http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 01:54:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: While I wait for HL2 retail.. anything I need to do  (Read 929 times)
Appollo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2004, 08:57:39 AM »

Well I hope it arrives in the next 24hrs when I get home for work , in the meantime is there anything I can do to dodge the hassles I keep seeing?
Is it worth setting up a steam account now or does that only happen when I install the game, I'm only interested in the Offline game.
ROTC1983
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 09:13:45 AM »

Hope that it works....

Appollo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 09:27:09 AM »

LOL.. yeah I gotta admit it does seem like a royal clusterf#ck to me  :roll:
I'm hoping by the time I get it most of the probs will be sorted or fixes out there to be found...
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 09:28:58 AM »

Nah, that securom copy protection thinks that I pirated the game so I can't play my collector's edition....I apologize that I am so jaded right now...I believe you shouldn't any problems with getting it from steam...screw VU.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 01:18:19 PM »

I'd say set up your steam account ahead of time.  Took me a while when I installed last night.  Btw, the game is excellent so far.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

Quote from: "ROTC1983"
Nah, that securom copy protection thinks that I pirated the game so I can't play my collector's edition....I apologize that I am so jaded right now...I believe you shouldn't any problems with getting it from steam...screw VU.

The general rule of thumb - uninstall any type of CD emulation software you might have installed (Alcohol 120, Deamon Tools, etc), as most copy protection software nowadays can detect that. Or at least get the current versions. That's also why products like these update every other week, as they keep upgrading to get past those checks.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: