http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Sony drop price of PS2 for Xbox 360 launch??  (Read 677 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2005, 02:02:30 PM »

I've heard lots of rumors of Microsoft dropping the price of the 360 when Sony launches their PS3 but how about the other way around?  Will Sony launch a pre-emptive strike in November?  I'm hoping they do because I want to pick up a second PS2 and I don't want to buy one now only to have the price drop in 2 months.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 02:51:34 PM »

If you believe what a Sony rep told analysts this week, the answer is no. I'll try to dig up a link, but someone at Sony categorically said that there would be no price drop before Christmas. Whether that's Sony playing games or not, I couldn't tell you. A number of big publishers have said that their Q4 sales projections do assume some sort of price cut for the PS2 before Christmas.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 04:29:49 PM »

They really don't need to.  PS2 is still selling gangbusters and has been outselling Xbox nearly 2:1 all year.  The release of the slimline PS2 really but a lot of life back into the system sales.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 05:48:39 PM »

They might bundle a game with the system or something, but a flat price cut?  Not going to happen.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 06:27:06 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
They might bundle a game with the system or something, but a flat price cut?  Not going to happen.

I agree-they are not really in direct competition and they sell absurd amounts, so why bother?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: