http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 02:31:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii VC tidbit  (Read 1267 times)
JCC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2006, 03:27:21 AM »

Sorry to start a new thread, but I didn't see any recent Wii threads that seemed appropriate to post this info in.

IGN has an interview with Perrin Kaplan of Nintendo of America (in IGN weekly #28, very early in the video). The interview is pretty much 98% fluff, but one thing she revealed that made me happy was in regards to the Virtual Console. She says that once you have purchased and downloaded a VC game, it is yours and you own it. So, if you delete it, you can go back and download it again as they remember you own it. Nice.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 04:19:07 AM »

Good to hear. Apparently they're keeping track of things, just like Microsoft did with the Live Arcade games. Attach everything to your account and let people pull them again if for any reason you need to clear space on your memory card/HD.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 05:19:06 AM »

This is good to hear, but really it has been the standard for a few years now and I would have been extremely surprised (and disappointed) to hear any different. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »

must say that i am really looking forward to the Wii,it sounds like it will be a great machine,hopefully it will do wonders for nintendo...as even though the GBA and DS are successful,i was under the impression about a year or two ago that nintendo was gonna do a sega ..thankfully it doesnt look like this will be the case....we need 3 consoles out there

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 02:44:33 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 08, 2006, 05:19:06 AM

This is good to hear, but really it has been the standard for a few years now and I would have been extremely surprised (and disappointed) to hear any different. 
unfortunately you can never be sure until you hear it from the horses mouth.

On another good note, it's looking like we will have just 1 friend code per account and that will be universal across all game. If you read the Iwata asks articles on www.wii.com the next to last one is about the message board system and how when you buy a new game you can send invites to your friends list for them to pick up the title. Of course it takes a little extrapolation from the quotes but they essentially make it look like the system will have friend codes attached to your own account like "Live!".

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 02:45:46 PM »

You guys will really be surprised at how small the Wii really is.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 03:57:26 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 08, 2006, 02:45:46 PM

PS2 Slim small ... or more so?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 04:36:43 PM »

Quote from: Dafones on October 08, 2006, 03:57:26 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 08, 2006, 02:45:46 PM

PS2 Slim small ... or more so?

My store manager (just back from GS/EB conference) held up a decent-sized computer game box (not funky or oversized, but a typical box that would hold a manual and stuff) and said it was about like that.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 04:45:18 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on October 08, 2006, 02:44:33 PM

On another good note, it's looking like we will have just 1 friend code per account and that will be universal across all game.

Friend code?

You're kidding right?

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 05:00:31 PM »

I saw this little comparison graph over at Kotaku earlier in the week, but honestly how large or small a console is doesn't really mean a damn thing to me:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 06:10:20 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 08, 2006, 05:00:31 PM

I saw this little comparison graph over at Kotaku earlier in the week, but honestly how large or small a console is doesn't really mean a damn thing to me:

When you're running out of space in your entertainment center it can matter alot-  that's why I like how small the slimline PS2 is.  Does anyone know if the Wii has to stand vertically, or can you lay it flat?  Laying flat would be good as otherwise I currently don't have room for it.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on October 08, 2006, 04:45:18 PM

On another good note, it's looking like we will have just 1 friend code per account and that will be universal across all game.

Friend code?

You're kidding right?

What the helll do you think your Gamertag is? It's the same thing just a different name.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 06:39:27 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on October 08, 2006, 06:35:11 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on October 08, 2006, 04:45:18 PM

Friend code?

You're kidding right?

What the helll do you think your Gamertag is? It's the same thing just a different name.

That's true.  But will it let me known as denoginizer or 156554 797976?

I hate the friend code system on the DS and I am hoping they do not do the same thing on the Wii.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 07:03:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 08, 2006, 06:10:20 PM

When you're running out of space in your entertainment center it can matter alot-  that's why I like how small the slimline PS2 is.  Does anyone know if the Wii has to stand vertically, or can you lay it flat?  Laying flat would be good as otherwise I currently don't have room for it.....

I hope it can sit flat. My entertainment center can't hold any consoles vertical period. That, and I wouldn't want it to tip over.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 08, 2006, 07:03:25 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 08, 2006, 06:10:20 PM

I hope it can sit flat. My entertainment center can't hold any consoles vertical period. That, and I wouldn't want it to tip over.

It can sit flat.  When it's vertical it's just sitting in a little plastic piece that holds it at an angle. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: