http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 07:38:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Kameo? Good, bad ugly?  (Voting closed: November 24, 2005, 07:57:07 PM)
Best Game Ever - 0 (0%)
Good - 27 (79.4%)
Okay - 6 (17.6%)
Bad - 0 (0%)
Worst Game Ever - 1 (2.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would anyone recomend Kameo?  (Read 4433 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005, 05:58:29 PM »

Kameo is a good game if you like platformers.   I tried to stick with it, but I think I am going to trade it in.  I'm just not a big platform players it seems.....well I did finish Metroids on the SP.  I just can't get into this game.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2005, 07:33:03 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
After the latest boss level with the possessed fat bitch aunt/ugly as monster that is probably a perfect replica of the game designers mother I change my vote to skip it.  Time to see what kind of trade in credit 360 games get.

I guess you would skip "Ninja Gaiden" too?  I did think that boss was a bit difficult because of the pinball mechanics but not frustrating because if you took your time, it's possible to keep trying without losing even a sliver of health (I'm being vague on purpose).  In comparision, the bosses afterwards were much easier.

PS. don't let the Ninja Gaiden reference scare you, Kameo is a very easy game.  However, if I could play a game for the first time from start to finish without 1 reload then I think the game is flawed.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2005, 02:24:31 AM »

I think the game is just gorgeous so far. My kids and I spent about 15 minutes just flying around her home and messing with stuff.

I like that the action so far isn't too frantic and that many enemies you can avoid by moving away from them. I had a little bit of trouble with the one guy in the demo that you have to hit with one attack then switch form and use something else (trying to avoid spoilers).

I like the puzzle aspects of it, but if the action gets too twitchy Ill be in trouble.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2006, 05:43:35 AM »

Just did the water boss battle and I just don't get what was so hard about it.  I beat her the first time I tried and in fact, I got rid of two of the orbs on the tentacles on my first sinking of the boss.  I was all prepared to be annoyed by the fight and it just never happened.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »

Yeah I think that one only took me a coupe of tries and I pretty much stink at this kind of game.

Kameo is not a hard game. The one place that frustrated me was the mountaintop village, because getting around is hard. Having said that, I've played about 20 hours but haven't finished (maybe 2/3 through). If you like to poke around and explore the secrets there is a lot fo play time here.

OTOH my 360 hasn't come on in weeks thanks to World of Warcraft.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2006, 01:12:41 PM »

I also only play inverted and my controls are inverted in Kameo.  For the life of me I can't remember how I did it but I will check tonight.  I'm like Mytocles in that I would be hurling ice spears at the ground or the sky if it wasn't inverted.

Also, why do be people claim that 8-10 hours of gameplay time is short?  I don't understand that.  That 8-10 hours equates to something like 4-6 months for me and I play every night practically.  Are there people here in these forums that will literally sit down on a Saturday morning at 9am and finish the game by 5-7pm that night????  I just can't see it.  Even a 5 hr game could take me months to complete.  Game length is never an issue for me so when a reviewer says "it's only 10 hrs long - rent it" and that is a negative I immediately shift that comment into the positive column.

Just curious.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2006, 01:31:47 PM »

Big Fan great game, no idea why it gets lambasted so.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

Quote from: "starshifter"

Also, why do be people claim that 8-10 hours of gameplay time is short? I don't understand that. That 8-10 hours equates to something like 4-6 months for me and I play every night practically. Are there people here in these forums that will literally sit down on a Saturday morning at 9am and finish the game by 5-7pm that night???? I just can't see it. Even a 5 hr game could take me months to complete. Game length is never an issue for me so when a reviewer says "it's only 10 hrs long - rent it" and that is a negative I immediately shift that comment into the positive column.

I'm guessing you only have 10-15 minutes to game per night?

For me, my daughter goes to bed at 8pm, my wife by 9pm, while I'm usually up until 1am or so.  So a 10-15 hour game is easily beatable in a week or less with my playstyle.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
Also, why do be people claim that 8-10 hours of gameplay time is short?  I don't understand that.  That 8-10 hours equates to something like 4-6 months for me and I play every night practically.  Are there people here in these forums that will literally sit down on a Saturday morning at 9am and finish the game by 5-7pm that night????  I just can't see it.  Even a 5 hr game could take me months to complete.  Game length is never an issue for me so when a reviewer says "it's only 10 hrs long - rent it" and that is a negative I immediately shift that comment into the positive column.

Just curious.

I used to be one of the gamers who would do pretty much nothing but game all the time.  That was before I was in a relationship where I was spending large chunks of time with the significant other, and also before I had a full, permanent job.  slywink  I, too, used to think a 10-hour game was way too short.

Now, 10-15 hours is the sweet spot for me to most likely expect to actually finish a game within a month or two between my limitations on my gaming time and my tendency to play lots of games in shorter bursts.  Dragon Quest VIII, in fact, is the first long (30+ hours) game I've stuck with in several years.  I'm at 87 hours now after 2.5 months of play, and amazingly it keeps drawing me back every time I have 2-3 hours of solid game time to spend.  biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
I'm guessing you only have 10-15 minutes to game per night?  For me, my daughter goes to bed at 8pm, my wife by 9pm, while I'm usually up until 1am or so.  So a 10-15 hour game is easily beatable in a week or less with my playstyle.

No I have all night to game if I want.  I get home from work around 5 (or 6 after I workout) and pretty much have the evening up through midnight or so to game.  And I also have entire weekends when my kids are not with me.  Even with all this time it would still take me months to finish a 10 hr game.

It might be because I usually will not play one exclusive game each night.  For example, I won't start Kameo at 7pm and play through to midnight.  I play several games in small chunks each night.  An NHL 2K6 game followed by a little Kameo then some COD2, another NHL game, some RE4 and so on.  I think that's why it takes me longer to finish and why a 10 hr or less game is not a negative for me.  Plus, I have no social life (by choice).  I don't date or anything, which ends up giving me more time to game!  :wink:

XM Channel 76
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2006, 03:20:59 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
It might be because I usually will not play one exclusive game each night.  For example, I won't start Kameo at 7pm and play through to midnight.  I play several games in small chunks each night.  An NHL 2K6 game followed by a little Kameo then some COD2, another NHL game, some RE4 and so on.  I think that's why it takes me longer to finish and why a 10 hr or less game is not a negative for me.  Plus, I have no social life (by choice).  I don't date or anything, which ends up giving me more time to game!  :wink:

That would probably do it.  Personally, I'm pretty close to a one game a time gamer.  If I am playing multiple games then they generally have to be completely different genres but even then having simulaneous games going for me is pretty rare.

I'm fine with a 10 hour length for many games but I do worry the trend will be for dramatically shorter games next generation.  When 5 hours becomes the norm then I'll start to worry.  

I think its in the industries best interests to not let average game length drop below 10 hours.  If it drops too much more I think you'll definitely see a dramatic increase in people shifting to rentals which hurts the publishers.  

And I don't think multiplayer options are a solution either.  Although I'm admittedly not interested in mp personally, it seems to me that people gravitate toward a few key mp-centric games for their multiplayer action (the Halo/Battlefield/UT2Ks of the world).  Too many games these days seem to divert resources to perfunctory mp modes that would be better served by offering up a meatier single player experience.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2006, 03:32:26 PM »

That would probably do it.  Personally, I'm pretty close to a one game a time gamer.  If I am playing multiple games then they generally have to be completely different genres but even then having simulaneous games going for me is pretty rare.

Ok, now I see why a 10hr game would seem short to you.  The only time I pretty much played one game almost (more often than not) exclusively was when I played Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 and Advent Rising.

Too many games these days seem to divert resources to perfunctory mp modes that would be better served by offering up a meatier single player experience.

Absolutely!  I agree with this statement completely.  You couldn't be more right.  I would love to see more KOTOR-styled & Advent Rising-styled games.  I'm not a multiplayer person at all.  I never played Halo 1 or 2 multiplayer online.  I will play the occassional NHL 2K6 game online with Devil or Lockdown when they are not too afraid to play me. :wink:

XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2006, 04:01:46 PM »

I will play the occassional NHL 2K6 game online with Devil or Lockdown when they are not too afraid to play me.

I was there last night and you ran away!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2006, 04:27:04 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
I will play the occassional NHL 2K6 game online with Devil or Lockdown when they are not too afraid to play me.

I was there last night and you ran away!

ninja

To be honest I never noticed you online.  Half the time I don't even pay attention to the little pop ups indicating who is online.  Oops!  Well, I will be playing this weekend so if I see you around I will send an invite for a friendly  :roll:  game!

P.S.  Why didn't you send me a game invite??? :?   Scared? :wink:

XM Channel 76
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: