http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 10:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii Music  (Read 1113 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:49:29 PM »

So, this comes out next week (I think).  I was kind of hoping it would be lame, so I wouldn't have to get it.  Apparently not.  1Up slapped it with an A-.

Wii Music may have a hard time winning over the skeptics who just want to laugh at it, but give the game the chance it deserves. You just might realize it's pretty damn fun being in on the joke.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:08:22 AM »

I'm looking forward to this. Seeing the latest preview from IGN has me thinking it won't be given a fair shake by critics, but the 1up score is a promising sign.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 05:42:16 AM »

I wouldn't touch this "game" with someone else's Wii. The whole thing seems half baked and stupid. I'd possibly feel better if more effort was put into the track list, a little lighter on the public domain and more on the actual music that'd be fun to look silly playing. It seems like classic Nintendo cheapness. The only advice I can give is to wait for the inevitable deluge of returns or trade ins of this and pick it up on the cheap.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 10:49:57 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on October 18, 2008, 05:42:16 AM

I wouldn't touch this "game" with someone else's Wii. The whole thing seems half baked and stupid. I'd possibly feel better if more effort was put into the track list, a little lighter on the public domain and more on the actual music that'd be fun to look silly playing. It seems like classic Nintendo cheapness. The only advice I can give is to wait for the inevitable deluge of returns or trade ins of this and pick it up on the cheap.

Yeesh, did Nintendo kill your dog?
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 01:15:38 PM »

Read this:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/10/17/how-wii-music-works-as-a-game/

Not sure it will change your mind, per se, but I think you at least won't sound angry anymore.  I just think you might be missing the point of the game.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »

Is that Charlie Brown sandwiched between Hitler and Ben Stein?

Interesting write-up, but I'm not sold on this one yet, either.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 02:16:19 PM »

I wouldn't touch this "game" with someone else's Wii. The whole thing seems half baked and stupid.

That is what most of people said about Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, etc before they came out.
Guess what? They all turned out to be either great and sold millions or decent and still sold millions  nod

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »

I know I won't be grabbing it. Too many other games that need playing instead of this so called 'game'.

My Wii will continue to sit unplayed since Smash Brothers.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »

Quote from: biggercup on October 18, 2008, 02:16:19 PM

I wouldn't touch this "game" with someone else's Wii. The whole thing seems half baked and stupid.

That is what most of people said about Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, etc before they came out.
Guess what? They all turned out to be either great and sold millions or decent and still sold millions  nod

Hmm, as a DS owner, Wii Owner, Animal Crossing owner, and Wii Fit owner I know. You're preaching to the choir there; I enjoy those games/systems and see their value. They didn't come across as half baked ideas. I never said this game wouldn't sell. In fact I expect it to sell hojillions of copies. I just don't see the value in the software. I do not see this being worth $50. Look, the MTV blog write up makes it seem more interesting, the 1up.com review gave some insight, and the IGN review is a good counter point. I would've liked to see two things added to this software, a skill mode that actually makes you have good rythym and timing etc. for those who want something more than just jamming out and making videos, and more music that's not from the public domain. People get upset over the poor value of "horse armor" downloads, and those same people should be peeved that Nintendo is selling you a music game with public domain music on it and barely anything relevant in terms of songs.

Also, as a supporter of Nintendo I expect more from them. I'm kinda bugged that we are getting Wii Music but we're not getting Disaster Day of Crisis, while Europe and Japan get both. I want to see a better effort all around.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:04:54 PM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »

This will sell like hotcakes.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: