http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 09:45:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will GHOST be the game that reels in the pc crowd?  (Read 1113 times)
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2004, 11:00:54 PM »

There have been a couple of console titles that interested me, but GHOST is the first non-pc game that has me considering either buying or renting an Xbox.

I have to wonder how many console hating Blizzard fanboys are mulling over the same thing.
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 11:15:58 PM »

The last few videos I saw of it made the game look almost pathetic.

It has since been switched to yet another developer, and I don't know what's happened to it since then.

Right now I'm cautiously optimistic.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 11:26:09 PM »

I don't even know that console players are as hyped up about this game as they used to, so I doubt PC gamers are at all.  It's been pushed back yet again to 2005 (it was originally planned for late 2003).  This goes beyond usual Blizzard practices of planned dates being pushed back.

They got rid of Nihilistic and then handed it off to Swingin' Ape who has the wonderful Metal Arms: Glitch in the System behind it.

I have a feeling this game might be the one game Blizzard may fail at after having nothing but the Midas touch.  They should probably think about canning it, but development has gone on for too long and they've probably blown a lot of money on it.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 11:29:02 PM »

As I said, cautiously optimistic.

I loved Metal Arms, and think that Swingin Ape could really fix what seemed to me to be kind of a bland game.

Granted I'm going off of choppy badly edited video footage here, but that's pretty much all we do have to base opinions on at this point right?

Regardless, I'll need a demo for them to get me to buy the game, and the demo will have to be damned impressive.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 04:44:26 AM »

You know, I completely forgot about this game. However, they did cancel warcraft adventures and for all intents and purposes, that game was pretty much done. So canceling ghost wont come to any surprise. It really lost a lot of its cool points over the years. Things that seemed cool are almost a requirement. Oh well, it is a shame. Too bad we will never see another starcraft game.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 05:05:38 AM »

Quote from: "jersoc"
Too bad we will never see another starcraft game.

Don't be so sure...Blizzard is at work on at least 2 other games outside of WoW and Ghost...or so the rumor goes.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 06:26:34 AM »

A starcraft 2 announcement would really make my year I think.

I think the first Starcraft  might be the only game I sunk more hours into than Counter-Strike.

At least I would be excited about SC2 as long as they don't warcraft 3-ify it. I don't want the game to be based around smaller hero oriented battles and lots of spells. I prefered the more standard RTS mold with the far bigger conflicts involving tons of units.

Am I the only one like that? Don't get me wrong, I liked Warcraft 3 I just think it could have been better.

Also, apologies for the very blatant thread derailment. Any mention of a new starcraft game always get my blood going.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Quote from: "jersoc"
Too bad we will never see another starcraft game.

Don't be so sure...Blizzard is at work on at least 2 other games outside of WoW and Ghost...or so the rumor goes.

I am pretty sure their next game will be a totally new one. New universe and all. While I would like to see a SC2, the expactations that game will have will never be attainable.
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 07:08:26 PM »

I think that Fable and Jade Empire will attract a lot more PC gamers then Ghost ever will. Let's face it, Ghost is to Starcraft what Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is to Baldur's Gate 2, or Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is to Fallout.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 07:43:06 PM »

I actually bought my X-box way back when because of Fable and Ghost.  Fable is out now and it is fun, if not great, so Ghost had better be awesome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: