http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 10:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wings: Directors Cut (Kickstarter) WWI Sim/RPG/Arcade  (Read 255 times)
Crawley
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:47:25 PM »

Just wanted to mention this Kickstarter since it needs some love and there may be some interest from those that played Wings back in the Amiga days. Wings was a World War I game from Cinemaware (Rocket Ranger/Defender of the Crown/TV Sports/etc) where you played a combat pilot that joins at the start of the War and goes to the end. It was an odd hybrid of a game that featured simulation elements (dogfights), arcade elements (bombing trains and flying over trenches) and some simplistic RPG elements.

It was hands down my favorite Cinemaware game as it was so much fun to play (although frustrating at times), had an engaging story, and was one of those games where you care about your squadmates make it back from the mission with you or not (aka Jagged Alliance).

In any case a Kickstarter began awhile back for an HD remake of the game. It looks pretty neat from the concept images they've posted but its not getting much traction. Which I can see since I'm not sure how popular the Amiga exclusive games were. But wanted to mention it in case anyone else that has fond memories of the game is unaware this has begun.

There's a nice video over there going over the histroy of the game for those that are unfamiliar with it to.
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 11:57:08 AM »

Since I am one of the few who bought the latest version of Defender of the Crown, I hope this works out.  I'd really love a motion controlled version of Rocket Ranger though. With all the resurgence of The Rocketeer lately, the time may be ripe for that.
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »

I have no interest in Cinemaware games except for It Came From the Desert, which was brilliant. I'd back that in a hearbeat. Doesn't look like Wings is going to succeed with its Kickstarter campaign though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: