http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 10:20:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which old(er) games need to be sequeled / remade?  (Read 1429 times)
JCC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2011, 06:08:13 AM »

Quote from: mytocles on February 26, 2011, 05:21:44 PM

And Eternal Darkness:  oh, yeah, that's a keeper without a doubt.  I wonder if maybe it didn't sell well or something, because everyone who has played it seems to love it.

I think by Nintendo first party standards it did sell poorly (even by gamecube standards) at least when it was released. But, I think the lifetime sales, added with the obvious cult following make it a viable option for a sequel. Of course with Silicon Knights no longer being a Nintendo second party developer, it may make the rights to the franchise somewhat murky. In fact, does anyone even know what SK is even doing nowadays? Hopefully they aren't going to continue with Too Human. Wasn't that a bomb?

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »

Quote from: JCC on February 27, 2011, 06:08:13 AM

Quote from: mytocles on February 26, 2011, 05:21:44 PM

And Eternal Darkness:  oh, yeah, that's a keeper without a doubt.  I wonder if maybe it didn't sell well or something, because everyone who has played it seems to love it.

I think by Nintendo first party standards it did sell poorly (even by gamecube standards) at least when it was released. But, I think the lifetime sales, added with the obvious cult following make it a viable option for a sequel. Of course with Silicon Knights no longer being a Nintendo second party developer, it may make the rights to the franchise somewhat murky. In fact, does anyone even know what SK is even doing nowadays? Hopefully they aren't going to continue with Too Human. Wasn't that a bomb?

yup,it was a bomb,it sold(according to GamrReview)732,842 copies worldwide to date compared to how much dev time and cost the game needed(it was first announced in 1999 and then there was all that dispute about the Unreal Engine 3 if you remember),even some games that are bombs,get a cult following because the game could still be good,but i thought the game was terrible

Silicon Knights are now doing the X-Men Destiny game,and apparently have a few untitled games in production,one of them listed as an Untitled Too Human sequel which is surprising if true,and one game that is called Siren in the Maelstrom

this is all from their Wiki page by the way,so not sure how true it is(not sure if Wiki have cracked down on people posting bullshit on there)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:06:45 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
KC

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »

I would also like to see new console versions of the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath games.  I know that Torchlight is coming out soon, but hack and slash RPGs are my favorite genre.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 27, 2011, 02:09:54 AM

Quote from: TiLT on February 27, 2011, 01:20:53 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 27, 2011, 12:59:15 AM

Quote from: KC on February 26, 2011, 08:52:55 PM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned a proper remake of X-Com. 

I thought it was happening?..or do you mean a proper sequel sticking to its roots?

You do realize what the word "remake" means, right? slywink

so what is the upcoming Xcom game then...a sequel?

It's a reimagining or reboot, not a remake. At least not from the way these words have been used about games traditionally.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »

I would love an updated MTG: Duels of the Planewalkers.   The Sid Meiers game, released in 1997 by Microprose was fantastic.  It unfortunately doesnt play nice with the newer windows versions but it stayed on my hard drive longer than any other game Ive owned.  It was a interesting cross breed of world campaign, role playing and deck building.  With its 2 expansions, you have an incredible variety of cards available and they also had a gauntlet style tournament and player vs player capabilities.  Best MTG game ever.

They have released a new game by the same name but its nothing like the Sid Meiers version.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 25, 2011, 04:45:54 PM

Jade Empire 2 would be cool, but I've since given up hope of ever seeing it.
Outcast 2 (they should still have the story laying around from when they canceled it)
I like the cut of your jib.

I want another Jade Empire game. Loved the first. I own Outcast but have never finished it. Cool game though.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 07:28:59 PM »

I'd like to see Advent Rising finished over Too Human, so far as underselling planned trilogies go.

Of the ones mentioned here, I'd most like TIE Fighter, Magic Carpet and Jet Set Radio Future.

Syndicate was for sure happening at one point, but there's been no word for a while and now that magazine reveal may not be happening (if it was Syndicate). 

There was a Populous remake already (for the DS), but it wasn't so good.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Vikki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on February 25, 2011, 05:43:19 PM

-Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters

Zekster, War of the Monsters is an awesome pick.  An updated TBS with players taking on the role of the military versus giant creatures would be a dream come true. 
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 03:25:16 AM »

Adventures of Bayou Billy

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Vikki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »

Renegade Legion Interceptor - This game was an absolute blast.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 02:00:34 AM »

Quote from: Vikki on March 07, 2011, 08:27:31 PM

Quote from: Zekester on February 25, 2011, 05:43:19 PM

-Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters

Zekster, War of the Monsters is an awesome pick.  An updated TBS with players taking on the role of the military versus giant creatures would be a dream come true. 

Yes!

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 03:49:11 AM »

in the same vein as X-Wing/Tie Fighter, i would love a sequel to Independence War 2. 

Other games that would also be sure signs I had died:
VietCong
Freespace
Terra Nova
Heavy Gear
Mechwarrior
Star Wars: Dark Forces: Jedi Knight

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: