http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 01:16:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has GameFly?  (Read 1523 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:19:55 AM »

I signed up for GF on 4/24/06 and my first game King Kong 360 (easy 1000 points) Did not show up with in the 4-5 days. So I filled a claim, next copy was shipped on 05/08/06 arrival time came and went. Filled another claim, next game is said to have been shipped on 5/22/06 What are the chances of this one actually arriving at my house?

MY LETTER

Iam very disappointed to have signed up for a discounted first month promotion to try out game-fly. Only to have the month to be just about finish and I have yet to receive a game I have checked and double check my information for proper address and to no avail. This would be the second copy said to have been shipped that I have yet to receive.
I have had Netflix's for about six months with know problem what so ever so I find it hard to believe my post office is ripping me off. I have however filled a claim with the postal service. All Iam requesting is my games be shipped pleased. I also don't feel it is right Iam being charged for a month in which I have not received any game what so ever.

THEIR RESPONSE

Thank you for contacting GameFly. Our apologies that Peter Jackson's King Kong never arrived to you. We will report a shipping problem and have a replacement copy of the game sent to you. If that game is not currently available, we will send you the next available game in your GameQ.

In reviewing your account, you have a number of reported shipping problems indicating that the postal route may be experiencing difficulties. We want to provide you with the highest level of service possible and require a secure postal route to deliver. If another game is reported lost, we will need to review your account to determine if we can continue service to you.

We are working with the US Postal Service to address these type of issues but encourage our customers to also report problems to the US Postal Service which may help to pursue other solutions to the problem. You can reach the US Postal Service by dialing 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) or you may download and fill out Form 1510 from the USPS website (www.usps.gov) and submit it to your postmaster. The form is located within the Frequently Asked Questions, Claims Domestic Mail section or thru the following link:

http://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/hdusps.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2865

We thank you for notifying us and appreciate your attention to this matter.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help/default.asp

Is this like a first month scam to take my 9.99?
Did anyone else have this type of problem?
If I do get dropped from their list would I be able to resubmit with my work address?

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:36:41 AM »

I have used Gamefly for about a year and a half and everything has been smooth the whole time.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 06:46:33 AM »

Quote from: "juniordan"
THEIR RESPONSE

. If another game is reported lost, we will need to review your account to determine if we can continue service to you.

this part sounds as though they are saying that it is either your fault or they are accusing you!!!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:24:07 PM »

Not really, it could also be a case of 'we can't make a profit if we keep sending games out and they get lost en-route... so we may have to terminate your account'

Edit:
Also, have you filled out the form at the USPS website as they suggest? (No immediate benefit for you, but may help others in the future if it is an issue with your mail route)

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 12:50:15 PM »

I live on the east coast and when I used Gamefly, they only had distribution locations on the west coast.  Therefore it took anywhere from 7-10 days for me to get my games.  This was totally unacceptable so cancelled.

If they every get their distribution as fast as Netflix, I may go back to them, but for now, Gamefly is painfully slow.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:47:38 PM »

I've used Gamefly off and on.  Eventually I get sick of the wait times and cancel them, though I save money renting.  The Fast return works fairly well, so I get games on average 6-7 days after I send one back.  Not great, but still cheaper then buying new ones.  Its an okay service, and unfortunately the best I've found.

I really want Netflix to enter the market as well.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 06:18:54 PM »

I had a postal route issue and the cool thing about GameFly is that they were really cool about solving it. They suggested I try a different delivery address, which I did, and for the past few months it's been fine. . . .Only takes me like 3-4 days with fast return and I live on the east cost.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 01:43:18 AM »

It isn't a scam. Netflix has the same policy if an account experiences unusual missing deliveries. Personally, I hate Gamefly. Compared to Netflix they have atrocious delivery times.

Netflix= 1-2 days. Worst wait was 4 days.
Gamefly=3-5 days. Worst wait was 8 days.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 03:53:04 AM »

Funny this just came back up.
After I made  this tread I got my game 3rd time was a charm finished it that weekend, easy 1000points  biggrin .
shipped it out and I was on pins and needles waiting to see if they would actually receive it.
next thing I know  FarCry is in my mail box. checked my email and I go it 2 days after they shipped it out, Wow.
shipped out on Wednesday and had a new game by the following Wednesday.

This is why I think it was a scam now my value month is over things are moving just fine.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 05:25:05 PM »

I've had mostly good service with them for 2 years. I've had a couple of times were I had like 2 missing games enroute just a few weeks apart. Other than that its been solid. The Fast Return is great when it works but can be flakey as their are times when it doesn't update till the game actually gets back to them. I'd say its worthwhile if you on the west coast, and I'll second the desire of Netflix to start renting games or just buy Gamefly and expand their service.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 06:36:36 PM »

Seems to me that GameFly would want a customer experimenting with their service for the first time to have the absolute best experience possible -- it's just good and smart business sense.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: