http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 07:29:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: worst save system ever: Crash Bandicoot  (Read 964 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2007, 03:01:44 AM »

OK - this is obviously a very strange post as this is a very old game.  But I was in the mood for a silly fun break from Metroid Prime and I would like to play through the original 3 Crash games which I have had lying around for a while.

In this game, the only way to save your progress is to find 3 hidden tokens in a given level, after which you are taken to a bonus round.  You can actually die in this bonus round, so you have to make it through the bonus round without slipping off the ledge and then and only then can you save your game.

Whose ridiculous idea was this?! Because of this, it is possible to go very long stretches without being able to save your game and you will very likely have to play large sections over.  Never mind that when you get to the end of a level, there is a platform you jump on identical to the save game platform.  But no, you can't save your game! WORST SAVE SYSTEM EVAR.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 03:28:02 AM »

From what I recall, there were checkpoints in each level. Once you got all the way through the level, it was complete. Didn't seem so bad when I was like 16 years old playing it.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 03:48:32 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on August 25, 2007, 03:28:02 AM

From what I recall, there were checkpoints in each level. Once you got all the way through the level, it was complete. Didn't seem so bad when I was like 16 years old playing it.

Yes, there are checkpoints in each level which helps finishing a level, but you still can't save the game unless you get to the bonus level.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:29:44 AM »

It's been awhile, but I think Crash 2 and 3 have a traditional save system, where you can save after every level.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:38:42 AM »

lol,i just downloaded crash 1 of the PS strore,and then sent it to my PSP(it looks crap on the PSP..the screen is too small)

but anyway,i noticed that about the bonus rounds/saving....i only played one or two levels

i do know there is a password system...but i cant remember how it worked(crash 1 was the only one i finished...back in 1942 or whenever)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: