http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 11:31:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii Fit - I am so weak  (Read 7508 times)
Zaxxon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2008, 08:58:13 PM »

Yeah, the balance board pushup/plank workout is definitely harder than 'normal' floor pushups.  I can pump out 40ish without any trouble, but even at 6 on that workout, I feel it at least a little bit.  Part of that is the balance board changing my hand position, part is that it's slower, and part is that planks suck.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2008, 01:31:03 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on May 20, 2008, 02:16:46 PM

I don't see how I am missing the point considering how the previous 8 posts have been about exercise.  I obviously can't contribute anything more to this thread so I'll revisit it in a couple of weeks and see what people's thoughts are then.

I don't think Wii Fit is going to revolutionize exercising, but one of the things it does is kind of trick you into moving around a little and as someone else said, for some, moving around a little is more than none at all.

While it may not take off the pounds or make you healthier, I can see it contributing to it.  For example, I walked 2 miles today for the first time in I don't know when.  Being able to SEE your progress on Wii Fit actually makes me want to walk again tomorrow.  Maybe it will wind up being a $90 electronic scale with a few mini games for me, but  to me it's worth that much.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »

Worked out for another 30 Wii minutes last night LOL.

Did the body test before I started and had lost .7 lbs from the day before  icon_biggrin  Then my Wii age thing said I went up from a Wii age of 44 to 56 LOL.

I know your weight varies through the day so .7 is nothing but keeping track and testing everyday does help give me motivation.

Can't wait to do another 30 minutes tonight and another body test.

Maybe we should setup a Wii Fit Monitoring post LOL.

Regards,
Pig
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2008, 01:55:38 AM »

Broke out Wii Fit this afternoon with my four-year-old daughter and six-year-old son. We set up accounts for all three of us, then mostly messed around with the balance games for an hour or so.

Some impresssions...

My son said, "It was fun. Not as fun as other games, but it was ok." My daughter had less fun. The precision of balancing for my daughter was tricky, but she was in a tired, grumpy mood all day, so that might have something to do with it. We'll try again over the weekend. Overall, I thought they would like WiiFit more than they did. Result: disappointed.

The profile set up stuff is kind of cool, but the BMI is based on a simple weight to height ratio, which in my case has never made sense. I've got quite heavy muscle mass from a lifetime of sports, so even when I was doing competitive triathlons, I'd be listed as obese on those scales. Useless for me. But if the scale is accurate, that element will be useful, and it's nice to be able to track your weight. Result: disappointed with BMI, pleased with the weight tracking.

The balance games were ok, but at this point in time if I never played them again, I don't feel like I'd be missing much. They're only about a minute long, and I can't imagine you burn more calories than you'd do farting. Result: disappointed.

Which brings me to another point that others have mentioned. It's annoying to do one simple exercise, then have to finish and select another. These exercises are short, and there is zero momentum in a workout. Result: disappointed.

Even worse was with three users today taking turns. I'd give the kids two turns, then we'd have to back out to the main screen, log-in as another user, then go all the way to the exercises again. Too much time spent switching between accounts for these exercises. Maybe I just missed this, but there should be away to switch profiles more easily. Result: very disappointed.

We tried the jogging as well, and that was the only thing that I saw that resembled a way to burn calories. The key point here however, is that the jogging doesn't use the WiiFit board. Which brings me to a realization. The WiiFit is a balancing sensor, and I just don't see how energy someone can burn shifting their posture from side to side repeatedly. I've gotten much much better workouts from Wii Boxing and Wii Tennis. To a degree, I had very low expectations that WiiFit could actually provide me with a workout, but I was hoping that perhaps one or two of the mini-games could make for a decent workout alternative. After today, however, with the short game times, constant stopping to choose another game, and relative inability for the WiiFit balancing scale to deliver aerobic exercise, I can't see a way I can get any sort of a decent aerobic exercise from WiiFit. This too is disappointing.

I kind of suspected all this coming into the purchase and ending up buying WiiFit for my wife, who is much more sedentary. I have a hunch this thing may be perfect for her. Others have hinted at this in this thread, but from what I can see WiiFit looks perfect for people who are looking for a gradual, fun, and casual introduction to getting in shape. The disappointment I have at the moment is that outside of weight tracking, it seems mostly useless for someone in moderately good condition.

I realize there are tons more things to unlock, and my impressions may change as I move forward and try the yoga and other training areas, but at the moment if I were to draw conclusions only on our experiences today, I would be trading this away. I suspected this coming in, however, and the litmus test for this thing is how much my wife ends up using it.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 02:29:40 AM by Godzilla Blitz » Logged

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2008, 02:28:29 AM »

I can understand your disappointment, but I never really expected a hardcore aerobic workout from Wii Fit.  Being based around the balance board it's more about the yoga, balance core strength and coordination to me.  There are still the step routines and such that can give an aerobic workout.

I believe there is also an "advanced" boxing thing to unlock that uses the remotes as well as the balance board, so that should be as good or better workout than regular Wii Sports boxing. 

My impressions so far is that it is about what I expected: not the second coming in any sense, but it might be good for  improving my balance and coordination while having some fun. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »

I hate sounding like a fan boy, because I am not, I think it could be a lot more than it is. But I am not sure what people were really hoping for.

The balance games are not exercise. Not at all. They are balance games. Not quite sure why people are expecting them to be. I play them as breaks between other stuff. I think some of them are kind of fun.

Yoga, kind of a work out. It's stretching and toning. You aren't going to get sweaty, or build up your heart rate, thats not the point of yoga. Some of the poses are hard, and you can feel it.

Strength training exercises do give you a work out. Push-ups, jack knifes, planks, lunges, etc. Yeah they start off slow, but if you want to do more reps than it initially starts with, its as simple as hitting continue and you can do them again. Also it doesn't take much to build up the reps in game, just do them a few times.

Aerobics are too short to really make a difference so far. I do work up a sweat doing them, and it doesn't take a long time to go from one to the next. I get a drink of water during the brief time switching. But I work up a sweat doing them, and I am not in bad shape. It's about how much effort you put into it.

It doesn't make exercise fun. It is not a family game other than comparing results and trying to out do other peoples scores. The balance games are quick little time wasters, fun in a way, but I wouldn't boot it up just to play them. It does provide some motivation for me to keep track of my weight and how much I am doing other than sitting on the couch.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:51:50 AM by Lee » Logged
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2008, 07:11:40 AM »

Reflecting on a comment my wife made about the game. It would have been 100x better if they had put in a work out schedule. Rather than you randomly choosing these small games, if they had given a regime option or similar where it would expect you to log in and had planned your 1/2 hour or whatever time fitness areas I suspect the wife at the least would still be playing it.

I think the weight tracking is excellent and if we're to be honest that isn't bad for a pair of scales that has all that functionality - although a friend did wonder whether scales on a carpet was actually that accurate?

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2008, 03:12:25 PM »

Quote from: Tals on May 24, 2008, 07:11:40 AM

although a friend did wonder whether scales on a carpet was actually that accurate?

Tals

There are little extenders you can put on the board if you have carpet so that it isn't touching the carpet (well other than the extender).

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2008, 03:51:47 PM »

Quote from: Tals
Reflecting on a comment my wife made about the game. It would have been 100x better if they had put in a work out schedule. Rather than you randomly choosing these small games, if they had given a regime option or similar where it would expect you to log in and had planned your 1/2 hour or whatever time fitness areas I suspect the wife at the least would still be playing it.

This past Monday, I passed my 500th workout in Yourself! Fitness for the X-Box.  It tracks my weight and performance which it organizes into a line graph to show progress over time, has a workout schedule -- my current routine is 30-minutes every morning, six days a week -- and includes dozens of different exercises so no two workouts are exactly the same.

Some people I know seem to think it's amusing or silly that I use a videogame system to workout.  My response is that, barring injury or illness, I've stuck with the program every day since 2006, steadily progressing to tougher sessions and heavier weights, and I'm very happy with the results.  (Although, in fairness, I still cannot properly do the rotated half-moon pose. icon_cry)

Yourself! Fitness appears to be completely compatible with the X-Box 360, so if you and your wife are interested in a good at-home fitness regimen, you may want to consider it.  As for me, I am very interested in trying out Wii Fit as an evening-time supplement to my morning routine with Y!F, but since I didn't put a pre-order in time, it may be a while before I can pick one up.

-Autistic Angel
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on May 24, 2008, 03:12:25 PM

although a friend did wonder whether scales on a carpet was actually that accurate?

Tals

There are little extenders you can put on the board if you have carpet so that it isn't touching the carpet (well other than the extender).

Comparing to my scale in our bathroom the board is pretty acurate and it is sitting on carpet.  One thing that did catch me off guard was when I went to do the push ups.  I started it up got off the board while it was loading and put my hands on the board.  The game stopped and said something about your weight has changed dramatically.  Please stand back on the board or did you want to continue?  Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

Wife and I didn't work out last night but will today and tomorrow.  Like I have said before I don't expect this thing to be the end all be all but if it can help the wife and I get into a routine of some sort of exercise then it is worth the $90.

Regards,
Pig
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2008, 04:15:30 PM »

Yourself Fitness looks pretty cool, and I always meant to buy it. I know MHS uses it and likes it [at least she used to].

For my Fit workout I go through all the yoga stuff first, then I pick and choose what strength stuff I want to do, not doing the harder ones two days in a row. Finally I do a mix of aerobic stuff, whatever sounds like fun or that I have unlocked new stuff for. I do balance stuff just for kicks when I want a break from the other stuff.

I had lost 3 since day 1 (I always do the weigh in first thing in the morning), and then today, day 4, I gained it back. It asked why. I went out for lunch yesterday and had a very fattening sandwich, fries, and a beer, and then had a very late dinner. I figured it was going to screw me up, and I was right. It really is a motivator seeing the bar graph of you BMI and weight. I have started to become more conscience about what I eat/do thanks to Fit.

My verdict after 4 days, is that it's ok. They could have done so much more with it, and that's disappointing, but I am enjoying what it does do. But again, it is exercise, and I wouldn't call it fun.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2008, 05:10:45 PM »

+1, and then I was going to mention Yourself Fitness, but Autistic Angel has already done that.

As for expectations, I wasn't expecting to get a solid workout from this, but I was expecting to get some sort of continuous movement. All the pressing "retry", "quit", and then switching to a new one- or two-minute activity breaks the flow of the experience, whether that is single-player or multi-player.

Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2008, 12:55:56 AM »

I've had this for a little over a week now.  In 9 days I've worked out 7 times and done the weigh in every day but one. 

I'm enjoying what Wii Fit brings to the table for me.  The daily weigh in is a big thing for me.  I've always dug charts and graphs.  It's made me make a few different diet decisions over the last couple of days, which is a big deal for me. 

As far as workouts are concerned.  I'm liking the Yoga stuff alot.  I've been doing all the one I've unlocked every other day and I might move up to doing those every day.  My balance has actually improved noticably since I've started and it wasn't bad to begin with.  For a couch potato like me, the strength exercises can be tough (especially the push ups) and I've had a little next day muscle soreness after a stronger workout. 

I feel like this game is doing me some good.  There are things that could be better, especially not relying on the Wii mote button pushing so much.

I'm pleased so far.
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2008, 07:29:28 AM »

Tried it along with a couple friends.  They did the weigh in and started joking that I was going to break it (I'm 223, he's 170 and she's 125).  They really laughed when my BMI was rated obese (I need to lose 40lbs to get back to when I looked my best).

I had the last laugh though on the the Wii Age calculation.  I have big legs from soccer as a child and hockey as an adult (and Germans were made for marching).  The balance tests were a snap for me since it was just a matter of shifting weight like in hockey.  The results:  Her real 40 years were a Wii 54.  His real 37 was a Wii 56.  My real 38 years was a Wii 36.  Scoreboard, baby!!  icon_cool

The games were fun.  The slalom skiing was a big hit with us.  I admit I was a bit sore the next day due to the over use of inactive muscles.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »

The only good use of Wii Fit.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »

Quote from: Biyobi on May 29, 2008, 07:29:28 AM

I had the last laugh though on the the Wii Age calculation.  I have big legs from soccer as a child and hockey as an adult (and Germans were made for marching).  The balance tests were a snap for me since it was just a matter of shifting weight like in hockey.  The results:  Her real 40 years were a Wii 54.  His real 37 was a Wii 56.  My real 38 years was a Wii 36.

The problem with the age calculation is it can wildly vary.  I tried it the first day and got a 31 to my real life 35.  I then tried it again the next day and got a 50.  I aged 19 years in one day?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2008, 02:29:31 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on May 29, 2008, 01:13:40 PM

Quote from: Biyobi on May 29, 2008, 07:29:28 AM

I had the last laugh though on the the Wii Age calculation.  I have big legs from soccer as a child and hockey as an adult (and Germans were made for marching).  The balance tests were a snap for me since it was just a matter of shifting weight like in hockey.  The results:  Her real 40 years were a Wii 54.  His real 37 was a Wii 56.  My real 38 years was a Wii 36.

The problem with the age calculation is it can wildly vary.  I tried it the first day and got a 31 to my real life 35.  I then tried it again the next day and got a 50.  I aged 19 years in one day?

I've also varied alot on the age test.  I'm 40 and I started with a Wii Fit age of 38.  It's been as low as 34 and as high as 44.

I only do the age test about every 3 days or so.

I've noticed the balance board dancing on my display screen and when I cursor over it, it says to take the ultimate balance test (or something like that).  Has anyone tried that?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2008, 09:43:26 PM »

I just started using this the other day.  Day one test, I was rated as obese and age 50something to my real age of 39 crybaby  I stunk pretty badly at a lot of the balance stuff (particularly the soccer one where all I did was get hit by shoes), and was kind of random at the others.  I missed 1 day and was berated when I came back, and then even more demoralized when it turned out I had gained 2.5 pounds and the Wii demanded to know why.  I love how they keep making you feel bad about yourself; they should call it Wii Self Esteem Destroyer.  Granted they do say nice things to you too even when you suck it up during an exercise, but if you have low self esteem, you will only remember the negative things  icon_lol

All that said, it's a pretty interesting program/package.  Sometimes I'm confused at how they do the actual scoring and what exactly is being measured in terms of your balance and center of gravity and such.  Very intriguing.  I'm not sure the overall package is fun enough to motivate my lazy ass, though. 

I really hope I will continue to use it on a regular basis.  I can definitely see some good coming from it, if only at the very least learning some good yoga stretches/poses.  I may never come close to meeting my goal of losing 20 pounds from this alone, but as many have mentioned, the key is to make sure I am doing something at least semi-active more often than not.
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2008, 02:38:39 AM »

3 days in and I think its great.

I really can't see anyone getting fit with Wii Fit unless they put in around an hour a day. But if you did put in that hour and mix it up with the right Wii Fit activities, I think one can get a pretty decent shape propably in about 10 weeks. I already run, bike, and elip about 1.5 hours a day. My plan is to use the Wii Fit as a type of virtual coach to monitor my weight etc.

BTW, I messed up on one body test yesterday and now my vitural age is 70 there was no comparable body test today so my family gets an extra day to laugh at me.

BTW2, I luv the yoga part - since I quit martial arts about 15 years ago,  I feel way to stiff and out of balance now a days.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2008, 01:12:17 AM »

Surprisingly, I actually found this for sale at Target tonight. My wife and I spent around 90 minutes total time with it tonight. I would say I like it, but find a lot of the balance games to be a bit hit or miss so far. Really liked the slalom and ski jump games the most out of the "games" so far. The hula hoop thing actually made me nauseous! The jogging thing was more entertaining than I thought. I do think this could be a nice tool to track progress towards overall weight loss gains which both my wife and I are interested in - particularly now that we are back from vacation where we drank and ate a lot for a week. Anyway, it's nothing mind blowing, but cool enough. I was impressed at how accurately it got our weight even on the carpet. We both broke quite a sweat tonight, although I would say that says as much or more about my air conditioner than our fitness.

Definitely overpriced.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2008, 05:56:39 AM »

I really can't see anyone getting fit with Wii Fit unless they put in around an hour a day.

Agreed and an hours jog or whatever fitness you do will no doubt be more benefit.

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »

One week in.

I haven't really loss any weight - maybe a pound
but the yoga and strength exercises are exactly what  I needed.

already my stomach feel a lot tighter and my running seems way more powerful as I'm finishing.

One of the first things I was going to do when I started earning that mil plus per year was to get me
a personal trainer that would be at my beckon call. Now that's off the list and I'll just upgrade to
a better personal cook and nutritionist.

See, gamers can live in the real word just like anyone else.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2008, 02:50:09 AM »

I've found the perfect use for Wii Fit for me: short work breaks. I had a bunch of paperwork to handle today and was working from home. After breakfast I set the Wii Fit in front of the TV, then every hour or so I'd take a short five- to ten-minute break and use the Wii Fit.

It was perfect. I worked through one set of each type of exercise, felt refreshed, and then went back to work. Broke up the pile of papers nicely. Ended up logging over an hour on the thing, and I can actually feel it in the legs a bit.

The wife tried it tonight as well and was pleased with it. We'll see if it sticks, but so far so good for her.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »

How big are the feet that you guys have?  I have wide feet, and my wife has rather big feet for a woman (size 12).  Is that going to be a problem?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2008, 04:56:54 PM »

Quote from: Graham on June 07, 2008, 10:42:44 PM

How big are the feet that you guys have?  I have wide feet, and my wife has rather big feet for a woman (size 12).  Is that going to be a problem?

My feet are size 11 and so wide they get stuck in shoe boxes but I have no problems with the Wii Fit.

I suppose if you had size 15 or 16 feet you might be hanging over the edges, but otherwise you should be good to go.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2008, 07:08:51 PM »

My feet are a large size 12 and quite wide (I usually get 12.5 E if I can), but don't have much of a problem with the balance board.  My toes stick out a little bit but it's not far and it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Also, a women's size 12 is not the same as a men's size 12, it's more like a 10.5. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:11:45 PM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2008, 05:13:02 AM »

The wife gives it a big thumbs up! She's used it three days in a row and seems to be enjoying it a lot.

The real test will be in a month or so, when we see if she still uses it.

And I'm liking it for short breaks, so I think we're leaning towards "Glad we got it".

D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2008, 05:58:13 AM »

My feet are normal (10) but my feet are wide. The balance board is based on the principle of two scales, therefore if your feet can fit on a bathroom scale, they can fit on the Wii balance board.
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2008, 06:44:07 AM »

I just found a new Wii Fit Forum, so if you are inclined check it out

Here: http://www.wiifitguide.com/boards/index.php

the guy also has a nice board (blog?)going
Here: http://wiifitguide.com/
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »

I was supposed to get this thing for Father's Day, but my wife could not find it anywhere.  Any leads on when new shipments might start trickling in?  Or where I can find it for the regular retail price?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2008, 05:50:24 PM »

I found it at Target a couple of weeks ago, but since then I haven't seen it. I read somewhere that the weak US dollar resulted in more shipments going to Europe than here.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2008, 06:29:35 PM »

Quote from: Tals on June 03, 2008, 05:56:39 AM

I really can't see anyone getting fit with Wii Fit unless they put in around an hour a day.

Agreed and an hours jog or whatever fitness you do will no doubt be more benefit.

Tals

Have to disagree:

I was sadly out of shape prior to Christmas, up to 202 at 5-9 after I badly pinched a nerve in my leg and back and was pretty much out of commission for most of the fall, to the point that slow walking was painful, forget anything qualified as "exercise". 

However, after feeling relatively good for a few weeks, I bought a Wii in February (bowling - yes, boxing - yes, tennis - sort of.  Baseball - dear god, someone ripped my arm off - not doing it).  Dropped about a couple pounds on Wii sports.  Finally got to the point where I could walk and not look like Frankenstein with a bad back, but running was out of the question still. 

Bought Wii Fit on day 1 and have been doing 30 minutes per day, missing a day or two here and there.  I am down to just under 193 and this is from doing nothing but Fit and Sports.  I can even do both the tennis and baseball events without pain.   icon_eek 

I'm finally in some kind of mediocre shape that I can get back to doing active things again (The bike just went in the shop for a tuneup after 9 months of no use, because I couldn't even get on it) and continue my transformation back to the real me from an amorphous blob - and not one minute spent on godawfulboringashell physical therapy. 

Now, I'm not claiming that it'll do a lot for someone who is in decent shape, but for someone like me, I have to say that the silly thing works.  I was skeptical, but at the heavy encouragement from mrs. AB, I tried it.  Darned if she wasn't right.  Smart lady she is  nod
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2008, 08:15:56 PM »

Quote from: Aliasbuck on June 22, 2008, 06:29:35 PM

Quote from: Tals on June 03, 2008, 05:56:39 AM

Tals

Have to disagree:

I was sadly out of shape prior to Christmas, up to 202 at 5-9 after I badly pinched a nerve in my leg and back and was pretty much out of commission for most of the fall, to the point that slow walking was painful, forget anything qualified as "exercise". 

However, after feeling relatively good for a few weeks, I bought a Wii in February (bowling - yes, boxing - yes, tennis - sort of.  Baseball - dear god, someone ripped my arm off - not doing it).  Dropped about a couple pounds on Wii sports.  Finally got to the point where I could walk and not look like Frankenstein with a bad back, but running was out of the question still. 

Bought Wii Fit on day 1 and have been doing 30 minutes per day, missing a day or two here and there.  I am down to just under 193 and this is from doing nothing but Fit and Sports.  I can even do both the tennis and baseball events without pain.   icon_eek 

I'm finally in some kind of mediocre shape that I can get back to doing active things again (The bike just went in the shop for a tuneup after 9 months of no use, because I couldn't even get on it) and continue my transformation back to the real me from an amorphous blob - and not one minute spent on godawfulboringashell physical therapy. 

Now, I'm not claiming that it'll do a lot for someone who is in decent shape, but for someone like me, I have to say that the silly thing works.  I was skeptical, but at the heavy encouragement from mrs. AB, I tried it.  Darned if she wasn't right.  Smart lady she is  nod

I'm also not in great shape, and I'm hoping it'll help me in the same way.

It seems that everyone here who denounces the thing is already doing plenty of other excersizing. 

Now if only I could find the damned thing...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2008, 01:49:55 AM »

FWIW, from someone who is already in good shape, Wii Fit can still be helpful.  The Yoga and strength stuff helps me strengthen muscles that aren't used very much in running, and they also help me improve my balance, which also improves my running and lowers risk of injury while running.  I'm convinced that anyone who's willing to actually put in some actual effort with Wii Fit will see some benefit.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: