http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii - What's Next?  (Read 683 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2008, 04:55:42 AM »

My wife and I still love Mario Kart and GH3.  I love Smash Brothers and love and beat Boom Blox.

What is next on the horizon for the Wii?

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 06:49:47 AM »

Many folks are looking forward to the Wii version of Star Wars Force Unleashed, which is looking to have very good split-screen mulltiplay and is set to release in September. The Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles game is also supposed to release in the late Summer or early Fall. The Lego games so far have been good on the Wii and Lego Batman will be released this summer. Mario Sluggers also releases this Summer and it could prove to be very good; possibly the 1st baseball game on the Wii that gets the controls right.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:58:21 AM by kronovan » Logged
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 02:52:12 PM »

Eco, may Wii owners are asking the same thing. The Wii has had pretty incredible first party support from Nintendo in its first year and a half, with nearly all of its big franchises getting new releases. Nintendo has hinted that they have announcements at E3, that will make "core gamers" happy. We'll see.

I also saw that Lucasarts announced a Star Wars Clone Wars game exclusively for the Wii which focuses on lightsaber dueling using the Wii remote. If done right that should be cool.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 04:35:35 PM »

IIRc a new powe pros baseball game come out this month/july.  That's about all i'm looking forward to unfortunately.   I'm dying for a good golf game!

morlac00 on PSN
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 04:42:30 PM »

I'm dying for a good golf game!

August will see the release of Tigerwoods 09, which is completely overhauled from 08. Much improved graphics and they completely overhauled the swing mechanic to make it more realistic and closer to your actual arm movements.

I haven't played it yet obviously but I have high hopes for it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 04:45:06 PM »

Also,

Rock Band comes out Sunday if you don't already have it for another console.

and Lego Batman in July.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 11:30:04 PM »

Scraper - Tiger Woods07 came out for the wii - the swing mechanic had nothing to do with my golf swing.  I took this as a HUGE warning sign.

Then 08 comes out...with somewhat of a better job, but still not perfectly reflecting how the player is swinging his club.

Seriously, it's taking three freaking tries to get the simplest motion mechanic (swing!) down?  Jeebus, this is why the Wii has been the biggest letdown of this generation for me.  Maybe half a dozen good games, and few tech demos that have nothing after the first time, and mountains of failed potential.  All I wanted out of a wii to declare motion a success was a great golf game...and they STILL haven't done that.  It's pathetic. 

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »

i think of my wii as a little vanity/luxury machine: i've found 3 games i like (smg, no more heroes, & umbrella chronicles) so far, &, along with some downloads (& my cube games), i'm basically happy, with the understanding that i knew it was never gonna be my main console this go-round...

iow, i'm not expecting much, which apparently is just as well smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 12:25:31 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on June 20, 2008, 04:45:06 PM

and Lego Batman in July.

I think you mean September.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print