http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 09:58:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 22207 times)
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 22, 2014, 04:05:13 AM »

I keep my gamepad in the charging cradle when I'm not using it.  That helps keep it ready for play.  I do use the pro controllers more though.  You heard right, they last a long time on one charge.

The gamepad is really nice for off-tv play.  The other day one of my kids was playing DK Tropical Freeze on the gamepad, the other was playing DK Country on the 3DS, and I was watching recorded dvr shows on the tv.  Pretty cool. 
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 31, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »

I bought one of those $200 refurbished Wii U consoles and just received it and set it up last night. I had returned my previous Wii U because I was having network connection issues.

This console looks brand new and works flawlessly! I bought the digital versions of Mario World and Mario Kart 8, looking forward to some local multiplayer on both.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 31, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on July 22, 2014, 04:05:13 AM

I keep my gamepad in the charging cradle when I'm not using it.  That helps keep it ready for play.  I do use the pro controllers more though.  You heard right, they last a long time on one charge.

The gamepad is really nice for off-tv play.  The other day one of my kids was playing DK Tropical Freeze on the gamepad, the other was playing DK Country on the 3DS, and I was watching recorded dvr shows on the tv.  Pretty cool. 

You can also buy a new battery (from Nintendo, at least.  I don't remember if it's available elsewhere) that extends playtime on a charge for the gamepad.  This has made a big difference in longer play sessions for me.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »

It so happens that I ordered one of those extended batteries for the pad from Amazon. At the time I ordered it, the cost was $65. Now it's up to about $75. It looks like Nintendo no longer sells the extended battery themselves. I checked the website and could not find it. If it is discontinued, the prices on Amazon are going to get ridiculous, so if anyone is interested in getting one, now would be the time to get it.

This is the product page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZPU0E2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: July 31, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on July 31, 2014, 06:07:26 PM

It so happens that I ordered one of those extended batteries for the pad from Amazon. At the time I ordered it, the cost was $65. Now it's up to about $75. It looks like Nintendo no longer sells the extended battery themselves. I checked the website and could not find it. If it is discontinued, the prices on Amazon are going to get ridiculous, so if anyone is interested in getting one, now would be the time to get it.

This is the product page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZPU0E2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, I had looked around for the one on Nintendo's site a few weeks back and could no longer find it.  I'm not sure why they quit selling it but I don't think I'm willing to spend $75 on it, I figured $35 or maybe $40.  It looks like PlayAsia still has them on sale for $35 though.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: November 11, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »

So just a heads up, Best Buy is apparently having a ridiculous Black Friday deal on the WiiU this year.  With the number of great games releasing on the system lately it's a great time to jump in.

Best Buy is offering the Super Mario 3D World Wii U bundle that also includes Nintendo Land, as well as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Bros. for the low price of $360.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 11, 2014, 09:24:38 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on November 11, 2014, 08:41:26 PM

So just a heads up, Best Buy is apparently having a ridiculous Black Friday deal on the WiiU this year.  With the number of great games releasing on the system lately it's a great time to jump in.

Best Buy is offering the Super Mario 3D World Wii U bundle that also includes Nintendo Land, as well as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Smash Bros. for the low price of $360.

I would think there would be better deals, since that's only $50 less than it would cost to buy all those separately (and only $30 less if you have Gamers Club Unlocked).

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: