http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 10:56:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth getting Xbox this late in the game?  (Read 1640 times)
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2005, 01:14:01 AM »

Title pretty much says it all, Im wondering if its worth picking up an Xbox with the new systems looming around the corner. To be honest Jade Empires is the driving force behind this dilema.
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 01:57:06 AM »

Go for it..
with all the great titles and out and soon to be out and the current price for the system you cant go wrong.
In November. trade it and games in to the pre order of the new system in Dec.

Have fun.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
ingrin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 02:05:46 AM »

Quote from: "Abaddon"
Title pretty much says it all, Im wondering if its worth picking up an Xbox with the new systems looming around the corner. To be honest Jade Empires is the driving force behind this dilema.

thats risky.  I certainly think the XBox is a fine console, its the only one I have in fact, but I wouldn't recommend buying on for a 15-20 hr. game.  No disrespect to JE, it has replayability and all, but it is a gamble to assume you will like it.  Do you have the KOTORs on PC?  then the loading time in JE might suprise you.  Check through the JE impressions thread before making the purchase.

Now, if you do purchase an XBox, there are several other great titles, including Ninja Gaiden and Halo 2, to compliment your purchase.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 02:08:16 AM »

Depends on what genres you're interested.  I'm presuming you like RPGs based on inquiring about Jade Empire and its pretty slim pickings for RPGs on the console otherwise, especially if you have a moderate PC.  

The existing library should tell you what you need to know.  Following JE there are very few future titles since almost all of development has shifted to Xbox 2.  

As far as price goes- now is as good time as any.  The Xbox actually costs MS quite a bit to manufacture so the current speculation is that we won't see any price drops on the original Xbox for quite a while, if ever.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 02:11:32 AM »

I'd say no.  Save the $150 for the rumored backwards-compatibility addon kit for the XBox2.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 03:14:23 AM »

Wait, Xbox2 wont be backward compatible with original Xbox games out of the box??
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 03:16:03 AM »

Quote from: "Abaddon"
Wait, Xbox2 wont be backward compatible with original Xbox games out of the box??

Unknown at this point.  As LE alluded to, one of the rumors currently making the rounds is that backwards compatibility will be possible via an add-on device of some sort.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 07:51:52 PM »

As for me since I will no way buy a 360 any where near launch time, I would most definitely get one knowing what I know now.  There must be at least 30-50 games I have enjoyed.  Surely that is enough good gaming for anyone for quite some time.  I will most likely pick up a 360 right after the first price drop.  By then the launch titles will be cheaper, the system will be cheaper, and developers will be in stride as to just what the new system is capable of.  Not to mention known bugs and fixes in the system will be hopefully dealt with by then.  **cough**Thompson drive**cough**

Just my two cents.  Get one and enjoy.  Either way, get one or wait, I'm sure you probably have a backlog of games like the rest of us you have yet to finish or even start.  Play those til the new system comes out.  

Is this confusing enough now?

I am Xboxalot on Live.
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 08:09:50 PM »

Kotor was eventually ported to the PC so if you have a decent gaming system, you could just wait until JE gets ported.  I have a PS2 and resisted GTA:SA because I knew it was coming to the PC.  Just another option.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 11:36:08 AM »

Yes. Buy the XBOX.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 02:14:45 PM »

If it's ONLY for jade empire i'd pass...

There's a ton of great games though for the xbox.  And if your into racing games, Forza comes out May 3rd to add yet another super hot title to the xbox.
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 06:44:01 PM »

If it's only for jade Empire, I'd buy it. Best Bioware games since BG2. And theres no point waiting for XBox 2 if your are RPGer, as it'll be ages before it gets a decent RPG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: