http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 10:28:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth getting an Xbox so late in the game?  (Read 758 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2005, 05:40:59 PM »

There are quite a few games for the original Xbox that I want (and that my outdated PC can't handle) especially Unreal Championship 1 & 2, Counter-Strike, and Doom 3.
Unfortunately I haven't seen any of those games on the Xbox 360 backwards compatiblity list. If I could have only one game it'd be Counter-Strike.. having played that on the Xbox in the past, even with the bots offline, it has to be one of my favorites. (I know the old CS can be played on just about any PC btw)

Since Xbox Live doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon and Xbox games continue to come out, would it really be worth getting an Xbox this late with the 360 coming out in about a week?
Maybe there will be a price drop on the original to clear them out to make room for the next generation?

Anyone else out there still see themselves playing the original xbox for at least another year before going to the next generation?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 06:55:18 PM »

yes.

i've been in accumulate mode for xbox games and have purchased five in the last 1.5 months.

The system ain't going anywhere for a while with 400+/- releases coming for it next year...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 09:00:09 PM »

If you are definately not getting a 360, I think an xbox is well worth it. There is a very nice library of titles and perhaps a dozen exclusives that are very very much worth playing. Plus, everything should be getting very cheap any day now smile Go for it!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 09:03:39 PM »

I wouldn't expect a price drop- MS is still losing money on each Xbox sold so I expect them to just leave the price as is and wait for the inventory to gradually drain.  I don't believe they've produced any new Xboxes since this past August.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 09:13:57 PM »

I was thinking about putting my Xbox on Ebay this week if you're interested - it's got 4 controllers (once wireless), the Xbox Live kit, and the following games:
Halo 2
Burnout 3
Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory
Rallisport Challenge 2
Bond: Everything or Nothing
ESPN 2k5
MLB 2005
and that crap Music Maker thing that lets you upload pics/mp3s/etc.

PM if you're interested smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 09:14:54 PM »

I say you should just upgrade your PC instead.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 07:21:04 AM »

My computer is beyond upgrading at this point. The AGP slot is fried and that leaves only PCI (wish I could add an express to the end) video cards.

I'm definitely interested in the xbox 360 but the problem is most of the games I want to play this generation aren't playable on the 360. (Starwars battlefront 2, counterstrike, unreal championship, etc.)

Pm sent btw.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: