http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 12:10:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Prince of Persia 2 version is the least buggy?  (Read 1283 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2005, 03:47:47 PM »

I absolutely love this game and want it in my library but the xbox version was glitched beyond belief.  Are they all that way or is the X version the least and I will just have to live with to have it?  The advantage of the Xbox version is that I see there are two new downloadable levels now.  

I just watched a guy's speed run video going thru this game in 3hrs19min.  Unbelievable.  Ofcourse if you can go through it that fast and never die then who needs to worry about the save game glitches, right?!

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 06:37:11 PM »

Are you talking about Sands of Time or Warrior Within?
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:47:35 PM »

I can't speak for anytthing but the Xbox version, but it was buggy as hell. It's worth slogging through the bugs if you're a platformer fan, otherwise I'd look for other games.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 10:14:45 PM »

I just tried the xbox version again and got about 10 minutes into it and it locked up in mid jump.  Had to restart to get it going again.  Decided to skip the game altogether.  Hard to believe this was Ubisoft stuff.  Utter crap coding.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 10:33:36 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
I just tried the xbox version again and got about 10 minutes into it and it locked up in mid jump.  Had to restart to get it going again.  Decided to skip the game altogether.  Hard to believe this was Ubisoft stuff.  Utter crap coding.

I had Prince of Persia: Warrior Within about a week ago.  I wanted an experience like Sands of Time.  What I got was clumsy combat, weird glitches, and just . . . well . . . an underwhelming sort of feel.  I mean, SoT seemed so put together!  Warrior Within just seemed like they didn't care.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 11:13:35 PM »

just asked my buddy, said he had no problems with the game on the Cube. I have a cube copy just sitting there, can't really get motivated to play it yet.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 12:40:54 AM »

*Sigh* Man did I love Sands of Time. I should pick that one up again. Wish I hadn't sold it.

Should rent Warrior Within some time too.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 01:57:29 AM »

Quote from: "depward"

I had Prince of Persia: Warrior Within about a week ago.  I wanted an experience like Sands of Time.  What I got was clumsy combat, weird glitches, and just . . . well . . . an underwhelming sort of feel.  I mean, SoT seemed so put together!  Warrior Within just seemed like they didn't care.

Nyah nyah told you so smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 02:05:28 AM »

Hey Mike I have a PC version I will let go for cheap or for a reasonable trade if you are still thinking about it. Not very buggy from what I saw, but I didn't really like it.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 02:35:00 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Quote from: "depward"

Nyah nyah told you so smile

Yes, I failed to mention that - Calvin was telling me how crappy the game was.  I kept on playing it though, thinking it would get better.  But it didn't.

Listen to the ALL-MIGHTY CALVIN

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 02:43:32 AM »

There's some platforming levels in Warrior Within that far supass anything in the Sands of Time--if you're willing to put up with all the shit that Ubisoft threw in there. Sands of Time is by far the superior game (it's my favorite game of this console generation), but Warrior Within has a few truly sublime levels scattered throughout.

Im cautiously optimistic that the next game will be better.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 05:03:28 AM »

In the Gamespot review, they mentioned that the Gamecube version didn't have the bugs they experienced with the PS2 and XBox versions.  I loved Sands of Time, but the absurd ass-hanging out outfit the female enemy was wearing and the Prince's "You b@#$!" comment in the demo were enough to convince me to stay far, far away from Warrior Within.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 11:50:24 AM »

What bugs?

I must have the most blessed console life in the history of the world:

KOTOR: One bug found
KOTOR2: One bug found
PoP:WW: None

Warrior Within, upon purchase and first play, was SO bad.  But once I got used to the controls, it turned out to be another A list title.

I would rate PoP:SoT an absolute A+. One of the best games I've ever played.  I gave WW an A.  Not as good, but still a greatly fantastic games.

Now...what bugs?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 12:32:46 PM »

Too many to mention them all but by far the worst is the save-game bug.  many have experienced it and it bit me in the ass big time.  Somewhere around the second tower level I saved.  Fine.  Then I played through a HUGE section and finally got to another save point.  Saved.  Whew.  Thank goodness.  Later when I started it up to play again I was back at the previous Tower save and not at the last one I had saved on. So, I tried it again and the same thing happened after saving a second time.  Bottom line, unless I am willing to play 10 hours straight and finish the game from that point, I am screwed.  I have read hat if you start over from the beginning of the game it might not happen the second time through.   Might not happen!!!!!   To hell with that.

I think I will give the Cube version a go first and then go to the PC version if that fails.  I think the game, minus the bugs, is very sweet.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 01:24:49 PM »

Too many to mention them all but by far the worst is the save-game bug.  many have experienced it and it bit me in the ass big time.  Somewhere around the second tower level I saved.  Fine.  Then I played through a HUGE section and finally got to another save point.  Saved.  Whew.  Thank goodness.  Later when I started it up to play again I was back at the previous Tower save and not at the last one I had saved on. So, I tried it again and the same thing happened after saving a second time.  Bottom line, unless I am willing to play 10 hours straight and finish the game from that point, I am screwed.  I have read hat if you start over from the beginning of the game it might not happen the second time through.   Might not happen!!!!!   To hell with that.

Was this the XBOX version?  Man...i can't imagine.

I didn't have any save problems...
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 02:36:01 PM »

Most of the bugs I've heard about involve cut-scenes not triggering. You go to an area, don't see a particular scene, and then save. Once you save there's no way to advance the game. There's also a bug where you suddenly appear as the dark prince for no reason and I ran into one amusing bug where I saw the introductory cut scene for the boss in the clock tower and then it immediately played the dealth cut scene and I was able to continue without fighting the boss at all.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 02:39:09 PM »

Now that I think about it, I did hit a bug that played one cutscene without sound.

I reloaded and had no problems...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: