http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 02:48:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Mario Party?  (Read 582 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2005, 10:29:43 PM »

I've decided to break out the GameCube with some people coming over who are mainly non-gamers.  That means I have to go out and buy a good multi-player game.  I figure everyone can have fun with Mario Party.  I think they are up to 5 or 6 now, right?  Should I buy the latest one or look for an older cheaper one?  Are there any big differences between the sequels?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 11:33:48 PM »

I haven't played 6, but I thought 5 was a big improvement over 4.  6 comes with a microphone and some microphone-based minigames, if that interests you.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 12:58:19 AM »

the great thing is that each successive one still has the majority of the mini-games from the previous ones, and adds major improvements. 6 is as much of an improvement over 5 as that was onver 4. So you'd be getting a really good party game. They're still a little on the slow side, and I'd actually recommend going with something more like Donkey Konga...

However if you guys are drinkers, you can invent some nifty Mario Party drinking games.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: