http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 06:42:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are you getting a Wii on release  (Voting closed: September 18, 2006, 03:05:36 PM)
Yes.  250 not so bad - 33 (41.8%)
Yes, but I can wait - 19 (24.1%)
No! Screw Nintendo. 250 is too much - 19 (24.1%)
No, Not releasing with a game I want, But Nintendo is making a money!!! - 8 (10.1%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wii 250.00 In or Out  (Read 3073 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 04:26:24 AM »

What if Nintendo had tossed out Wii Sports and put Zelda in the box instead? How would $250 sound? $275 even? I'd be there, in a heartbeat. I don't care a shit about Wii Sports, and almost resent that I can't get a barebones console for $225 or so.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 12:40:45 PM »

Out.

Not because of the $250, but because I'd end up divorced if I added another gaming console to the house.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 12:58:28 PM »

At the least, I will wait for Costco to get it now.  No hurry. that stupid looking sports pack in is zero interest to me, and with that price point, I will need some leverage to convince me it is much better than GC.  So I will browse the Costco packages whenever they arrive there.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 01:04:15 PM »

Quote from: DonD on September 15, 2006, 12:40:45 PM

Out.

Not because of the $250, but because I'd end up divorced if I added another gaming console to the house.

This  is quote material!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 15, 2006, 12:58:28 PM

At the least, I will wait for Costco to get it now.  No hurry. that stupid looking sports pack in is zero interest to me, and with that price point, I will need some leverage to convince me it is much better than GC.  So I will browse the Costco packages whenever they arrive there.

I was actually sipping some of the Kobra's juice.  If the Wii came out at 179-200 price point I would be all over it

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
warning

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 01:29:10 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 15, 2006, 01:06:32 PM

I was actually sipping some of the Kobra's juice.

This is quote material!
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2006, 08:49:09 PM »

I voted out, costs way too much in Europe. XBox 360 is looking better every day.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2006, 09:05:34 PM »

I may have to change my vote to out for some reason or another.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

Out, for now.  While the system may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, there's simply no release games that interest me in the least.  Just as with the 360, once the library gets stronger I'm sure I'll pick one up.

I'm also still not sold on the controller.  I have the feeling it will be a blast...for about a week.  Once the novelty wears off, there has to be some solid gameplay to give the system legs.  I haven't seen anything (either in previews or the demo videos) that convinces me that there will be.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2006, 10:16:38 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 17, 2006, 09:38:00 PM

Out, for now.  While the system may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, there's simply no release games that interest me in the least.  Just as with the 360, once the library gets stronger I'm sure I'll pick one up.

It's the one guy in the world who hates Zelda!  Get him!!!!!!!!!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2006, 11:08:35 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 17, 2006, 10:16:38 PM

Quote from: Gratch on September 17, 2006, 09:38:00 PM

It's the one guy in the world who hates Zelda!  Get him!!!!!!!!!

Heh.  Zelda is really hit and miss for me.  I bought a Gamecube the first time specifically for Wind Waker.  I ended up regretting it, as I really disliked that game.  I sort of liked the Minnish Cap game, though.  The new one looks very cool, but I'm wary about getting sucked in by the hype like I did with WW.  It's certainly nothing I 'have' to have right when it comes out. 

FWIW, I'm also the one person in the world who hates both the GTA series and Halo.  I just have strange gaming tastes, I guess.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2006, 12:27:22 AM »

So fucking in.  I totally agree with Bill Harris' assesment of the situation.  I predict the Wii will outsell the 360 and the PS3 in all territories and herald a new golden age for Nintendo along with the DS.

Mind you, I'm not exactly a Nintendo fanboy.  This opinion is totally based on what I've seen come from all camps.  Sony has gotten too cocky and have set themselves up for a serious fall, Microsoft is primed to take a huge chunk of Sony's marketshare (Japan will be a long, sketchy battle though) and Nintendo is poised to hit a nice balance of innovation, availability, and pricepoint (both for consumers and developers).

Seriously, look at the third party support lining up behind each system.  it is the most telling trend of all.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2006, 12:36:43 AM »

ok, i may be the only one here......but i hate the controller system.  no way will i play a system having to use the controllers as i have seen.  i want the traditional gamepad with a directional arrow and a few extra buttons.

please tell me this is an option or is there no other way to play these games?  if you can use a gamepad, then i'm in.  if not, count me out.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2006, 02:00:25 AM »

I was mildly disappointed with the price, but not really that surprised. I am however much MUCH more disappointed that Metroid Prime 3 is no longer a launch title. That was THE title that had me salivating for the Wii. Still, while I am not going to preorder or camp out in a line for hours to get one, as long as I can simply walk into a store and pick one up, I'm IN.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2006, 03:08:57 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 18, 2006, 12:36:43 AM

ok, i may be the only one here......but i hate the controller system.  no way will i play a system having to use the controllers as i have seen.  i want the traditional gamepad with a directional arrow and a few extra buttons.

please tell me this is an option or is there no other way to play these games?  if you can use a gamepad, then i'm in.  if not, count me out.

Buddy, I get the sense that the brunt of the Wii games that are going to be coming out will be designed for the Wiimote. So be very wary - but don't hate it entirely until you get a chance to try it.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2006, 03:12:34 AM »

Oh, another thing .... is Wavebird support confirmed for the Wii, or is it known that it won't be compatible? I'm looking at my Cube right now, thinking it might be about time to get rid of it, and I'm not sure if I should be holding onto the Wavebird to use with the Wii or if I should sell it with the Cube. I think it's probably a safe bet that the Cube will keep dropping in trade-in price, so I might as well do it sooner than later.

(I wonder if I could get Okami for it...)

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2006, 03:16:33 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 18, 2006, 12:36:43 AM

I actively DISLIKE the controller on the Wii..  With 4 Wavebirds, that would be my choice rather than waving around that plastic dildo.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2006, 03:22:19 AM »

I don't have a Wavebird, but since you can plug Gamecube controllers right into the Wii, I don't see why it wouldn't work.  However, I would guess that almost all games will feature remote-only functions, so I doubt many games will be playable without the remote.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2006, 04:48:08 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on September 18, 2006, 03:22:19 AM

I don't have a Wavebird, but since you can plug Gamecube controllers right into the Wii, I don't see why it wouldn't work.  However, I would guess that almost all games will feature remote-only functions, so I doubt many games will be playable without the remote.

I meant keeping the Wavebird for Cube games on the Wii. And the only compatablily issue I could really think of was the Wavebird's plug-in transmitter not being able to physically fit on/with the Wii.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2006, 11:26:56 AM »

they work fine on the Wii according to Matt the Wii Editor at IGN.

I might be inclined to use the classic controller that's going to be released, and I like the button placement better than the cube controller... Unfortunately, no where does it say that it would work with Cube games.

I have no problems with the remote+nunchuk controls, after watching video of Call of Duty 3 the control was the closest to keyboard and mouse I've ever seen on a console. Of course the game doesn't look nearly as good as the 360 version, but if it plays better I am down with that for the most part. Same can be said about Metroid Prime 3, they added in an "expert" control option and that seems even better than the original Prime controls. The delay hurts of course, but it looks like they are going to truly launch their online service with that title.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: