http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2015, 11:42:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 28716 times)
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 22, 2014, 04:05:13 AM »

I keep my gamepad in the charging cradle when I'm not using it.  That helps keep it ready for play.  I do use the pro controllers more though.  You heard right, they last a long time on one charge.

The gamepad is really nice for off-tv play.  The other day one of my kids was playing DK Tropical Freeze on the gamepad, the other was playing DK Country on the 3DS, and I was watching recorded dvr shows on the tv.  Pretty cool. 
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 31, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »

I bought one of those $200 refurbished Wii U consoles and just received it and set it up last night. I had returned my previous Wii U because I was having network connection issues.

This console looks brand new and works flawlessly! I bought the digital versions of Mario World and Mario Kart 8, looking forward to some local multiplayer on both.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 31, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on July 22, 2014, 04:05:13 AM

I keep my gamepad in the charging cradle when I'm not using it.  That helps keep it ready for play.  I do use the pro controllers more though.  You heard right, they last a long time on one charge.

The gamepad is really nice for off-tv play.  The other day one of my kids was playing DK Tropical Freeze on the gamepad, the other was playing DK Country on the 3DS, and I was watching recorded dvr shows on the tv.  Pretty cool. 

You can also buy a new battery (from Nintendo, at least.  I don't remember if it's available elsewhere) that extends playtime on a charge for the gamepad.  This has made a big difference in longer play sessions for me.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »

It so happens that I ordered one of those extended batteries for the pad from Amazon. At the time I ordered it, the cost was $65. Now it's up to about $75. It looks like Nintendo no longer sells the extended battery themselves. I checked the website and could not find it. If it is discontinued, the prices on Amazon are going to get ridiculous, so if anyone is interested in getting one, now would be the time to get it.

This is the product page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZPU0E2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: July 31, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on July 31, 2014, 06:07:26 PM

It so happens that I ordered one of those extended batteries for the pad from Amazon. At the time I ordered it, the cost was $65. Now it's up to about $75. It looks like Nintendo no longer sells the extended battery themselves. I checked the website and could not find it. If it is discontinued, the prices on Amazon are going to get ridiculous, so if anyone is interested in getting one, now would be the time to get it.

This is the product page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZPU0E2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, I had looked around for the one on Nintendo's site a few weeks back and could no longer find it.  I'm not sure why they quit selling it but I don't think I'm willing to spend $75 on it, I figured $35 or maybe $40.  It looks like PlayAsia still has them on sale for $35 though.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: November 11, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »

So just a heads up, Best Buy is apparently having a ridiculous Black Friday deal on the WiiU this year.  With the number of great games releasing on the system lately it's a great time to jump in.

Best Buy is offering the Super Mario 3D World Wii U bundle that also includes Nintendo Land, as well as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Bros. for the low price of $360.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 11, 2014, 09:24:38 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on November 11, 2014, 08:41:26 PM

So just a heads up, Best Buy is apparently having a ridiculous Black Friday deal on the WiiU this year.  With the number of great games releasing on the system lately it's a great time to jump in.

Best Buy is offering the Super Mario 3D World Wii U bundle that also includes Nintendo Land, as well as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Bros. for the low price of $360.

I would think there would be better deals, since that's only $50 less than it would cost to buy all those separately (and only $30 less if you have Gamers Club Unlocked).

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 15, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »

Nintendo revealed in their latest Nintendo Direct that they will be selling downloadable Wii games on the WiiU.  Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out now, with Punch-Out and Metroid Prime Trilogy coming in the next two weeks.  Each game will be half-off for the first week, and you can get SMG2 for $10.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: January 15, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »

I really wish they had gone full bore on some of those and instead made the Galaxy games an HD remake with full controller support.  I'd rather not have to dig out my dumb Wii-mote and nunchuck to play them. 
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 15, 2015, 06:20:54 PM »

Perhaps but for $10 it is a pretty great deal.

Now just announce Xenoblade!  Give me a game to play while waiting for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 01, 2015, 03:17:57 AM »

So I damn near impulse-purchased a Wii U at Gamestop tonight.  I had the Mario bundle along with Bayonetta in my hand, and I asked the kid at the register about controllers.  Said I thought playing an action oriented game like Bayonetta on that pad thing would be awkward, and to tell me what other options were available.  He points me towards the Wii U remote, which had me confused.  Told him I was looking for something more like this, and he launches into this huge story about how Nintendo doesn't make those anymore, the only way to get them is through E-bay, and you have to pay around $200 for them.  That sounded awfully fishy to me, so I put everything back and told him I needed to do a little more research.

My impulse has passed, and I think I may just wait now until the new Xenoblade hits.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 01, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 01, 2015, 03:17:57 AM

Said I thought playing an action oriented game like Bayonetta on that pad thing would be awkward

It's not. At least I didn't find it to be.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: February 01, 2015, 04:58:48 PM »

As someone with large hands, the default WiiU pad is the most comfortable controller I’ve used in years.  Also, the cashier was either an idiot or thinking of the WiiU Gamecube controllers.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 01, 2015, 09:00:31 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 01, 2015, 03:17:57 AM

My impulse has passed, and I think I may just wait now until the new Xenoblade hits.

OK, so I lied.  Spent most of last night doing research on the Wii U and decided to take the plunge.  (waits for the "I told you so" from Eddie smile)  This is a awfully slick console, and I actually love the big ol' touchpad controller.  Spent this morning bouncing between Bayonetta 2 and the new Super Mario World game.

I knew I'd love Bayonetta, as nothing else matches the sheer insanity it brings to the table.  However, I'm about to say something I haven't said in over 20 years...this Mario game is really damn fun.   I'm actually quite shocked at how much I'm enjoying it.  They also had a used copy of The Last Story (Wii), and I'm going to jump into that after Mario and Bayonetta 2 are done.  I've been wanting to go back to it for a while now, as I don't really think I have it a fair shake the first time around.

Time will tell if it holds up, but initial impressions have me very pleasantly surprised with this console.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: February 01, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »

Well, you won't get any "I told you so" from me; I think the Wii U is a great console.  Not a great primary console for 3rd parties, but amazing if you like Nintendo games.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 02, 2015, 06:44:31 AM »

People still shop at GameStop?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2015, 02:33:47 PM »

Quote from: Lee on February 02, 2015, 06:44:31 AM

There's one 3 minutes from my house.

The only other option that had both Bayonetta 2 and the Wii U console was a Walmart 20 minutes away, and I'd much rather buy from Gamestop than Walmart.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2015, 03:09:25 PM »

Quote from: Lee on February 02, 2015, 06:44:31 AM

I'll probably buy my WiiU there when it's time, because Amazon doesn't carry them directly and prices for the consoles are therefore obscene.

I also bought my PS4 there, because it was the easiest way to get the GTA5/TLoU bundle.

I won't buy games or anything else there, but they're perfectly fine for consoles.  And there's one 5 minutes from where I live.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »

Just a heads up, if you are part of Club Nintendo, this is the last month of rewards…ever.
Their final list of rewards is awesome.  Pick up Wonderful101 if you don’t already have it.  It’s made by the developer of Bayonetta.
Full List with Prices:
Wii U:

[NES] Balloon Fight (200)
[NES] Baseball (200)
[NES] Clu Clu Land (200)
[NES] Donkey Kong 3 (200)
[NES] Donkey Kong Jr. (200)
[NES] Dr. Mario (200)
[NES] Excitebike (200)
[NES] Golf (200)
[NES] Ice Climber (200)
[NES] Ice Hockey (200)
[NES] Kid Icarus (200)
[NES] Mario Bros. (200)
[NES] Metroid (200)
[NES] NES Open Tournament Golf (200)
[NES] Pinball (200)
[NES] Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (200)
[NES] Super Mario Bros. (200)
[NES] Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (200)
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 2 (200)
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 (200)
[NES] Tennis (200)
[NES] Volleyball (200)
[NES] Urban Champion (200)
[NES] Wario’s Woods (200)
[NES] Wrecking Crew (200)
[NES] Yoshi (200)
[NES] Zelda II: the Adventure of Link (200)
[SNES] Earthbound (250)
[SNES] F-Zero (200)
[SNES] Pilotwings (200)
[SNES] Super Mario World (200)
[SNES] Super Metroid (200)
[SNES] Super Punch-Out!! (200)
[GBA] F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (200)
[GBA] Golden Sun (200)
[GBA] Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (200)
[WiiU] Dr. Luigi (300)
[WiiU] NES Remix (300)
[WiiU] Game & Wario (600)
[WiiU] Wii Fit U (600)
[WiiU] Wii Party U (850)
[WiiU] The Wonderful 101 (600)

3DS:

[GB] Baseball (150)
[GB] Donkey Kong (150)
[GB] Golf (150)
[GB] Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters (150)
[GB] Mario’s Picross (150)
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus (150)
[GB] Radar Mission (150)
[GB] Super Mario Land (150)
[GB] Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (150)
[GB] Tennis (150)
[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (200)
[GBC] Mario Golf (200)
[GBC] Wario Land 2 (200)
[NES] Donkey Kong 3 (200)
[NES] Donkey Kong Jr. (200)
[NES] The Legend of Zelda (200)
[NES] Metroid (200)
[NES] Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (200)
[3DS] 3D Classics: Excitebike (200)
[3DS] 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (200)
[3DS] 3D Classics: TwinBee (150)
[3DS] 3D Classics: Urban Champion (200)
[3DS] 3D Classics: Xevious (150)
[3DS] Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters (200)
[3DS] Brain Age Express: Math (200)
[3DS] Brain Age Express: Sudoku (200)
[3DS] A Kappa’s Tale (200) [3DS] Chibi Robo: Photo Finder (250)
[3DS] Crosswords Plus (600)
[3DS] Dillon’s Rolling Western (250)
[3DS] Dillon’s Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (300)
[3DS] Fluidity: Spin Cycle (300)
[3DS] HarmoKnight (300)
[3DS] Kersploosh (150)
[3DS] Ketzal’s Corridors (200)
[3DS] Looksley’s Line Up (200)
[3DS] Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (200)
[3DS] Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (250)
[3DS] Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (200)
[3DS] Sparkle Snapshots 3D (200)
[3DS] Tokyo Crash Mobs (200)
[3DS] Brain Age: Concentration Training (600)
[3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (600)
[3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising (700)
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (600)
[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star (700)
[3DS] Star Fox 64 3D (700)
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (600)
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 01, 2015, 09:00:31 PM

Spent this morning bouncing between Bayonetta 2 and the new Super Mario World game.

I knew I'd love Bayonetta, as nothing else matches the sheer insanity it brings to the table.  However, I'm about to say something I haven't said in over 20 years...this Mario game is really damn fun.   I'm actually quite shocked at how much I'm enjoying it. 

I'm not sure from this context whether you're playing New Super Mario Bros. for Wii U which is structured very much like the original Super Mario World on SNES, or Super Mario 3D World which actually has "World" in the title.  Whichever one it is, though, you should definitely play the other when you're done -- they're both stupendous games!

And don't forget to play some Nintendoland with MrsGratch and Little B!  Some of those multiplayer games are tons of fun!

-Autistic Angel[/i]
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 02, 2015, 07:00:15 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on February 02, 2015, 06:28:58 PM

Quote from: Gratch on February 01, 2015, 09:00:31 PM

Spent this morning bouncing between Bayonetta 2 and the new Super Mario World game.

I knew I'd love Bayonetta, as nothing else matches the sheer insanity it brings to the table.  However, I'm about to say something I haven't said in over 20 years...this Mario game is really damn fun.   I'm actually quite shocked at how much I'm enjoying it. 

I'm not sure from this context whether you're playing New Super Mario Bros. for Wii U which is structured very much like the original Super Mario World on SNES, or Super Mario 3D World which actually has "World" in the title.  Whichever one it is, though, you should definitely play the other when you're done -- they're both stupendous games!

And don't forget to play some Nintendoland with MrsGratch and Little B!  Some of those multiplayer games are tons of fun!

-Autistic Angel[/i]
Super Mario 3D World.

I came to a realization yesterday as Little B 5.11 watched me playing.  She's watched me play plenty of games before, but I've never seen her as absolutely enthralled as she was while watching Mario.  The giggles, squeals, and "WATCH OUT DADDY!" were expressions of pure joy.  Regardless of how much I personally may or may not enjoy their games, Nintendo has an incredible ability to perfectly strike that "fun" nerve with kids.  So while this grumpy old cynical gamer may only end up spending time with a few games on Wii U, I'm certainly glad I got one for her to enjoy.

Now I just need to get a Mario Kart game...  smile

Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot that was included.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 02, 2015, 09:51:18 PM »

If you're looking for a game that's fun to play and fun for children to watch, I'd recommend LEGO City Undercover.  It's also one of the games that makes the best use of the gamepad.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: February 02, 2015, 10:06:59 PM »

I'd imagine Pikmin 3 might be another great one for the kids to watch.  It's a fun game either way.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 06, 2015, 05:29:32 AM »

Introducing my young kids to gaming through the Wii U has been some of the most fun I've had playing video games.  A lot of the games have local co-op, which seems to be a dying a concept.  It's just fun gaming...like the experience I had as a kid and teenager playing NES and SNES games.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 08, 2015, 04:38:09 AM »

I have to have a Wii-mote to run backwards compatible Wii games?  Bah.   I get it for games that have motion controls, but I just wanted to play The Last Story tonight.   icon_cry

While I enjoyed Super Mario 3D World, I pretty much hit my platforming skill limit around World 5.  After losing 15 lives on the gorram trapeze level, I remembered why I never really cared for Mario that much.  smile

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: February 08, 2015, 05:50:45 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 08, 2015, 04:38:09 AM

While I enjoyed Super Mario 3D World, I pretty much hit my platforming skill limit around World 5.  After losing 15 lives on the gorram trapeze level, I remembered why I never really cared for Mario that much.  smile
If you haven’t, try using Peach, it makes the game the game a whole lot easier as you get a little hover move.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 11, 2015, 05:18:27 AM »

I just had a major gaming breakthrough.  In all my years as an avid gamer, I've never actually finished a Mario game...until tonight.   ninja

Super Mario 3D World was an absolute blast.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 31, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »

Splatoon "just played" on gametrailers.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 06, 2015, 02:29:51 PM »

Well he is bit bitter....Angry Joe is done reviewing/discussing Nintendo stuff.

Bigtime YouTuber says enough is enough; he won't do any more Nintendo videos

Recently, Nintendo implemented the beta version of a "Creator's Program" with tight guidelines on how Let's Play videos of its games can be broadcast. While YouTubers can still realize ad revenue under the program, Nintendo takes a 40 percent cut of it.

Rather foul mouthed (although AngryJoe is often profane) video about it.

Here is his angry rant

I now nothing about this until now but I will say from what I know it is stupid.  While companies don't see any direct revenue from Let's Play videos they certainly reap huge benefits from good press and hype about their game.  I think it is a bit more about Nintendo doing very poorly in this generation so they are scrambling for ways to milk money.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 06, 2015, 03:20:08 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on April 06, 2015, 02:29:51 PM

Well he is bit bitter....Angry Joe is done reviewing/discussing Nintendo stuff.

Bigtime YouTuber says enough is enough; he won't do any more Nintendo videos

Recently, Nintendo implemented the beta version of a "Creator's Program" with tight guidelines on how Let's Play videos of its games can be broadcast. While YouTubers can still realize ad revenue under the program, Nintendo takes a 40 percent cut of it.

Rather foul mouthed (although AngryJoe is often profane) video about it.

Here is his angry rant

I now nothing about this until now but I will say from what I know it is stupid.  While companies don't see any direct revenue from Let's Play videos they certainly reap huge benefits from good press and hype about their game.  I think it is a bit more about Nintendo doing very poorly in this generation so they are scrambling for ways to milk money.

If this were any other company, I'd think that for sure.  It may still be true, of course.  Or at least part of the truth.

But I suspect for Nintendo, it's more about controlling their brand as they see it spiralling away from them.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 06, 2015, 03:33:01 PM »

Probably but I still think is a sign that Nintendo isn't getting how the market has changed with "Web 2.0"  This, their weird Nintendo ID when you want to transfer to a new system, etc.  kind of show they are behind the curve on this and I think it hurts them overall.

Glycerine

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 06, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »

Not a fan of AngryJoe, but I have to agree with him on this.  I suppose it's possible they are simply trying to control their brand, but the 40% revenue cut they get makes me think otherwise.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: April 06, 2015, 09:53:51 PM »

Nintendo doesn't know what the fuck they're doing anymore.

They've stopped FREE FUCKING ADVERTISING with people making Youtube videos. There's a reason why NOBODY ELSE cares if you make Let's Plays - again, it's free advertising!

Their Amiibos? They're absolute fucking retards with their utter inability to make more of the 'rare' figures. I gave them a pass with their first wave, but THEY FUCKING KNOW BETTER now and they STILL don't give a flying fuck. They could have SO much more money with people buying these little toys that they don't otherwise make at all (like say, action figures and such), but no, they give everybody the middle finger and would rather not make more.

Nintendo nowadays is so out in left field they have no idea what game they're playing anymore. It's really, really sad.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: April 06, 2015, 10:45:34 PM »

Oh, and more bullshit:

http://kotaku.com/if-you-wanted-to-grab-digital-code-for-a-copy-of-earthb-1696032072

"Digital Copies Of Earthbound (SNES) Have Somehow 'Sold Out' On Club Nintendo"

EDIT: Wow, I'm floored - they're back according to the link.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:22:05 AM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: April 07, 2015, 05:40:39 AM »

It's not like that would be the first time a digital store has run out of key codes.  That has happened numerous times to Steam, GMG, etc. and it has next to nothing to do with Nintendo being clueless.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 07, 2015, 12:39:48 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on April 06, 2015, 09:53:51 PM

They're absolute fucking retards with their utter inability to make more of the 'rare' figures.

At the risk of being "that guy", listen to Dr. Cox about the use of "retards".

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 07, 2015, 01:14:50 PM »

The Earthbound codes have been restocked.  This happens every so often, and it usually takes Nintendo a day or two to make the item available again.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: April 07, 2015, 04:09:41 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 07, 2015, 12:39:48 PM

Quote from: Destructor on April 06, 2015, 09:53:51 PM

They're absolute fucking retards with their utter inability to make more of the 'rare' figures.

At the risk of being "that guy", listen to Dr. Cox about the use of "retards".

Wait ... we can't call people with retardation "retards" because it's discriminatory and so it's either "Enabled" "disabled" "challenged" "gifted" etc... and the word can't simply be used to mean crazy, stupid or dumb?  Wait, who's going to speak up for the dumb people? That's a condition too, you know. slywink

In all seriousness, I think breaking the word retard from people with mental disabilities is probably the easier way to disconnect that than it is to bring awareness to every single person (ever) on the insensitivity of using a word that *used* to represent a part of the population.

I'm betting that 99% of all uses of retard, retarded, fucktard, etc have zero connection to someone facing these challenges.

Dumb, stupid, etc are all labels that at one point were used to describe someone with a condition that generally had no control of that. 

It'd be nice if everyone would simply not focus on the negative. And Destructor? Dude is on a Nintendorampage.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2015, 05:17:09 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 07, 2015, 04:09:41 PM

In all seriousness, I think breaking the word retard from people with mental disabilities is probably the easier way to disconnect that than it is to bring awareness to every single person (ever) on the insensitivity of using a word that *used* to represent a part of the population.

It's cool, I'm taking it back.  Tongue

It's just an awareness thing.  Unless it's brought to their attention at some point that it might be distasteful or disrespectful, the behavior doesn't change.  Same thing when people say "That's so gay" to describe something they don't like.  Do they mean disrespect towards homosexuals?  Probably not.  But it doesn't hurt to just give a quick "Hey, by the way..."

Or maybe I'm just overly sensitive because most of my job is selling diversity and inclusion training, and I just need to shut up.  That's entirely possible too.

/derail off
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:18:45 PM by Gratch » Logged

Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 08, 2015, 03:02:03 AM »

Back to the video from Joe. I found him calm and collected, which is the opposite of his angry rant videos (It's his descriptor not mine), laying out the problems with Nintendo's stance and the claims that others have that oppose his viewpoint. From his previous Nintendo video he was basically told from an NOA rep that they know it's not a smart policy but the Nintendo headquarters in Japan trumps them.

Really their entire attitude concerning their customers has been off for a while now.

As for me I have no intention to ever buy a Nintendo product now or ever again. To go further, at this point I would not mind if the company dies. Actually no strike that, I want the old guard to leave (If they are the problem). If the company dies I think the IP they hold would not be treated well. Except maybe Mario Party as that can only go up from the depths it has sunk to.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: