http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 12:24:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worms out 3/7/07  (Read 7540 times)
Jancelot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 07:36:49 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on March 06, 2007, 06:18:23 PM

I don't know anything about this game, but you've all managed to sell me on it without ever playing it.  Guess I'll be picking this up on Wednesday with the rest of you.  I just have to figure out what the hell this game is.

It's one of the trash-talkingest, beer-drinkingest best games ever made is all.  wonderpug is right with his analogy to artillery.  Each team has 4 worms and up to 4 teams (players) can go at it.  You have an inventory of different movement and weapon options.  While you can inch along, there are also items like ninja ropes for swinging, parachutes, bungie cords, etc.  Weapons include everything from a simple prod (push a worm over a ledge in to the water below), to rocket launcher (mind your angle and the wind), exploding sheep, baseball bats, shotguns, mini-guns, etc.  It's all out mayhem on both the cutest and most vicious levels known to man.

Oh, use the SP mode to get used to it but don't judge the game on it.  It's all about the MP.

It's unfortunate that this one was developed with the 50MB restraint still in place.  Armageddon would've been the ideal version.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 07:38:39 PM by Jancelot » Logged
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 08:47:18 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on March 06, 2007, 06:18:23 PM

I don't know anything about this game, but you've all managed to sell me on it without ever playing it.  Guess I'll be picking this up on Wednesday with the rest of you.  I just have to figure out what the hell this game is.

One of the most fun games ever.  I used to play hotseat with my wife and she doesn't play games much at all.  I am looking forward to getting this game on the 360 so we can sit in the living room and have some hot hotseat action.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »

Strip Worms!
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 11:00:40 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot
It's all out mayhem on both the cutest and most vicious levels known to man.

Well said! icon_lol nod icon_cool

Moatman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2007, 12:32:34 AM »

From a programmer(Lebowski) who worked on the game over at team17.com forums:
"I think there's some confusion here. The TRIAL version of the game is limited to 2 player offline play be that CPU vs Human or Human vs Human.

The FULL version allows up to 4 human players online and offline. There is no in-built team mechanism although you may as suggested side with another player in an unoffical team."

Hmm, a bit disappointed with no team play, but with voice chat it should be easy enough to do I guess.  But I'm still quite psyched, even with the missing weapons and modes like this.  This will finally give me an excuse to stop searching for the remaining agility and hidden orbs in crackdown...
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2007, 01:13:47 PM »

Bought it this morning and played a round.  Definitely the Worms we know and love.  Certainly not as many weapons as in a normal Worms game.  Control is easy, as you might imagine with the right stick moving the camera around, the triggers doing zoom, A to fire the weapon, B to choose a weapon, X to jump, and Y to change weapon options.  I played through the Tutorial and unlocked an Achievement.  I lost the one battle I played because it was before I did the tutorial and I didn't know the controls yet and so was testing things out.  So far, so good.  My daughter giggled every time the worms talked.  icon_biggrin

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »

It's Wednesday already?  Week's going by fast.

How many different worm sound schemes do you have to choose from?  How does the game handle fine tuning your aim?

And possibly the most important question:

How does it handle sore loser disconnects in online matches?
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2007, 02:06:36 PM »

Nice Grue!

As far as the team thing goes - I guess all that means is we'll have to be mindful of friendly fire.  

Ut oh...

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 07, 2007, 02:06:08 PM

It's Wednesday already?  Week's going by fast.

How many different worm sound schemes do you have to choose from?  How does the game handle fine tuning your aim?

And possibly the most important question:

How does it handle sore loser disconnects in online matches?

The sounds were only just different languages.  Something like French, English, Spanish, Italian, and German.  I was kind of disappointed there.  The aiming is done with the left stick and works well, in my opinion.  No clue about sore losers.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2007, 03:43:13 PM »

Because of the word of mouth surrounding this game I almost downloaded the full game this morning without any thought of a test run, but I instead opted to test out the trial version in case I for some reason would not enjoy the gameplay.  But after messing around with the tutorial for a little bit (only a few minutes before heading to work), this looks like it as the potential to be great fun, especially when we have friends over at the house.  Not only can I see the potential fun in playing with friends online, but I can also see how much fun this game could be when we have friends over for a night of beer and games.  I'm actually not only excited to play with all of you, but I'm also anxious to introduce my friends to Worms. 

I think I'm going to download the full version of the game tonight and get started on working through the tutorial and learning the nuances of the game.  I'm really looking forward to seeing just how much fun this game can be.   icon_biggrin   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »

If you've really never seen a Worms game, I think you're in for a real treat.  It's a perfect example of a game with a simple but well executed foundation that reveals a lot more depth and fun than you'd expect.  You'd be amazed how accurate people can get over long distances with the simple bazooka, even with the wind changing.

The ninja rope is the perfect example of this.  It's a simple foundation, you've got a rope that stays straight unless it comes up against terrain, an adjustable length, and the basic intertia physics of a changing radius programmed in.  In the hands of a beginner, it's a tool for crossing chasms and climbing up to a higher ledge.  In the hands of a pro--it's a work of art.  I remember thinking I was a pretty proficient roper, until I came across a -real- pro.  He could swing out of a cavern, move clear across the map, and into another cavern in just a few seconds, precisely attack me from the rope, and retreat almost all the way back to his starting point in the retreat time.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2007, 04:10:15 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 07, 2007, 04:02:33 PM

If you've really never seen a Worms game, I think you're in for a real treat.  It's a perfect example of a game with a simple but well executed foundation that reveals a lot more depth and fun than you'd expect.  You'd be amazed how accurate people can get over long distances with the simple bazooka, even with the wind changing.

The ninja rope is the perfect example of this.  It's a simple foundation, you've got a rope that stays straight unless it comes up against terrain, an adjustable length, and the basic intertia physics of a changing radius programmed in.  In the hands of a beginner, it's a tool for crossing chasms and climbing up to a higher ledge.  In the hands of a pro--it's a work of art.  I remember thinking I was a pretty proficient roper, until I came across a -real- pro.  He could swing out of a cavern, move clear across the map, and into another cavern in just a few seconds, precisely attack me from the rope, and retreat almost all the way back to his starting point in the retreat time.

That's one thing I'm worried about -- having my ass handed to me by people who are much more familiar with the game.  I get the impression that it is an easy game to play, but a difficult one to master.  But, at least when friends come by, since we'll all more or less be on the same experience level, I see the potential for some really fun battles.  And now that I've seen what the game is like (at least for a brief moment before leaving for worm.......I mean work icon_redface), I'm really excited to start working through the single-player portion of the game to learn how to play and how to use strategy to my advantage.  It's amazing how such a simple game can be such addictive fun.  It's only a $10 game, and yet I'm sitting here at work looking forward to heading home to play.  That is definitely the sign of a good game. 

I'm really looking forward to getting started and learning what all of the fuss is about.   

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »

I don't know how this version is set up, but in previous titles there were different rooms for different skill levels.  Besides just being suggested gathering points, the rules would be a bit tougher in the higher difficulties (fewer uber-weapons, stricter timelimits).  Although you could occasionally get high-skill people messing around in the beginner rooms, the majority of the time it was very easy to find people with a similar skill level.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2007, 06:32:51 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on March 07, 2007, 04:10:15 PM

That's one thing I'm worried about -- having my ass handed to me by people who are much more familiar with the game.  I get the impression that it is an easy game to play, but a difficult one to master.  But, at least when friends come by, since we'll all more or less be on the same experience level, I see the potential for some really fun battles.  And now that I've seen what the game is like (at least for a brief moment before leaving for worm.......I mean work icon_redface), I'm really excited to start working through the single-player portion of the game to learn how to play and how to use strategy to my advantage.  It's amazing how such a simple game can be such addictive fun.  It's only a $10 game, and yet I'm sitting here at work looking forward to heading home to play.  That is definitely the sign of a good game. 

I'm really looking forward to getting started and learning what all of the fuss is about.   

Oh thank the maker Pete!  A game you and I can finally play on multiplayer!  I'm downloading it tonight.  I'm no pro at the game at all.  If you're up to learning together fire me an invite tonight (and remember I'm 3hrs AHEAD of you so don't send me an invite at 9pm your time!).  If I'm playing Figure Skating 2K7 at the time I will stop just for you.  icon_wink

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »

What am I... chopped cheesesteak!?

Name ONE videogame I am good at?

Exactly!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2007, 06:44:15 PM »

Friday night - Devil will be home alone - You are all in a lot of touble.

IN!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2007, 07:12:33 PM »

I'll be on this evening around 8:30pm CST.  Earlier if I still feel like crap and don't make it to the gym.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2007, 07:52:18 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on March 07, 2007, 06:32:51 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on March 07, 2007, 04:10:15 PM

Oh thank the maker Pete!  A game you and I can finally play on multiplayer!  I'm downloading it tonight.  I'm no pro at the game at all.  If you're up to learning together fire me an invite tonight (and remember I'm 3hrs AHEAD of you so don't send me an invite at 9pm your time!).  If I'm playing Figure Skating 2K7 at the time I will stop just for you.  icon_wink

I'm not positive that I'll have much time to play tonight, especially early enough to catch you online, since my grandmother is visiting with us until Monday.  But, now that I know you'll be downloading Worms, I'm excited to finally have an opportunity to play something with you online.  Our tastes definitely differ, and this is the first game we'll both be able to play together online.  And my wife seemed somewhat interested in seeing what the game is about, so she may be up for playing from time to time as well (the three of us could play online together).  She's a sucker for Live Arcade games and this would give her a whole new list of achievements to work toward. 

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2007, 08:11:11 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on March 07, 2007, 07:52:18 PM

(the three of us could play online together).
ninja

I'll let this one slide.  icon_wink

I know the rule all too well.  icon_lol  But I do like the quiet little luncheons your wife and I have from time to time.  When does she travel again?  icon_cool

No problem about tonight.  I will be messing around with the single player worms.  Of course I have my normal figure skating lessons and my date with Alicia.  If you find the time I'll be there.  Tomorrow night as well.  The next day for me to play will be Sunday night.  I have the kids with me this weekend so not sure how much time I'll have on Friday or Saturday.   

XM Channel 76
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2007, 08:54:44 PM »

Alicia? I'm guessing this has to do with bullet-riddled witches, not actually a date, right?

Oh, and BTW... IN!

I've always wanted to get into this (a few of my buddies killed years on this game) but I was too late and it wasn't popular enough with the rest of my friends.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »

Cross posted from OO:

Just as I hoped, it's Worms on Xbox Live and it's a blast.

It's stripped down, which is disappointing, but overall it looks and sounds and plays just like the Worms we know and love. I saw an option for Scheme customization but I didn't explore it fully. I played about 6 multiplayer matches and had a ton of fun. Being able to talk with your opponents is pretty great.

The controls are taking me some time to master. Two things are bugging me so far about the ninja rope:

1) It's really, really, really difficult to swing around above your hook point and extend out and over without disengaging the rope. This was pretty easy on the keyboard but I can't do it at all with the analog stick. If I can't get the hang of that it'll be a bummer, because that's a big part of strategic play.

2) When you're on a rope, the Jump button turns into your Drop Weapon button. Expect some aggravating and deadly mishaps early on while you're learning the ropes. (Har har.)

Anyone who's played it knows that Worms is a tremendously deep game with a great variety of strategies and weapons to learn. The gamepad controls and weapon differences require some getting used to. I'm disappointed that it isn't a more full-fledged experience like Armageddon was, with team play and other options, but it's still Worms and it's still awesome.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:16:29 PM by rrmorton » Logged
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2007, 06:19:10 AM »

I got in several great matches this evening (thanks rrmorton and Windows95!) trying out a few of the different preset schemes. There are some bugs that will need to be ironed out with a patch, but nothing critical so far.

However, it is annoying that they drop everybody after each match. The host has to create a new game and invite everyone back each time.  Very odd.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't get to everyone's invites but please keep them coming. I bought Crackdown a couple days ago but I'm afraid I might not get to it for a while.

EDIT:  Thanks to Arkon as well!  Sorry, didn't mean to leave you out.  A true Worms savant.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 02:36:23 PM by Jancelot » Logged
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »

Well - I messed around with this for a bit last night.  Went through the tutorials then played 3 online games with Arkon, using Poncho's Boyz!

Total crack-up!  Poncho's Boyz won the best-of-3 match against Arkon's marines in what had to be the WORST game of Worms in the history of worms matches.  Arkon had never played Worms before... ever.  And I (and I'm being totally serious) did nearly as much damage to myself as I did to Arkon's worms.  I am monumentally bad at this game, but it is SO much fun.

At one point, a message came up on the screen, "Do not underestimate the power of Tito Santana!" - (one of my worms).  Way too funny.

After the match, I made a GT East and GT West team.  The East team consists of Devil, Arkon, Soulchilde, and Starshifter.  I need to go look on that map thingy we did a while ago to get the names for the West team, as I only have Ron and ROTC on it right now.  I will probably make a GT North team as well, which will have Purge on it.  I know quite a few people would probably like to stick a bazooka up his ass.   icon_biggrin

Love the game.

LD

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2007, 01:47:10 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on March 08, 2007, 01:41:09 PM

Well - I messed around with this for a bit last night.  Went through the tutorials then played 3 online games with Arkon, using Poncho's Boyz!

Total crack-up!  Poncho's Boyz won the best-of-3 match against Arkon's marines in what had to be the WORST game of Worms in the history of worms matches.  Arkon had never played Worms before... ever.  And I (and I'm being totally serious) did nearly as much damage to myself as I did to Arkon's worms.  I am monumentally bad at this game, but it is SO much fun.

At one point, a message came up on the screen, "Do not underestimate the power of Tito Santana!" - (one of my worms).  Way too funny.

After the match, I made a GT East and GT West team.  The East team consists of Devil, Arkon, Soulchilde, and Starshifter.  I need to go look on that map thingy we did a while ago to get the names for the West team, as I only have Ron and ROTC on it right now.  I will probably make a GT North team as well, which will have Purge on it.  I know quite a few people would probably like to stick a bazooka up his ass.   icon_biggrin

Love the game.

You got lucky!

After our game I got my ass handed to me by Jancelot and rrMorten.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »

Yeah, fun stuff guys. I'm looking forward to more later today.

Quote from: Lockdown

icon_biggrin I also like the quotes it puts in the Xbox Live menu when you click on one of your friends and they're playing Worms. It'll say things like, "In a player match, preparing to call in an aerial strike" or, "Wondering where it all went wrong."  icon_lol

I kept getting too fancy for my own good last night, trying to maneuver around with the rope and execute pro maneuvers I remember from 1999 even though my gamepad skills are nowhere near up to the task. Jancelot named this unfortunate condition "Veteran's Handicap."

Sudden Death is a drag. Has anyone found a way to turn it off? I'll have to go mess around with the Custom Scheme editor to see what you can do with it exactly.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2007, 03:36:43 PM »

Did the previous Worms have ropes default to unlimited supply?  I remember having to be more frugal in deciding when to use them--but I might just be remembering typical player-set rules.  As it is now, I can pretty much move my worms anywhere on the map in my turn, which takes a bit of the strategy out of it.

Aside from the unlimited use, ropes are a lot harder to use in this version.  I don't know if it's because of the controls, or because they seem to swing a lot faster than previous Worms, but it's nigh impossible to swing it, err...vertically upside-downy.

I really miss the baseball bat, but I can see where they might consider it overpowered.  The loss of the bat wouldn't be so bad, though, if they hadn't nerfed the dragon punch and fireball so much.  They only do 30 damage, like before, so their real use was always in making the enemy Worms fly into mines or into the water.  In this version, they don't move very far at all.

But it's still Worms, and it's such a perfect match for Live.  Welcome back, Worms, glad you're 2d again.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2007, 03:46:26 PM »

The beginner mode gives you unlimited ropes and 60 second turns. Intermediate gives you 5 ropes (I think) and 45 seconds. Pro mode gives you 30 seconds and 3 ropes. The harder the mode, the fewer weapon types you have as well.

it's nigh impossible to swing it, err...vertically upside-downy

This is the hardest adjustment I've had to make. I screwed up plenty of turns in the early-going because I kept trying and trying to swing my worm up and over his rope fulcrum but I just can't do it. I lucked out one time so I know it's possible but it's very, very difficult with the analog stick.

There's lots of talk about the Holy Hand Grenade and the Super Sheep and the Baseball Bat, but you know who I miss?

mumble mutter mutter mumble <BOOM!>
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2007, 03:52:31 PM »

Did anyone else have a tough time getting in an online battle?  I kept getting a message that the Worms server was not available or the game was not available any more.  I tried hosting a game and the console froze on me.  The next time I was in the lobby we waited for a long time and kept getting no response from the host.  Another guy said that when he tried to host the console locked, so we figured it had happened again.  I only got to play one game last night.  I did have a blast because even though I suck, most everyone else did, too.  And the few who didn't had some unlucky things happen.  Still, I know I won't be able to devote time to it like others and the fun of getting spanked repeatedly is going to wane.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »

Love the game.

smile

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2007, 03:58:04 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on March 08, 2007, 03:46:26 PM

The beginner mode gives you unlimited ropes and 60 second turns. Intermediate gives you 5 ropes (I think) and 45 seconds. Pro mode gives you 30 seconds and 3 ropes. The harder the mode, the fewer weapon types you have as well.
Ok, that sounds right, good to hear.

it's nigh impossible to swing it, err...vertically upside-downy

This is the hardest adjustment I've had to make. I screwed up plenty of turns in the early-going because I kept trying and trying to swing my worm up and over his rope fulcrum but I just can't do it. I lucked out one time so I know it's possible but it's very, very difficult with the analog stick.
I think the analog stick is the real problem for this move.  You have to quickly switch between retracting and extending the rope, which is a snap with a keyboard where you can keep a finger on both the up and down arrow at the same time.  The analog stick isn't designed for instantaneously switching between the extremes.  I think I'm going to end up using the d-pad for roping, I didn't get to play around with it much, but it seemed easier to get into the rope rhythm.

One last quibble: the targetting reticle.  You move the crosshair to aim, but the crosshair icon always has the cross facing the cardinal directions.  Unless I'm remembering it wrong, previous worms would rotate the crosshair icon so that the horizontal line of the cross angles along the same axis you're aiming.  Without that line to aim, it's a lot harder to do precision shots like I used to, like long distance (or even medium range) shotgun sniping.

I'm going to be away for a week, but I hope you folks are still Worming when I get back.  My starting team is "Hiros," with a starting lineup of Hiro, Ando, Sulu, with Mr Muggles bringing up the rear.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2007, 04:00:12 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle
Did anyone else have a tough time getting in an online battle?

I had a lot of trouble getting into Quick Matches. For every 5 or 6 games I tried to enter, I would only get into 1. I got the WORMS SERVER COULD NOT BE FOUND message a few times and it froze up on me once. And I got dumped out of a few games too.

HankRaptor and I tried to play and we couldn't so he helped me adjust some settings on my router that had been giving me problems over Xbox Live. That allowed the two of us to play together but it didn't seem to alleviate the number of error messages I was getting. Hopefully it was just first day kinks and it'll settle down. Or maybe they can patch it.

There seems to be a bug where your team names will disappear in the second or third round of a match and be replaced by Worm 4, Worm 5, etc.

Fortunately, each game I hosted and invited friends to join worked properly. But as mentioned above, it's a nuisance that everyone gets booted out after someone wins the best of 3 match and you have to rehost and reinvite. Again, I'm hoping custom schemes can address these problems. Or at least make it best of 5 or 7 so you can play longer without interruption. (Of course, best of 3 matches with 4 players can last an hour or more if different players are winning since each game takes 20 minutes or so.)

P.S. Any Worms players not on my friends list, please add rrmorton!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:01:49 PM by rrmorton » Logged
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2007, 04:06:30 PM »

Without that line to aim, it's a lot harder to do precision shots like I used to, like long distance (or even medium range) shotgun sniping.

Ask Jancelot. He pegged me with an astonishing shotgun blast from clear across the map last night. He said he zoomed out and got lucky but I didn't believe him. I think he used a 102 inch HDTV and an architect's protractor.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2007, 04:09:58 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on March 08, 2007, 04:06:30 PM

Without that line to aim, it's a lot harder to do precision shots like I used to, like long distance (or even medium range) shotgun sniping.

Ask Jancelot. He pegged me with an astonishing shotgun blast from clear across the map last night. He said he zoomed out and got lucky but I didn't believe him. I think he used a 102 inch HDTV and an architect's protractor.

Heh, not far off from what I did on Armageddon and World Party.  I'd have a straight edge handy to hold up to the screen for the precision shots.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »

Played with a couple of friends last night - we used to all play together back in the Worms 2 days.  Though, we all (especially everyone else - I just played a good majority, they played a crapload) played the "Ninja Rope" game style.

Was a lot of fun!  Good old fashioned Worms fun over Live.  Lots of funny moments.  Though, the rope sucks.  Bad.  But aside from that (and hopefully some downloadable new voices) & the crappy "music", it was a blast.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2007, 05:23:24 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on March 08, 2007, 04:06:30 PM

ninja

Ignore the line markes and concentrate on the circle in the middle.  It's certainly more difficult now (since I can't use a ruler like wonderpug used to) but doable.  I did aim as best as I could, but that was my only sniping shot of the evening.  It remains to be seen if I was lucky or if my "methodology" worked.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »

For hot-seat play do you pass one controller around or can each player have his own?  Is it optional?  I have two controllers right now and  the one-per-player scenario is ideal.  However I really want to drop the scratch on two more controllers right now.

*edited for "better" usage of the English language.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:40:01 PM by Jancelot » Logged
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on March 08, 2007, 06:09:10 PM

For hot-seat play do you pass one controller around or can each player have his own?  Is it optional?  I have two controllers right now and, while the one-per-player is idea, I don't really want to drop the scratch on two more controllers right now.

We have four controllers, and I have been wondering if four-player play was possible offline with all four controllers.  If so, this could become quite an addictive party game when we have friends over.  But, if we instead just have to pass one controller around, so be it.  Still great fun.

Simon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2007, 11:47:20 PM »

I've never played Worms before and bought the game today, played the training missions and a couple of quick games. It's definitely easy to pick up and play but I'm already seeing where I want to master certain weapons and attacks. So far it was well worth the purchase and I bet it's a ton of fun playing with friends on Live.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2007, 11:49:38 PM »

Quote from: Simon on March 08, 2007, 11:47:20 PM

I've never played Worms before and bought the game today, played the training missions and a couple of quick games. It's definitely easy to pick up and play but I'm already seeing where I want to master certain weapons and attacks. So far it was well worth the purchase and I bet it's a ton of fun playing with friends on Live.

Perhaps this will be our first opportunity to actually play a game together, since all of my Gears of War invites always go unanswered.   icon_cry

icon_wink

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »

Love the game.

Good idea Lockdown!

Sorry guys.  Driving home from work Wednesday night after my gym workout I got very sick.  I've been pretty much sleeping from Wednesday night through late Thursday.  Took Thursday off from work to sleep it off.  Feeling better Thursday night I downloaded the game and messed around a bit.  I should be up to speed and ready to play starting this Sunday evening.

XM Channel 76
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: