http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:21:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WiiU: Worth the Investment?  (Read 609 times)
Dante Rising
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:29:27 AM »

NewEgg is running a promotion where you can get a deluxe WiiU ZombiU Edition for $349.
This includes a WiiU Deluxe, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, and a Pro Controller. Seems like a great deal. My only problem is that I'm not a fan of any of the staple Nintendo franchises, except for Metroid. So far, the only games I see that really interest me are ZombiU, Monster Hunter Ultimate, Bayonetta (HUGE fan of this) and The Wonderful 101. Other than that I see nothing else, and I'm certain I'll purchase all 3rd party titles for the Xbox.

So, is it worth the investment? Am I forgetting any Nintendo exclusive games that looks good? Ones that aren't Mario?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:47:02 AM »

Not sure if it's your type of game, but LEGO City: Undercover will be a Wii U exclusive and looks very cool.

And a few Nintendo games I know of that aren't Mario would be a new Super Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, some new Zelda and Yoshi's Epic Story (or whatever they end up calling it). 

Other than that I'm not aware of much else.  Which is why I'm also still on the fence for buying one.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:34:31 AM »

If you don’t like most first party Nintendo games…no.  I really like my WiiU but even I can’t recommend it right now because there just aren’t that many games out now or in the pipeline. 

Right now these are the (mostly) exclusive games that are out now, already know are being made or there has been strong evidence to support.

Out Now
ZombiU (Solid game, would recommend)
Nintendoland (Better than expected but not worth it unless you play with a group of people)
New Super Mario U (Best Mario since Super Mario World on SNES)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Not bad but you can get it on PC)

Coming Soon
Game & Wario
LEGO City: Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Can get on 3DS)
Pikmin 3
Toki Tori 2 (PC as well)
The Wonderful 101

Later
Bayonetta 2
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Untitled Mario Kart
Yarn Yoshi
Rayman Legends (no longer exclusive but was made with the system in mind)
3D Mario
Smash Bros
Starfox
Zelda Windwaker HD
Monolith Soft RPG (Xenosaga?)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:40:50 AM by Lordnine » Logged
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 08:10:06 AM »

I just picked one up with Nintendo Land and Super Mario U. Really though i've got it for Monster Hunter and Lego Undercover. Both out in a few weeks and look great. Bayonetta 2 looks good but I alos have a 6 year old and he is loving it, even just playing the game on the game controller is great for him.

So far I am impressed with it but it does need more exclusives from Nintendo. They always seem slow to get them out.

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 09:09:53 AM »

That Lego game looks fairly awesome, but you guys had me at Shin Megami x Fire Emblem. Those are two of my favorite series.

Bayonetta and anything Shin Megami make the system an insta-buy. Now I'm just hoping I enjoy ZombiU. I'm a sucker for survival horror, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »

Don't forget that if you didn't have a Wii, all of those games work on it, too.

Plus there are a few downloadable titles that are good.  The only exclusive are Nano Assault Neo and Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition (though other versions of both have been on 3DS), but if you don't have them on other systems check out The Cave, Trine 2, Bit.Trip Runner 2 and  Little Inferno.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »

Yeah I never really played on the Wii as it needed my TV and we onyl have the one and the wife uses it when i game. All my consoles are connected to my monitor so the wii U is as well.

I am looking at picking up xenoblade and the zelda games as I havent played those at all.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 01:05:57 AM »

Seen a couple Deluxe sets (brand new) going for about $325 shipped on Ebay. Might want to check that route first.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 01:14:28 AM »

Quote from: Reemul on March 03, 2013, 05:50:53 PM

Yeah I never really played on the Wii as it needed my TV and we onyl have the one and the wife uses it when i game. All my consoles are connected to my monitor so the wii U is as well.

I am looking at picking up xenoblade and the zelda games as I havent played those at all.

you might also want to check out The Last Story.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:46 AM »

$335 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-U-Latest-Model-Deluxe-Set-32-GB-Black-Console-/170989825226?pt=Video_Games&hash=item27cfc9acca

Seems to be about the going price now for a new one on Ebay.

I'm still on the fence about the Wii U mainly because they left out DVD/Blu-ray to "save money", but they have backwards compatibility and free online multiplayer going for them, so might bite the bullet as soon as it drops by $50.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:49 AM »

also don't forget the virtual console.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 01:50:26 AM »

Quote from: Reemul on March 03, 2013, 08:10:06 AM

I just picked one up with Nintendo Land and Super Mario U. Really though i've got it for Monster Hunter and Lego Undercover. Both out in a few weeks and look great. Bayonetta 2 looks good but I alos have a 6 year old and he is loving it, even just playing the game on the game controller is great for him.

So far I am impressed with it but it does need more exclusives from Nintendo. They always seem slow to get them out.

Nintendo exclusives can only go for so long to sell systems. Think inevitably Nintendo might go the way of Sega and get out of the hardware business, releasing their games on other systems instead.

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 01:53:10 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 04, 2013, 01:48:46 AM

$335 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wii-U-Latest-Model-Deluxe-Set-32-GB-Black-Console-/170989825226?pt=Video_Games&hash=item27cfc9acca

Seems to be about the going price now for a new one on Ebay.

I'm still on the fence about the Wii U mainly because they left out DVD/Blu-ray to "save money", but they have backwards compatibility and free online multiplayer going for them, so might bite the bullet as soon as it drops by $50.

Definitely not a bad price, but for an extra $14 at Newegg I can get a bundle with the game ZombiU ($40-$60 value depending upon where you buy), and a pro controller ($50 value). Neither of these are included in the normal deluxe set.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 01:55:34 AM »

For some reason the Zombie bundles are still going pretty high on Ebay.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »

Tried to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles in the uk today and its nigh on impossible. Pretty much out of stock and not even any secondhand stuff. 60 on amazon.

Did it not sell well and is now hard to get hold of.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on March 04, 2013, 01:55:21 PM

Tried to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles in the uk today and its nigh on impossible. Pretty much out of stock and not even any secondhand stuff. 60 on amazon.

Did it not sell well and is now hard to get hold of.

I think it's more that they did a limited run thinking it wouldn't sell.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: