http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 01:04:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii-less than a week for me  (Read 624 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2006, 09:03:05 AM »

this coming friday,sees the launch of the Wii in Britain...and apparently(still according to the shop)i have been succesful in getting one on launch day...but the same thing was said about the 360 and it was 2 weeks after launch that i was able to get my hands on one

so,does anyone have any advice,for the Wii......i heard there are or were problems with updateing ...is there a way round that?

has anyone else had the strap breaking off on them on the wii-mote?

and zelda will be the game i get as well....how is that holding up?...anyone finished it yet?

and one more thing...what memory does it have?...someone said a SD card,similar to the PSP..is that true?....arent they expensive?..does it have any internal memory?

thanks for any replies,and if there is anything else you think i should know....please post(about the Wii that is....dont go posting sex tips or anything,LOL)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:11:34 AM »

I had huge problems updating it. Switched my router to channel 11, and everything worked great. Much faster. Just don't use channel 6.

No problems with the strap, I have never even come close to losing my grip on the remote, and I get pretty into tennis (I LOVE that game). I did come close to hitting my TV as I leaned forward in bowling once. Just set up a clear area where you can swing without worrying about hitting something.

Zelda is a great game. Very fun. The only must buy that I know of. I got Rayman, and while fun, it's nothing special IMO. I just like the shooting part in between the mini games.

The on board memory is good enough, for now. I have tons of room left with 3 game saves and one downloaded game. Don't worry about getting an SD card yet.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 03, 2006, 09:03:05 AM

dont go posting sex tips or anything,LOL)

There's this thing you can do with the wii-mote and nunchuck...

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 02:24:52 PM »

Quote from: Lee on December 03, 2006, 09:11:34 AM

Don't worry about getting an SD card yet.

And if you do decide to buy one, don't get one at the local game stores. Total rip off.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 05:35:48 PM »

One more thing, if you need component cables, order them from Nitendo right away. Took about 2 weeks to get mine directly from them. (Assuming that they are doing the same badly planned launch in Europe that they did in NA.)
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 06:11:26 PM »

Quote from: Lee on December 03, 2006, 09:11:34 AM

I had huge problems updating it. Switched my router to channel 11, and everything worked great. Much faster. Just don't use channel 6.

Almost everything is initially set to channel 6.  It's the default for almost every wireless router, then you throw in wireless phones and bluetooth devices.  That bandwidth is getting pretty clogged.

One thing which is great is an application like NetStumbler which will produce a detailed site survey.  You look at it, see what everyone else is using, and pick the least congested channel.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:13:10 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 06:58:25 PM »

I switched my router to run on channel 9 or 11 and it works great. All the other garbarge dissapeared and the signal strength definitely was stronger from 2 rooms over than it was prior.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 07:05:55 PM »

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: