http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 10:16:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Midway hiring so many PC developers?  (Read 827 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2004, 11:42:58 AM »

I read over at RPGDot that Harvey 'Witchboy' Smith, the lead designer of Deus Ex : Invisible War, has been hired by Midway.  Over the past 2 years, they've also hired John Romero, Tom Hall, and J.E. Sawyer, some pretty big names in the PC industry.  I found this odd because Midway doesn't even make PC games.  Are they hiring PC developers for a reason, or is there some reason they pick Midway to work for?  I would have thought that Midway is starting a PC division (like Namco did awhile back), but word is that Romero and Hall are working on Gauntlet and NARC, both console games.  Anyone know what's going on?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 01:37:43 PM »

There is a lot of rumours that Warren Spector is supposed to be going there as well. The thing that they all have common (Tom Hall, John Romero, Harvey Smith all had a big names PC flops, and J.E. had two PC games cancelled) is that they haven't been that successful on PC lately, so I can understand why they are going console.
Incendiary Lemon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 04:31:12 PM »

They have fairly serious funding from a Japanese concern, I suspect they're hiring whoever they want - misfortunes aside its a highpower list.
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 04:35:31 PM »

Midway also has the publishing rights to the Unreal franchise now, which has games on both XBox and PC.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: