http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 08:20:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii Rumors  (Read 1823 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »

First and foremost know that these are rumors.

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=3607

That's for Driver: Parallel Lines coming to the Wii in March. Kinda not really a rumor. Hopefully they fix any issues from the original release.

These  have been translated from 2ch in Japan.

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=3693

1. From Software is developing a “Kingsfieldesque” first-person action-RPG on Wii (sounds like an Oblivion style title)
2. Fire Emblem for the Wii will include the original Path of Radiance as well as the sequel to the game
3. NiGHTS to come to the Wii
4. Square and Disney have agreed to place the next Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo systems
5. Sword of Legendia is a spinoff of the “Tales of” series and is the first game of the “Swords of” series

Let the rumormongering begin. First for me, I would'nt have even considered the Kingdom Hearts rumor as a possibility if not for two things. 1. Dragon Quest 9 on the DS and 2. Buena Vista games(Disney) making a comittment to the Wii console. Now I do entertain that there is a slight possibility of this happening. Especially if the Wii outsells the PS3 in Japan in 2007. If Nintendo were to secure a title like Kingdom Hearts, it would be a huge win for them. Bigger than Resident Evil was with the Cube.

As for NiGHTS, it seems we get a new rumor every week about this, but this one started from a release list published on a Japanese developers website and buried away in the list was NiGHTS for the Wii.

Hopefully we see that Kings Quest game, the Wii seems a perfect fit for a series like that. I also am encouraged that Path of Radiance will be on the next Fire Emblem disk. Hopefully that means the stories are connected. I have Path of Radiance for the Cube, but would rather not plug in the cube controller if I don't have to. Lastly, Sword of Legendia has been in the works for a while too. I believe it was originally going to be a Gamecube game. Good to know that it's still alive.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 02:53:40 PM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 03:08:52 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on January 06, 2007, 02:51:11 PM

I keep seeing this mentioned...what the heck is it?

Disney recently announced the creation of Fall Line Studios to, among other things, develop games for Wii and DS. KH could be a massive boon for Nintendo. I'm picturing KH titles for Wii and DS with interactivity between the systems. From what many have said, success of third party titles have been a problem on Nintendo platforms in the past but I can't help but think that titles like this and DQ IX could go a long way toward shaking that image.

Speaking of DQ and swords, I remain unsold on the upcoming Wii title....I just don't get enough of a sense of what it will actually play like.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »

i knew that square had announced seperate final fantasies for every system(wii gets FF:CC2)....but this would be great for the Wii having kingdom hearts 3..although the inbetween sequel.-chain of memories did appear on the GBA..but an actual full blown adventure...the keyblad being the wii-mote...this can only be cool...nothing less,hopefully sony will get pissed off and have an arguement with SE and SE pull FF from the ps3...okay,so i can dream

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 04:08:46 PM »

Square DID say on the record that they want to take their main franchises and branch them to different systems this time around, as they don't want to see any one console dominate the industry. I've been trying to figure out which franchise would go to the Wii, and I figured it'd be Dragon Quest. Since that's on the DS, and Final Fantasy is on the PS3, moving Kingdom Hearts to the Wii makes perfect sense.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »

I never picked up the Fire Emblem on the gamecube, so I would be pleased with that.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 04:33:09 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on January 06, 2007, 03:08:52 PM

Quote from: Tebunker on January 06, 2007, 02:51:11 PM

I keep seeing this mentioned...what the heck is it?

Nights into Dreams was a Sega game on the Saturn and is considered a classic that had the misfortune to be on the wrong system.  Since then there are constantly rumors about possible sequels and remakes. 

As for the KH rumor- if true- then Nintendo should do everything in their power to get their characters included in it.  FF, Disney, *and* Nintendo characters and worlds would probably make it the biggest game of the franchise. 
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 05:50:08 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on January 06, 2007, 04:08:46 PM

Square DID say on the record that they want to take their main franchises and branch them to different systems this time around, as they don't want to see any one console dominate the industry.

Were that true, I would expect them to do simultaneous releases for their games, rather than creating separate exclusives for each console.  It's kind of annoying, really: I'm following Square and their series, not the platform.  It seems as though Square is the rope in the console's game of tug-o-war.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 08:04:21 PM »

Ah, if only there were a rumor for an Eternal Darkness (w)II.

(I know, they won't ever make a sequel, but I can dream can't I?)

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 08:33:43 PM »

Quote from: JCC on January 06, 2007, 08:04:21 PM

Ah, if only there were a rumor for an Eternal Darkness (w)II.

(I know, they won't ever make a sequel, but I can dream can't I?)

I would love it too, but I don't think it sold enough frown
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »

Hmmm...they could do something like the ill-fated Majestic...have the game send you emails and stuff based on how far you progress.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 10:55:33 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 06, 2007, 08:33:43 PM

I would love it too, but I don't think it sold enough frown

Yeah I think ED bombed. I wonder what its final #'s were since it was pretty much around for the life of the console. That was my favorite game of the last gen. I've won it 5 times! smile

I think it was lame of Nintendo to make SK remake a MGS game. Let SK make whatever they want. No wonder they fled for M$. (though there were other reasons)

-John

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 12:48:02 AM »

Quote from: JCC on January 06, 2007, 10:55:33 PM

I think it was lame of Nintendo to make SK remake a MGS game. Let SK make whatever they want. No wonder they fled for M$. (though there were other reasons)

Maybe you've heard different but I wasn't under the impression that Nintendo "made" SK make TTS.  As I undersand it Nintendo did bring it to SK and ask if they wanted to develop it and Denis Dyak, who evidently is a big Kojima fan, jumped at the chance to do it since MGS was one of this favorite games and it would offer the opportunity to work with Kojima. 

BTW, Eternal Darkness ended up doing a bit over 300k I believe.  Which is actually quite respectable considering how awful it did on initial release.  Nintendo really knows how to sell a title for long period of time. Starfox Adventures is another that did really well over the long term even though initial sales were soft.

Doubt we'll see an ED sequel though. 
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 03:29:57 AM »

Oh well, since it was SK's last Nintendo game I figured there may have been some acrimony about it, but I guess my assumption was wrong. I know that SK has listed other reasons for leaving. I hope that the Wii is successful enough for SK to consider devloping something for it.... and I hope it's ED 2! (even if I know it won't happen!)   Tongue

-John

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 06:33:02 AM »

In an interview Denis Dyack said that SK definitely plans to make a sequel to ED, but who knows if that will ever come to pass.  As for Kingdom Hearts, I read an article where SE confirmed KH3 and it mentioned PS3, but that could have just been a guess on the author's part.  The article said that KH3 will be announced in summer, so I guess we'll find out then.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 06:38:53 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on January 07, 2007, 06:33:02 AM

In an interview Denis Dyack said that SK definitely plans to make a sequel to ED, but who knows if that will ever come to pass.  As for Kingdom Hearts, I read an article where SE confirmed KH3 and it mentioned PS3, but that could have just been a guess on the author's part.  The article said that KH3 will be announced in summer, so I guess we'll find out then.

I think that anyone writing about Square's bigger games just assume they will be on Sony's next system. So this summer will be interesting, especially if they announce the title for another platform.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Orpheo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 07:21:12 PM »

Wii Fire Emblem is a direct sequel to Path of Radiance.  It takes place some time later and the protagonist is Sothe, the thief kid that nobody uses in PoR.  Kind of odd, but hey, it's Fire Emblem.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 08:49:36 AM »

whats the difference between squares bigger games and lesser known games...name some

i cant really think of any lesser known ones ...the titles i can think of would be their bigger games,final fantasy,kingdom hearts ,dragon quest

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 08, 2007, 08:49:36 AM

whats the difference between squares bigger games and lesser known games...name some

i cant really think of any lesser known ones ...the titles i can think of would be their bigger games,final fantasy,kingdom hearts ,dragon quest

Lesser known:

SaGa series- Romancing, Unlimited, etc
Valkyrie Profile
Einhander
Slipheed
Radiata Stories
Star Ocean

And even in there main series, games like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronices or FFXI aren't considered "majors".  For example, no one would equate Nintendo getting FF:CC on the Wii or 360 getting FFXI with PS3 getting FF13. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 09:07:13 PM »

i played unlimited saga,and thought it was one of the worse games ever....to know that there was a sequel or prequel...ouch

and i have star ocean...decent game

didnt know the others were square enix...did they come along with enix?

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 08, 2007, 09:07:13 PM

didnt know the others were square enix...did they come along with enix?

Valkyrie Profile and Radiata Stories (along with Star Ocean) are from Tri-Ace which is an Enix developer. 

Slipheed and Einhander are Square. 
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 09:17:07 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 08, 2007, 01:59:04 PM

Lesser known:

Valkyrie Profile
Einhander
Slipheed
Radiata Stories
Star Ocean

And even in there main series, games like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronices or FFXI aren't considered "majors".  For example, no one would equate Nintendo getting FF:CC on the Wii or 360 getting FFXI with PS3 getting FF13. 

You also forgot (or are trying your best to forget) the "Mana" series, including Secret of Mana, Children of Mana and Dawn of Mana.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 09:29:05 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Mallon on January 08, 2007, 09:17:07 PM

You also forgot (or are trying your best to forget) the "Mana" series, including Secret of Mana, Children of Mana and Dawn of Mana.

Excellent point!  Not consciously repressing it though.  Secret of Mana is good fun (though I don't hold it in the esteem that many do) and I thought the generally disliked Sword of Mana was underrated.  I might pick up Children of Mana when it gets cheap since it sounds like a decent dungeon crawler as long as you don't expect anything more.  Sounds like Dawn of Mana is a stinker though. 

I really wish Square would either officially translate Seiken Denetsu 3 (the unreleased in the US sequel to Secret of Mana) for the VC or just license the fansub that's already out there.  I toyed with the fansubbed emulated version a while back and was really, really impressed. 
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 11:57:49 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 08, 2007, 09:12:01 PM

When the heck did Square get the Silpheed license? Sierra owned the name way back when, and Working Designs (may the Gaming Gods bless their soul) got the rights for a PS2 translation WAY back when the console launched in the US.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 01:27:55 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 08, 2007, 11:57:49 PM

When the heck did Square get the Silpheed license? Sierra owned the name way back when, and Working Designs (may the Gaming Gods bless their soul) got the rights for a PS2 translation WAY back when the console launched in the US.

Hmm, not sure, but they released Project Slipheed in Japan last year for the 360. 
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 03:42:46 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 09, 2007, 01:27:55 AM

Hmm, not sure, but they released Project Slipheed in Japan last year for the 360. 

It must be called something just a bit different as GameFAQs doesn't list anything under that name (but it does show the PC, Sega CD, and PS2 versions). But now that you mention the name, it does sound familiar...

Ahha - it's also known as Project Sylph, or AKA Project Silpheed.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 04:41:38 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 09, 2007, 03:42:46 AM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 09, 2007, 01:27:55 AM

It must be called something just a bit different as GameFAQs doesn't list anything under that name (but it does show the PC, Sega CD, and PS2 versions). But now that you mention the name, it does sound familiar...

Ahha - it's also known as Project Sylph, or AKA Project Silpheed.

Ah, yeah that's it Project Sylpheed
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 12:37:16 PM »

Children of Mana is a lite hack-n-slash which is good fun for a while. There's also the upcoming Heroes of mana on DS which is more of an RTS I think.

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 08, 2007, 09:29:05 PM

Excellent point!  Not consciously repressing it though.  Secret of Mana is good fun (though I don't hold it in the esteem that many do) and I thought the generally disliked Sword of Mana was underrated.  I might pick up Children of Mana when it gets cheap since it sounds like a decent dungeon crawler as long as you don't expect anything more.  Sounds like Dawn of Mana is a stinker though. 

I really wish Square would either officially translate Seiken Denetsu 3 (the unreleased in the US sequel to Secret of Mana) for the VC or just license the fansub that's already out there.  I toyed with the fansubbed emulated version a while back and was really, really impressed. 

godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 01:03:54 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 08, 2007, 01:59:04 PM

Lesser known:

Valkyrie Profile
Einhander
Slipheed
Radiata Stories
Star Ocean

As well as ChronoTrigger and ChronoCross smile.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 01:48:48 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on January 09, 2007, 01:03:54 PM

As well as ChronoTrigger and ChronoCross smile.

Those were deliberately omitted.  They are in kind of weird nether realm- they both sold very well and a lot more than their "lesser" titles but also failed to come close to the sales that their "majors" get.   Since we haven't seen a game in the series since 2000, I don't even really consider it one of their current properties. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: