http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 07:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild ARMs : Alter Code F coming Nov. 15  (Read 1452 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2005, 09:18:55 AM »

RPGamer has the news that Agetec has announced the release date for Wild ARMs : Alter Code F, a remake of the original Wild ARMs for the PSOne.  I love the Wild ARMs series mix of traditional RPG gameplay and heavy use of puzzles, and I never got a chance to play the original.  November 15 is going to be quite a day - Wild ARMs, Dragon Quest 8, and the Final Fantasy XII demo  drool

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 09:49:45 AM »

Call me psycho but I'm not picking up any games on November 15.  Never got into the Wild ARMs series of games (even though I did play a little bit of Wild ARMs 3 but didn't like it too much).  DQVIII didn't impress me.  And I'm not going to be playing that FFXII demo then either.

That is good news though.  Now it just depends on when Magna Carta is going to be released.  WHAT IF Atlus decided to ship it the same day?  That would be suicide!  Hoping that they'll make the scheduled November 8th ship date though . . . even though Atlus hasn't announced when MC is going to ship.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 11:03:58 AM »

I don't think there's much chance we'll see Magna Carta on the 8th.  Atlus has "winter" listed on their website, and they haven't said anything about a release date other than that.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:49:33 PM »

WildARMS is a classic RPG from the PSOne days. I've been looking at this remake and came to the conclusion that they've changed so much it's pretty much a new game entirely. Just uses the same characters and such.

It's also centered around a wild-westish era, so it's a breath of fresh air for those fantast/sci-fi RPGs that abound the genre.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »

Woo!  Been waiting for this one for a while
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 06:50:44 PM »

Quote from: "depward"
Call me psycho

it's tempting... but since you seem to be looking forward to magna carta almost as much as i am, it'd be kinda self-incriminating (i have a hunch the 11/8 release date just might be good - it feels like sony's getting as much stuff out the door as they can pre-360 launch?)

anyway, we now return you to wild arms (which does sound interesting)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 01:07:21 AM »

Call me psycho but I'm not picking up any games on November 15.  Never got into the Wild ARMs series of games (even though I did play a little bit of Wild ARMs 3 but didn't like it too much).  DQVIII didn't impress me.  And I'm not going to be playing that FFXII demo then either.

Psycho : :wink:

No WildARMs is one thing but no DQ8?  And you call yourself an RPG lover?  Pfff...
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 01:58:42 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
It's also centered around a wild-westish era, so it's a breath of fresh air for those fantast/sci-fi RPGs that abound the genre.

FWIW, the latest preview I read about it (in Game Informer I think) said there isn't much of the old wild-west in this one.  Perhaps that was just an early impression, bit it does seem they have changed it a lot from the past games.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 02:12:25 AM »

From what I've read about the original WA and what I've played of WA2, the wild west thing wasn't a big part of the game.  There are elements of a western setting, but also a heavy amount of standard console RPG settings.  Wild ARMs 3 had much more of a western setting, while it looks like WA4 will have very little.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 02:45:20 AM »

See I despise puzzles in almost every game, but I really want to give this game a try because the original Wild Arms always seemed cool. So its going to be tough for me to totally pass on it. Hmm.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »

I've been looking forward to this one for a while.  In 3 years of console gaming, the original Wild Arms was the first RPG I've finished, and I've only bothered to finish two of them.  The "wild west" wasn't a huge part of the setting: the game stands on its own merits.  And on its soundtrack, which is one of the best out there.

I hope that I get a job soon so I can actually buy this thing.
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 03:30:42 AM »

The original WildARMs is one of my top ten RPGs. Not interested in this, though.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 03:35:10 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Psycho : :wink:

No WildARMs is one thing but no DQ8?  And you call yourself an RPG lover?  Pfff...
Yeah, dep, you're f-ing insane.  Who cares about that Magna Carta bullshit... there's a freakin' DRAGON QUEST GAME COMING OUT

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 07:13:48 AM »

Can we get a mod to change depward's forum tag to 'Psycho'?
depward

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 10:13:37 AM »

Noooooo!

In due time my friends, I'll most likely get DQ8.  Don't worry!  I'll probably also pick up Wild ARMs: Alter Code F as well.  Just not release date purchases!

I mean hey, I've bought Unlimited SaGa not once . . . but twice.  I'm bound to pick up both titles down the line!   biggrin

GO AHEAD AND CHANGE IT TO PSYCHO!  I'm ok-ing it right now.  Fine by me!  I am psycho though, aren't I...

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 06:17:26 PM »

Noooooo!

In due time my friends, I'll most likely get DQ8.  Don't worry!  I'll probably also pick up Wild ARMs: Alter Code F as well.  Just not release date purchases!

I mean hey, I've bought Unlimited SaGa not once . . . but twice.  I'm bound to pick up both titles down the line!   biggrin

GO AHEAD AND CHANGE IT TO PSYCHO!  I'm ok-ing it right now.  Fine by me!  I am psycho though, aren't I...

Lol, now it says "what the heck!" right below your name. I LOL.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 08:14:46 PM »

Speaking of Wild ARMs, RPGamer has the box art for Magna Carta here.  This might be a good sign for a November 8 release, but if so, they should be unveiling the official website very soon.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 08:21:25 PM »

OOooh I like the one on the right!

Wait - that's Calintz - that's a dude.

I like the one on the right!  She has huge thighs!

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 01:09:32 AM »

I like the one on the right!

are you looking at the cover from the front or the back?

&, btw, you're definitely not the only psycho 'round here - just spent an hour with the dq demo, hopped online & cancelled my order. i don't have a problem with 'juvenile' per se (i loved radiata stories, which got slammed a bit for that, among other things), but combine that with not really liking the graphics, music (very bad!), voicework, & combat, &, well,... magna carta!!!...

sorry - now, once again, back to wild arms...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: