've done it before and they are my preffered hunting partner. No buffs but running around with 260 extra armor and an extra 50 attack points, or healing aura, or retribution 5 damage to everyone attacking you or any combination there of. Its really nice. Not going to even get into how disturbingly sick we are v.s. the undead.

Ascendent
Warfran
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2004, 01:00:21 AM »

Quote from: "Ascendent"
Two Paladins together is bad news. Two frontline fighters, who can heal, do damage, and are hard as hell to kill not to mention zero downtime. I'm really excited about talents comming down our way.   I've done it before and they are my preffered hunting partner. No buffs but running around with 260 extra armor and an extra 50 attack points, or healing aura, or retribution 5 damage to everyone attacking you or any combination there of. Its really nice. Not going to even get into how disturbingly sick we are v.s. the undead.

Ascendent

This just keeps sounding better.Where is that open beta anyway :x .

Warfran
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2004, 01:42:53 AM »

I played a Dwarven Paladin during the Stress Test and would like to do that once it goes live, so I think during Open Beta I'm giong to try something a little different although I haven't decided what.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2004, 05:08:48 PM »

I am currently playing a Tauren Shaman, lvl 38, and I can tell you this class is awesome. Hopefully it will continue to remain so if the PvP whiners stop shouting nerf, but thats another topic. During open beta I am pretty much open to either side but for retail I am 100% going Horde as a Shaman, most likely will switch to Orc though. As much as I like the Tauren culture in the game, the model is just too damn big and Plains Running doesnt seem to be all that great. Ive also messed around with a NE Druid and a Dwarven Hunter. The druid wasnt too bad but Blizzard is making some changes in the coming weeks that may severly impact the druid class(no switching gear during combat) will have to see how this plays out, the Hunter I was totally unimpressed with. The only reason I got him to the level I did was I was having fun with mining and Engineering. Granted I've only gotten to level 12 and will probably push on until at least 20 to get a better idea. The Paladin sounds intriguing but it seems quite a few folks are already talking about going with that class. I might try a Warlock, I was hunting with a Warlock last night and I was very impressed with her abilities granted she was level 45 but still.
Blizzard is being extremely tight lipped about when open beta will be starting, I honestly expected to see sign-ups starting today. I feel there is a direct correlation between open beta starting and the retail release date.
I figure if your going to do an open beta you want to have at least 2 weeks at the bare minimum which would mean opening the servers by Nov 1st then tack on at least a week prior for sign-ups and its getting down to the wire. Right now Im not feeling confident of a mid November release, I think we are looking at closer to December, although I hope I am wrong.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2004, 02:39:46 AM »

And so another weekend has come and still no sign of Open Beta.  Damn Blizzard and their seductive "soon"! Damn them all to hell!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2004, 06:09:46 PM »

I don't know what I'll be except that I'm pretty sure I'll be Alliance.  I played a NE Druid until level 5 in the ST, but after that WoW started crashing every 10 min on me.  I got to play 3 hours out of the whole damn week and a half!!!  :evil:

As for the Open Beta, I agree with Abaddon.  Blizzard is getting to the point where they either need to release the OB right away, or have an OB that is less than 2 weeks, or push back the release date.  None of these options are going to be good for Blizzard.

Who reads these anyway?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: