http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 09:00:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii Virtual Console Games for today  (Read 861 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=10917

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ANNOUNCED FOR WII SHOP CHANNEL

Jan. 8, 2007

Today Nintendo adds three new classic games to the popular Wii™ video game system's Wii Shop Channel. The games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Gradius® (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Across the galaxy, there exists a distant planet known as Gradius. Gradius' peaceful existence has been brought to an end by an intense space invasion by a race known as the Bacterion. To save the planet, the hyperspace fighter Vic Viper has been deployed to fight the Bacterion invasion. Players pilot the Vic Viper through seven stages, shooting and dodging through deadly obstacles, while using various power-ups, including missiles, lasers, options and shields. The Vic Viper's target is the enemy fortress, Xaerous. The only way to end the war is to plunge deep through the enemy forces and destroy its very core.

Soldier Blade® (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): A new shooter in the "Star Soldier" tradition. Players play as an SIA (Special Interception Airforce) pilot flying the heavy assault fighter "Soldier Blade." Players face the Zeograd invasion force with weapon attacks that change each time they grab a power-up item. Players can unleash three different kinds of attack depending on the color of the power-up item. New features, such as the "Gunbody" option for avoiding enemy attacks and the "Burst Out" system (which has a different effect depending on the power-up level), add a strategic element that requires players to make snap decisions about which items to grab and when to use special attacks. Awesome boss battles await players at the end of each operation. Playing in "CHALLENGE" mode requires players to try to get as many points as they can in a limited amount of time.

Dungeon Explorer™ (TurboGrafx16, 1-5 players, 600 Wii Points): Dungeon Explorer is a multiplayer action/role-playing game where up to five players can play at the same time. The story takes place in underground dungeons. Players can choose from eight different character types: Fighter, Thief, Warlock, Witch, Bishop, Elf, Bard or Knome. Depending on the character, the types of magic, attack strength and movement will all vary. To survive, players most know all about their enemies' weaknesses. Players also must know about the special attributes of each magic spell and use them to their greatest advantage. In team-play games, working together is the key to victory. Any combination of Wii Remotes and Nintendo GameCube™ controllers can be used in multiplayer games.

Pretty good update today!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »

What is this Dungeon Explorer game?  Any good?  What the heck is a Knome, some kind of gnome that Britney Spears would date?
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »

I'll pass on all three.  Castlevania IV has been eating up all of my time along with some Super Mario 64.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 05:26:21 PM »

I've been hearing great things about Dungeon Explorer.  Has anyone here tried it?  It's from 1989, so I'm wondering if it holds up.  Also, I'm wondering, since it's sort of a Gauntlet clone, how well it plays single-player.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:52:12 PM »

I loved Dungeon Explorer back in the day. Hard to beat 5 player, Gauntlet/Zelda/Golden Axe kind of game. It's huge to boot. I really enjoyed it, will probably get it on the VC. Worth every bit of Six bucks. There was a Super CD sequel that is even better.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 07:19:01 PM »

i think i will pass on the 3 as well,we have had dungeon explorer for some time already...and it looks,well...not my cup of tea shall i say

this is a complete list of all american and english VC games,notice how..some games both have crosses..thats 'cos they are either TBC or available already in japan(check out the N64 section)

http://www.meanmachinesmag.co.uk/wii/complete_list.php

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 08:30:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 08, 2007, 07:19:01 PM

i think i will pass on the 3 as well,we have had dungeon explorer for some time already...and it looks,well...not my cup of tea shall i say

this is a complete list of all american and english VC games,notice how..some games both have crosses..thats 'cos they are either TBC or available already in japan(check out the N64 section)

Yeah, I can't believe that they released all those great games over in Japan. Those games were huge hits over here as well. So what is the deal?

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on January 08, 2007, 08:30:20 PM

Yeah, I can't believe that they released all those great games over in Japan. Those games were huge hits over here as well. So what is the deal?

Same thing as with normal releases- every region has their own plan on what they think makes the most sense in their own region.  So Japan puts out LttP at launch (where Zelda isn't nearly as popular) and NOA and NOE probably hold it back for some other time when they think they need a really significant release.

There is also probably some publisher wheeling and dealing going on.  Some obscure TB16 game is going to get a lot more attention if comes out during a weak with little else that's notable than if it comes out the week that Super Mario World or something hits. 
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 09:29:12 PM »

So skip Dungeon Explorer unless you have 2 or 3 folks to play it with. My memories are clearly better than the game :-p Is it bad? No it's not bad, it just doesn't hold up nearly as well as games like Bonk, R-type and Castlevania. Definitely Gauntlet with levelling up and stats.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 11:04:58 PM »

Man, I wish Nintendo would release NINTENDO games on their Virtual Console. Enough with the TG16 crap.

I WANT SUPER METROID!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 11:32:37 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on January 08, 2007, 09:29:12 PM

So skip Dungeon Explorer unless you have 2 or 3 folks to play it with. My memories are clearly better than the game :-p Is it bad? No it's not bad, it just doesn't hold up nearly as well as games like Bonk, R-type and Castlevania. Definitely Gauntlet with levelling up and stats.
Thanks, tebunker.  Now avoiding.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 02:47:43 AM »

Any word on if they are going to release Operation Wolf on the VC?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 08:43:31 AM »

LOL,i asked for that on the nintendo forums......that and operation thunderbolt(the sequel)...me and my mate finished that game in the arcades...must of cost us 100s££££££

and chase HQ...yeah!!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 02:54:52 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 08, 2007, 07:19:01 PM

Beetle Adventure Racing N64 will be coming out! Now that's great news; one of the best arcade-style  racers I've ever played.  icon_biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: