http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 10:06:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would MS slap the four 9's here too?  (Read 594 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »

Its to early to say whether this kid got lucky, or handed a raw deal. Would Microsoft still hand out the Banned from live until 9999 even if its the stores fault?
http://dpad.gotfrag.com/halo3/story/39839/

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 08:32:33 PM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on September 17, 2007, 08:27:00 PM

Its to early to say whether this kid got lucky, or handed a raw deal. Would Microsoft still hand out the Banned from live until 9999 even if its the stores fault?

just to be safe i would disconnect from LIVE...play the single player,and get that out of the way,so when the game does actually get released you can go straight onto LIVE and play away(not that i liked HALO online)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 08:33:39 PM »

easy, just unplug live until it hits the shelves.  then they won't know you played until you log back in and surprisingly have finished the game in one day. 

that's what i would do if there was any chance of getting banhammered just for getting a lucky street break.

maybe they can tell if he's playing a legit copy and leave him alone?

ha!  we had the same thought almost simultaneously.  could you be my english brother from another mother?

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 08:38:05 PM »

Yeah, I would hope they have a way of differentiating legitimate copies.  The consumer should in no way, shape, or form be punished if a store breaks street date. 
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 08:55:40 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 17, 2007, 08:33:39 PM

easy, just unplug live until it hits the shelves.  then they won't know you played until you log back in and surprisingly have finished the game in one day. 

that's what i would do if there was any chance of getting banhammered just for getting a lucky street break.

ha!  we had the same thought almost simultaneously.  could you be my english brother from another mother?

I actually taught that too. However, when he plugs his system back in, don't the achievements show up with the dates they were achieved? I don't know if MS have anything to notify them when an unreleased game is or has been used, but if they do, that will be a dead give away.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 09:17:45 PM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on September 17, 2007, 08:27:00 PM

Probably not - it's not like they have the year 10,000 ban automated or anything (I hope...)
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on September 17, 2007, 08:55:40 PM

Quote from: Caine on September 17, 2007, 08:33:39 PM

I actually taught that too. However, when he plugs his system back in, don't the achievements show up with the dates they were achieved? I don't know if MS have anything to notify them when an unreleased game is or has been used, but if they do, that will be a dead give away.

i have achievements from playing bioshock offline and they don't have dates associated with them.  my guess is that he would just pop up with a bunch of stuff which would obviously show he had the game, but it wouldn't be dated.  i'd probably make the call to stay offline for the few days afterwards just to be safe.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: