http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 02:01:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worms out 3/7/07  (Read 7498 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2007, 02:37:46 PM »

Gonna go through the tutorial and play Scott tonight (we can probably ad him to the East Team).

Then you're all dead!

I just want to know how to name my guys!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2007, 02:48:06 PM »

Quote from: Devil on March 09, 2007, 02:37:46 PM

I just want to know how to name my guys!

Options > edit teams, I think?
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2007, 03:07:04 PM »

Thanks - I didn't even get that far after I downloaded it!

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2007, 03:50:42 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on March 09, 2007, 01:26:30 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on March 08, 2007, 01:41:09 PM

After the match, I made a GT East and GT West team.  The East team consists of Devil, Arkon, Soulchilde, and Starshifter.  I need to go look on that map thingy we did a while ago to get the names for the West team, as I only have Ron and ROTC on it right now.  I will probably make a GT North team as well, which will have Purge on it.  I know quite a few people would probably like to stick a bazooka up his ass.   icon_biggrin

Love the game.

Good idea Lockdown!

Sorry guys.  Driving home from work Wednesday night after my gym workout I got very sick.  I've been pretty much sleeping from Wednesday night through late Thursday.  Took Thursday off from work to sleep it off.  Feeling better Thursday night I downloaded the game and messed around a bit.  I should be up to speed and ready to play starting this Sunday evening.

Funny, as when I looked last night you were playing some NHL 07... sick... yeah right...  I think you had an EMERGENCY case of needing to play hockey...
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2007, 04:56:26 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 09, 2007, 03:50:42 PM

Funny, as when I looked last night you were playing some NHL 07... sick... yeah right...  I think you had an EMERGENCY case of needing to play hockey...

By last night I was feeling a lot better, especially after about 20 hours of sleep!  I was actually playing NHL 2K7 and then some Bullet Witch.  After going a full 24hrs without any gaming I was itching for something!  nod

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2007, 04:55:19 AM »

Scott kicked my ass. First time I played.

Fun stuff!

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »

I saw that you and Scott were playing.  I would have offered a challenge after you guys were done...

...but I got tired (it WAS past 10'oclock) and went to bed.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2007, 01:43:05 PM »

I'm going to grab this one today.

Shoot me an invite if you see me on.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2007, 06:08:40 PM »

Loving the game.  Took a couple of rounds to get familiar with how to aim the different weapons, but the game is a lot of fun.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2007, 11:59:09 PM »

I'm getting pretty sick & tired of the incredible shots the computer makes sometimes.  Case in point - challenge 12.  I put a girder around a worm to trap him.  He somehow finds this tiny little hole, gets a grenade, full powers it, and makes me bounce all the way so it lands straight on my head & kills me.  And this is only challenge 12!

Ugh.  Aside from that, it's a megaton load of fun.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
depward

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2007, 12:46:10 AM »

Ok, challenge 12 is probably the end of the challenges for me.  So goddamn stupid how the computer can squeeze a bazooka shot through the tiniest of cracks & use the wind to get a direct hit on me.  Ridiculous.

*edit* nvm, I beat it...   ninja  the challenges continue!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 01:26:59 AM by depward » Logged

depward

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2007, 09:50:04 AM »

So I played about six or so hours of Worms Saturday.  Beat all of the challenges, did all of the achievements.  I had (generally) a really fun time.  I'm glad that a playable version of Worms is out for Live.

A couple of nagging things though:

1)  Like I previously mentioned, ungodly AI sometimes when it comes to shots.  I could list example after example, but eh, I'll let you all discover the fun when you're in the later challenge stages   icon_biggrin  Sometimes, when it's just down to you & one other worm, I've had the worm intentionally take us both out, resulting in a draw which doesn't let you advance.  Snap.

2)  The computer thinks.  A long time.  On average, the computer worms will think 20-30 seconds every turn.  Every turn!  Sometimes even longer!  I've had a computer worm sit there & think its entire round!

Very fun, would like to hook up & play some multiplayer with you dudes sometime.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »

Hey dep, I was curious if perhaps you were a little miffed about how accurate the computer worms can be at times.  Care to enlighten me?   icon_lol

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2007, 09:30:33 PM »

I agree about the cpu in this version.  Older version had the weaker teams screw up more often. That said, the real point of this release is online play, not the single-player. Armageddeon and such had more single-player elements than this release.  My only big complaint though is the lack of scottish audio option. I always used scottish in worms 2 and armaggedon.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2007, 01:52:51 AM »

Single player is a nice way to learn the ropes and weapons in the privacy of your own home (and grab those achievements) but Worms really only shines in multiplayer.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2007, 10:11:13 PM »

This thread inspired me to fire up Worms:  Armageddon yesterday.  To this day, WA is the only game (PC or console) that Mrs. Gratch will play with me.  And she's actually really good at it.  We decided to play a best of 3 match yesterday.  First round, I won with 1 worm remaining at 15%.  Second round, she won with one worm at 56%.  So it was on for Round 3.

I started off with the high ground, and took out two of her worms pretty quickly.  She came roaring back with some ridiculous cross-screen grenade lobs to tie it up.  I took out one of hers with a perfectly placed airstrike that also dumped 2 mines on the poor worm, so in response, she managed to ninja rope up to an area I didn't think she could reach and baseball bat me off into the water.  So we're down to a single worm each (at about 30%), both of us in pretty good cover.  I sneak a frag grenade through a tiny hole and knock her down to 8%, and I think I've got it won.  As a absolute last resort, she fires a homing missle that just happens to hit right below where I'm perched, knocks me in the air, landing a land mine, which proceeds to blow me off the ledge and into the water.

It reminded me why I absolutely love this game.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2007, 11:50:30 AM »

My nephew came over the house last night for our weekly video baseball game.

He told me he had been reading on various forums how popular Worms! was for xbox live, and wanted to see it.

Next thing you know, it was time for him to head on home.  Needless to say, we didn't get our baseball game in...

Worms! is a total, 100% Homerun for Live Arcade in my book.   icon_biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2007, 08:44:16 PM »

Some of those later challenges are really hard.  I didn't really mind the insane accuracy until around challenge 13.  Now it's driving me crazy.

I'm also convinced that the weapon crates are programmed to drop where the enemy worms can easily get to them, or barring that, someplace that I just roped / jetted / teleported from the turn before.

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2007, 08:45:09 PM »

Oh, and why do I absolutely suck with the homing missile?  I mean..it's a homing missile.  How is it that I can't hit the stupid worms with it?

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2007, 09:04:43 PM »

Quote from: DonD on March 13, 2007, 08:44:16 PM

Some of those later challenges are really hard.  I didn't really mind the insane accuracy until around challenge 13.  Now it's driving me crazy.

Spend some time playing with humans learning different defensive and offensive strategies and then go back to the challenges armed with what you've learned. You'll blow through the computer AI without any of your worms breaking a sweat.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2007, 02:52:13 PM »

I got this last night, and man did I have fun on the 4 player game I played.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2007, 03:08:23 PM »

I've been loading up Worms in the evening just to piddle my way through the challenges.  Feel free to invite me anytime (even if I'm not playing Worms) as I'll always likely accept unless I'm in the middle of some other MP action.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »

Will do!

This game really makes me want to reinstall Worms World Party and play it with Teamspeak on.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »

Yeah I downloaded this as well.  Feel free to invite me too!!!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »

Add rrmorton to your friends list too - I'm always up for some Worms.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2007, 09:13:13 PM »

So I've been venturing out in to the wild mouth-breathing masses for some random Worms.  Last night I had probably the most boring match I've ever played.  It was all going well until it came down to me and some French guy.  Naturally he started retreating all of his worms to various corners, digging comfy siege enduring tunnels and building defensive walls around his positions.  In the first round one of the 4 players quit due to boredom.  In the second round it came down to us again and he did the same thing.  This time the other guy quit.   I don't blame either of them.  Both times I made a stupid mistake due to utter boredom and he won.  My blitzkrieg tactics are weak and I was embarrassed.

After he wins he asks me, "Heh, heh, ah yoo ahn-gry?"  I almost replied, "No ah ahm, 'appy, 'appy as a 'ippo."

Another night some dweeb was beat-boxing in to his mic.  Thankfully he quit in the first round.  I was then left listening to two high school guys chat about who likes who and prom.  That part was actually quite humurous for this old man.

So, let's get some Worms action going.  I'm tired of all these unknown weirdos.  I want to play with weirdos that I know.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2007, 09:35:44 PM »

I'm starting to regret buying this, not really because it isn't good but because it isn't AS good as the PC versions. I just miss all the options! I want artillery mode, the bungie chord, the baseball bat, all that stuff!

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2007, 09:39:26 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on March 20, 2007, 09:13:13 PM

So I've been venturing out in to the wild mouth-breathing masses for some random Worms.  Last night I had probably the most boring match I've ever played.  It was all going well until it came down to me and some French guy.  Naturally he started retreating all of his worms to various corners, digging comfy siege enduring tunnels and building defensive walls around his positions.  In the first round one of the 4 players quit due to boredom.  In the second round it came down to us again and he did the same thing.  This time the other guy quit.   I don't blame either of them.  Both times I made a stupid mistake due to utter boredom and he won.  My blitzkrieg tactics are weak and I was embarrassed.

After he wins he asks me, "Heh, heh, ah yoo ahn-gry?"  I almost replied, "No ah ahm, 'appy, 'appy as a 'ippo."

Another night some dweeb was beat-boxing in to his mic.  Thankfully he quit in the first round.  I was then left listening to two high school guys chat about who likes who and prom.  That part was actually quite humurous for this old man.

So, let's get some Worms action going.  I'm tired of all these unknown weirdos.  I want to play with weirdos that I know.

I just learned how to play, but I'm in. Who else? EdX? Morton? Papasmurf?
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2007, 04:25:41 AM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on March 20, 2007, 09:39:26 PM

Quote from: Jancelot on March 20, 2007, 09:13:13 PM

I just learned how to play, but I'm in. Who else? EdX? Morton? Papasmurf?

I feel so left out.  How soon we forget the beer store suggestion from a particular forum member.  My worms from South Philly (PhillyBoyJim, PeteyTattoo, NickyTheBat, and JoeyTheShovel) will take no mercy on you.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »

I'm down, as promised, Caveman. Just need to polish off God of War 2 (hopefully today) so I can get back to my Worms fixation.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2007, 02:40:06 PM »

Let's set a time and get together!

Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »

Scheduling thread in multiplayer.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2009, 05:47:46 PM »

Thread Necromancy!  I didn't have a console when it came out.  I picked it up a couple weeks ago.  Let's get some wormage going!  Please?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2009, 05:50:17 PM »

Hehe, I'll be out of town until the weekend... but I could be up for it sometime. Haven't played in a while.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »

In-laws are in town until Monday evening.  We then leave for the Bahamas very early Tuesday morning (I think our flight is at 5:40am  retard) and we don't return until the 22nd.  My Wormage gaming will have to wait until my return when I should be lightly bronzed and even more fabulous.  Fabulous

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2009, 06:33:23 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on March 10, 2009, 05:47:46 PM

Thread Necromancy!  I didn't have a console when it came out.  I picked it up a couple weeks ago.  Let's get some wormage going!  Please?

I didn't have an HDTV when it came out so I didn't touch it much at all.  Now that I can actually see the worms I'd definitely be up for dusting it off.  You've already got me on your friends list so just feel free to shoot me an invite if you see me on, even if I'm shown as playing SFIV.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »

what is this "Worms out" game you prattle about? Some kind of adult wii game?

A new one
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2009, 11:30:48 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on March 10, 2009, 06:06:46 PM

In-laws are in town until Monday evening.  We then leave for the Bahamas very early Tuesday morning (I think our flight is at 5:40am  retard) and we don't return until the 22nd.  My Wormage gaming will have to wait until my return when I should be lightly bronzed and even more fabulous.  Fabulous

Where you going to in the Bahamas Pete?

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »

do you need XBox Live Gold to play this online?
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2009, 03:11:44 AM »

I'm sure you would need Gold.

I'm all over this.  I loved Worms on the pc but haven't played it on the 360 yet.

Wish they had ropers on the 360.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: