http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 03:27:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Guitar Hero on Tour work with Rock Band 1 equipment?  (Read 1456 times)
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2008, 08:34:39 PM »

I'm relatively new to GH and RB. I would like to get GHOT for some of the songs but don't want to shell out for another package of equipment to take up space. I have read that RB2 and GTOT are compatible but I just bought the RB2 game only and stuck with the RB1 equipment. I couldn't find a concrete answer out there.
rickfc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:46:45 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on October 22, 2008, 08:36:07 PM

Not sure about the Drums - it's supposed to, but I haven't seen how they'll do the mapping of the fifth drum yet.

Supposedly, the game will recognize the RB drums and go from 5-track note chart to 4.  I read it on Kotaku a while back and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Both MS and Sony came out and said they mandated to the publishers that their games be compatible with any equipment.  I also read a quote from someone at Activision saying that RB1 instruments would work, and as long as HMX kept the same controller mapping, so would RB2.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:48:22 PM by rickfc » Logged
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »

Yes.  Rick also forgot that I posted a podcast interview with Alan Flores, the lead designer, a while back slywink

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 10:58:48 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on October 22, 2008, 09:30:11 PM

Yes.  Rick also forgot that I posted a podcast interview with Alan Flores, the lead designer, a while back slywink

I didn't forget.  It was so painful to listen to that I didn't mention it.  biggrin

I kid.  I forgot.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 02:37:29 PM »

It has been confirmed that the ION kit does not work in GH:WT.  I have decied to get the full PS3 kit for the following reasons:

My 360's hard drive is just about full due to RB2 DLC.

My PS3 is connected to a nice sound system in the living room and currently gets very little use.

One of the main draws for me is the 4 vs 4 battle of the bands mode.  I'm guessing on the 360 all four local players will need gold accts to play.  No such problem on the PS3.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on October 24, 2008, 02:37:29 PM

It has been confirmed that the ION kit does not work in GH:WT.

Source?
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »

It has been confirmed that the ION kit does not work in GH:WT

OUT!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 03:12:12 PM »

That's weird b/c RB1 and RB2 drums do in fact work with it.

However, they map the extra symbol onto the yellow pad directly, making for some really weird charts.  thumbsdown
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »

One of the main draws for me is the 4 vs 4 battle of the bands mode.  I'm guessing on the 360 all four local players will need gold accts to play.  No such problem on the PS3.

Your guess is likely wrong... XBL games with multiplay from one console to the rest of the world normally has a Guest mode... that means that your guests can't log in with THEIR account, but they can still play online as Denoginizer (GUEST 1)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on October 24, 2008, 03:12:12 PM

That's weird b/c RB1 and RB2 drums do in fact work with it.

However, they map the extra symbol onto the yellow pad directly, making for some really weird charts.  thumbsdown

I can't access the Rockband website from my work PC to post a link.  But there is a thread about it in the General RB forum.  It seems that GHWT recognizes the ION as a 5 input kit but maps the cymbals incorrectly.  Which breaks your combo every time you hit a cymbal.  You must hit the green cymbal to match the 5th pad in the chart.

Long story short I don't expect Activision to fix this since apparently it was ION that did not map the drums to the standard spec.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 04:09:07 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 24, 2008, 04:03:53 PM

Your guess is likely wrong... XBL games with multiplay from one console to the rest of the world normally has a Guest mode... that means that your guests can't log in with THEIR account, but they can still play online as Denoginizer (GUEST 1)

Not in Rock Band 1 or 2.  Everyone playing must have a gold acct to play online.  It would be surprising if GH:WT wasn't the same way.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »

I'm fairly sure that in RB1 + 2 you can have multiple guests.  I think the first person signs in, and then the other people go to sign in, but select "Guest" from the list of profiles.

[edit] Yup, just double-checked, and that's exactly how it works.  The trick is that the guest option is the last item in the list of profiles, so it's easy to miss.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:42:36 PM by Chaz » Logged

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »

Long story short I don't expect Activision to fix this since apparently it was ION that did not map the drums to the standard spec.

Long story shorter: OUT!!!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 06:40:10 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on October 24, 2008, 05:39:49 PM

I'm fairly sure that in RB1 + 2 you can have multiple guests.  I think the first person signs in, and then the other people go to sign in, but select "Guest" from the list of profiles.

[edit] Yup, just double-checked, and that's exactly how it works.  The trick is that the guest option is the last item in the list of profiles, so it's easy to miss.

Hmm.  We have never been able to get that to work in RB1.  It always promped the guest to log into Live. I even sent an email to Harmonix asking about this back in Feb and was told it was not possible.   I never tried it in RB 2.

( I do believe you Chaz since I know you work for them. icon_biggrin)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 06:42:29 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »

<smug grin>

Just because I can. slywink Tongue ninja

/flees

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 12:24:25 AM »

Well, I wasn't sure I was going to get GH, but since I now own the Ion kit, I guess that solidifies it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 03:57:21 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 25, 2008, 12:24:25 AM

Well, I wasn't sure I was going to get GH, but since I now own the Ion kit, I guess that solidifies it.

Update.

According to a Neversoft employee there will be a day one update that will allow the game to work with the ION kit.  Bravo Neversoft!

http://community.guitarhero.com/forums/55708/forum_topics/130083?page=2

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: