http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 01:22:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii Virtual Console Games for 4/2  (Read 1575 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:05:02 PM »

Today Nintendo adds three classic games to the popular Wii(TM) video game system’s Wii Shop Channel. The games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with ahigh-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points(TM) to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

Star Fox(R) 64 (Nintendo(R) 64, 1-4 players, 1,000 Wii Points): Players take the controls of their Arwing and complete 15 missions to reach the final objective: a showdown on Venom, the home planet of the interplanetary tyrant, Andross. Throughout the adventure, players have to accomplish challenging objectives in order to reach and conquer every mission. Skim over the surface of an alien sea, weave through the concrete canyons of a futuristic metropolis or dodge planetoids the size of mountains. Between missions, players will be treated to real-time 3-D movies that progress the story of the Star Fox team of space mercenaries in their struggle against the evil ape emperor, Andross.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(R) (NES(R), 1 player, 600 Wii Points): Cowabunga! Players take control of the turtles in a half shell and rescue reporter April O’Neil from the clutches of the evil Shredder. Battle against the Foot Ninja Clan as Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Raphael with their trademark weapons and ninja abilities. Search through five stages and dozens of areas throughout the New York City sewers, rooftops and ultimately Shredder’s Technodrome to save April. Players must scarf down some pizza to keep up their energy, as they’ll need it to defeat Shredder. Turtle Power!

(C)2007 Mirage Studios, Inc. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(R) is a trademark of Mirage Studios, Inc. All rights reserved. (C)1989 Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Dragon’s Curse (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): After defeating the Mecha Dragon in the depths of the Dragon Castle, the wounded beast casts a spell on the hero, turning him into an ugly creature. To return to human form, he must find the Salamander Cross, which can break any curse. This side-scrolling action role-playing game is nonlinear, allowing players to
venture freely. Collect gold and items while upgrading equipment and powering up stats. The hero starts as Lizard-Man but, upon defeating the dragon bosses, is changed into other creatures such as Mouse-Man, Piranha-Man,Tiger-Man and Hawk-Man. Each creature possesses distinct abilities such as the ability to fly, swim, walk on ceilings or cling to walls. Players use each creature’s special skills to widen your search for the Salamander Cross and bring the hero back to his human form!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:06:30 PM »

Very excited for Starfox!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:13:08 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 02, 2007, 02:06:30 PM

Very excited for Starfox!

A classic shooter of the N64 era. Definitely worth the purchase. Now Nintendo just needs to release the SNES game and patch up the unreleased SNES sequel and we'll be all set. smile

And TMNT on the NES? There's no way in hell I'd EVER play that game again without an emulator and save states. The game was a bitch to beat back when it was released.

Dragon's Curse...never owned a TG16, so I have no idea what it's like. Any thoughts?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:00:15 PM »

Oh, nice.  Starfox is one that I never got around to playing.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 03:28:16 PM »

Is this the same Turtle game that was recently released on Xbox Live Arcade?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 03:35:07 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on April 02, 2007, 02:13:08 PM

Dragon's Curse...never owned a TG16, so I have no idea what it's like. Any thoughts?

The virtual console archive says it's worth downloading, giving it four stars and saying:
...the execution is near-faultless. The level design is genius...

http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/484/dragons-curse.php

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »

Quote from: The_Man on April 02, 2007, 03:28:16 PM

Is this the same Turtle game that was recently released on Xbox Live Arcade?

The Live game is the Turtles game from the arcade.  I believe this VC TMNT is the "put hair on your chest" difficulty NES version.  You move around the surface in a top down view, and then go to a side scrolling view when you enter sewers or buildings.  There's a rant somewhere on youtube that captures the difficulty and frustration of the game quite well.

Despite that, I spent many hours of my childhood playing the game, I'm tempted to download it to see if my l33t gaming skills I've since developed are enough for me to beat the game for once.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 04:52:10 PM »

dont get turtles for the love of god,...turtles was my first bad VC title,terrible game IMO

we have had turtles and dragons curse for a few weeks now...but starfox,i hope this comes to europe soon

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:08:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's the NES version of TMNT that made me hate water levels with a passion.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 05:12:49 PM »

TMNT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjUz8IT0CYg (NSFW, language)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:49:05 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 02, 2007, 03:38:04 PM

The Live game is the Turtles game from the arcade.  I believe this VC TMNT is the "put hair on your chest" difficulty NES version.  You move around the surface in a top down view, and then go to a side scrolling view when you enter sewers or buildings.  There's a rant somewhere on youtube that captures the difficulty and frustration of the game quite well.

This is a VERY good way of putting it. To say it's one of the hardest games ever made is being nice.

And...why is Turtles 600 points? Aren't all NES games 500?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 05:51:59 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on April 02, 2007, 05:49:05 PM

This is a VERY good way of putting it. To say it's one of the hardest games ever made is being nice.

The extra 100 points is for your soul.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 08:03:04 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on April 02, 2007, 05:49:05 PM

Because the Movie just came out... icon_evil

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »

OMFG Star Fox 64, unbelievable!!
I can't believe we've gotten Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 within almost the 1st 4 months of the Wii's release. I'll definitely be downloading this game. I've played it many times before but I'm up for it again, besides my son and daughter have never played it. No doubt my son will smoke me in mplay as my nephew did before him.

I agree with others that it's pretty cheesy that they're charging $6 for the NES version of TMNT. I have no illusions that this is a shamless, direct cash in on the recent movie.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 10:31:56 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 02, 2007, 09:28:34 PM

I agree with others that it's pretty cheesy that they're charging $6 for the NES version of TMNT. I have no illusions that this is a shamless, direct cash in on the recent movie.

I totally feel sorry for those people who do download it for exactly that reason, not knowing it's one of the hardest and most unforgiving NES games ever.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 11:02:18 PM »

Star Fox 64?  Amazing.  I loved the dogfights under the big UFO-type ship-thing.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 11:07:32 PM »

I shall buy Star Fox TONIGHT GOODBYE WII POINTS

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 11:57:13 PM »

Now they did make a version of TMNT arcade for the NES, and it was actually pretty decent. In fact they made about 4 games in the same vein as the arcade game for NES, SNES and Genesis. That first game came out before the arcade one and is just too tough to be any fun.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 04:16:31 AM »

Was Star Fox 64 always this...dark? Either my memories are fuzzy, or my TV doesn't like playing N64 games for whatever reason. Although, I do tend to have to turn up the default brightness/contrast on most any game nowadays...

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 07:41:18 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on April 04, 2007, 04:16:31 AM

Was Star Fox 64 always this...dark? Either my memories are fuzzy, or my TV doesn't like playing N64 games for whatever reason. Although, I do tend to have to turn up the default brightness/contrast on most any game nowadays...

It's looking fine on my HDTV, but the game's none the less quite dark. I remember having to fiddle with contrast and brightness on my old JVC SDTV for the N64 version. I also remember that it did look significantly better when I finally got my N64 connected via S-Video.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 06:20:40 PM »

for some reason SEGA have seen fit to release 3 titles on the european VC today(i guess its because of it being Good Friday tomorrow)

sonic spinball-800 points-megadrive

the story of Thor-800 points-megadrive

Vectorman-800 points-megadrive

yes,i am pissed that we didnt get Lylat wars,as i have just bought some points today for that title...maybe ..hopefully,it will still be released like normal tomorrow...okay,proberbly not

'the story of Thor'
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 06:25:14 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 06:36:25 PM »

Oooo, Vectorman...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 12:38:54 AM »

Go buy Story of Thor, it's Beyond Oasis here and it freaking rocks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: