http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 02:35:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii preorder = 10/13! (now with expected availability numbers)  (Read 3325 times)
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 03:41:24 PM »

Quote from: AgtFox on October 12, 2006, 03:25:41 PM

For those that plan on pre-ordering the Wii tomorrow (or standing in line to get one on release), what games outside of Zelda will you be picking up for it?  What else that's enticing is out there?  Thanks much.

Right now I am thinking about getting Red Steel and maybe excite truck if the reviews are good for it. I have Zelda and Red Steel reserved and I will read reviews and get impressions off this board before buying more games.
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 04:30:29 PM »

I'm actually looking forward to Red Steel.  I don't know why it gets so much hate.

Also, Rayman looks hilarious.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »

For those that plan on pre-ordering the Wii tomorrow (or standing in line to get one on release), what games outside of Zelda will you be picking up for it?  What else that's enticing is out there?  Thanks much.

Red Steel and more than likely that medical/Operation type game whose name I can't remember at the moment. It came out on the DS and for whatever reason I didn't get it.

And Gamestop/EB are sending out the e-mails now about Wii preorders (and PS3/Wii preorders if you're in Canada), so everybody is gonna know about this very soon.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006, 04:56:34 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 12, 2006, 04:36:04 PM

Red Steel and more than likely that medical/Operation type game whose name I can't remember at the moment. It came out on the DS and for whatever reason I didn't get it.
Trauma Center

With the new character art and unless I'm mistaken, adjustable difficulty level, this would be high on my shopping list if I hadn't played the DS version.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 05:26:07 PM »

Still trying to narrow down between Tony Hawk, Excite Truck, Super Monkey Ball, Red Steel, and Rayman, besides Zelda of course.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2006, 05:59:28 PM »

Yeah, I should have put Red Steel on my list but that one is definitely going to be based on reviews and impressions.  In theory it sounds great but they really need to get that control scheme nailed.

Also, isn't there a new Sonic game coming that is Wii-exclusive?  If that one turns out better than the horrid PS3/360 Sonic then I might be interested in it too. 
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2006, 06:37:45 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 12, 2006, 05:59:28 PM

Also, isn't there a new Sonic game coming that is Wii-exclusive?  If that one turns out better than the horrid PS3/360 Sonic then I might be interested in it too. 

There is, but I don't think it is a launch title.  I could be wrong, though.  It might be a launch windows title, though.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2006, 08:16:18 PM »

Just saw this in my dump email account

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2006, 08:36:12 PM »

I havent given Rayman much thought but I might have to look into it. my one issue is money at the moment. I sold my 360 to go on vacation a while back and I am about to buy a new one to play Gears of War and after buying a PS3 and a Wii and multiple games I dont know how many more launch games I can get. I might sell my PS3 when I get it unless there is a must have launch game but i will use that money to finance my Christmas. There are too many must haves coming out this November :icon_sad:
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2006, 11:01:26 PM »

And I have a rough guess as to the number of units available for the Wii preorder:

My store (one of many here in Arizona) got in 8 (well, 6, as 2 were held for employees) PS3 units.

They're getting in 14 Wii units. Now, this number might be 16 (based on how employees could hold 2), but I can't confirm that. I do know how many units they'll have though.

So...this might mean that since my store was a low PS3 store, the 14/16 units is the low number for the Wii. The high number might be twice that (like the PS3 was), but I don't know for sure.

I do know that 14 is the magic number though for my place.

See you all in line tomorrow. I just don't know how early I'll go.

EDIT: From my friend across the country, apparently they outright told my friend (which they aren't supposed to do) they're getting 36 Wii consoles. They don't have many EB/Gamestops in the area though, so that looks to be the high number.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:16:14 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2006, 11:54:53 PM »

I can't decide if I should tie up credit in a pre-order, I know I could eventually get it back if I Buy it elsewhere but I am waffling on having that somewhat security... I dunno, screw it, I'll wait it out like I did for the Cube and buy it at Costco.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 12:12:50 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 12, 2006, 11:01:26 PM

They're getting in 14 Wii units. Now, this number might be 16 (based on how employees could hold 2), but I can't confirm that. I do know how many units they'll have though.

That would probably make sense.  Since it looks like the Wii will be shipping a bit over double the PS3's number (1 million to 400k), approximately double the Wii reserves would fit.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 02:06:32 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on October 12, 2006, 11:01:26 PM

And I have a rough guess as to the number of units available for the Wii preorder:

My store (one of many here in Arizona) got in 8 (well, 6, as 2 were held for employees) PS3 units.

So...this might mean that since my store was a low PS3 store, the 14/16 units is the low number for the Wii. The high number might be twice that (like the PS3 was), but I don't know for sure.

I do know that 14 is the magic number though for my place.

See you all in line tomorrow. I just don't know how early I'll go.

EDIT: From my friend across the country, apparently they outright told my friend (which they aren't supposed to do) they're getting 36 Wii consoles. They don't have many EB/Gamestops in the area though, so that looks to be the high number.

Hey destructor you live in Arizona?

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 04:05:56 PM »

I preordered this morning. THey wouldnt tell me what number I was... so we shall see. Im sure I will get one before xmas... Im ignoring the ps3.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 04:21:23 PM »

I went this morning and I was #7 out of 8 total they allowed to preorder. there were 30-40 people in line by the time it opened. I know for a fact that they had atleast 4 employee preorders and 3 "special customers" who had their preorders done without waiting in line since I know one of the special customers so they had to have atleast 15 but over half were unavailable to people who waited in line. Last night I was told they had 11 left after the 3 special customers and 4 employees so I am thinking they reserved and extra 3 to hook up more friends. When I waited for the PS3 there were maybe 13 people there when it opened but I think more people heard about the Wii preorder.

I was #1 of 7 for the PS3 and #7 of 8 for the Wii.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2006, 04:31:53 PM »

Got mine preordered this morning from Gamestop. My store had an allotment of 18 and there were actually more than that in line. I was 7th.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2006, 04:49:01 PM »

I have a feeling that Nintendo is holding back on launch numbers.
Note I have absolutely zero evidence to support this, just a hunch.
I'm thinking they'll ship more Wiis than Sony does PS3s, yet still sell out at most retailers overnight.
Then they turn around and do a major restock the following week by Thanksgiving so that when people
come in to do their Christmas shopping that weekend they'll have Wiis and 360s to pick from.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2006, 05:44:19 PM »

I made the decision to get the machine from Costco or some other retailer at launch. I did drive by the local GS and saw about 12 folks hanging out around 9:30 or so waiting for them to open. I still don't think we'll have any issues getting one without a preorder, and I don't want GS to make any money off me by investing my preorder money.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2006, 06:45:33 PM »

Quote from: HankRaptor on October 13, 2006, 04:05:56 PM

I preordered this morning. THey wouldnt tell me what number I was... so we shall see. Im sure I will get one before xmas... Im ignoring the ps3.

If they let you preorder you got one of the ones they had available. They would not allow people to preorder for a 'second list' or whatnot.

As for me - yup, I got a preorder in. That, 3 games (not including the one it comes with), and the Retro Controller. I'm happy.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2006, 07:02:20 PM »

Pre order in for console, 2 games and one extra nunchuck combo.  They wouldn't let me pre order the component cables, though.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: