http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 03:08:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: which is the best gothic? 2 or 3 ? (rpg sale)  (Read 2251 times)
Morgul
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »

looks like gamersgate having a rpg sale right now  (witcher for 7 bucks?) 

Anyways, I am gonna grab neverwinter nights 2 gold and kings boutny princess, but I remember someone saying gothic was good..  So which one should I get?  2 or 3?  (looks like there a few expansion packs in there too.)

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:04:43 PM »

Gothic 2 (gold edition) is the one people remember fondly. Gothic 3 is a more controversial game, though I've played it more than I ever played Gothic 2.

It's starting to show its age though. If you like the style, you should consider getting Risen for the PC at some point.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »

get the Gothic Gold 2 Gold edition.  it'll have G2 and the expansion.  of course there's always the Gothic Universe one, which has all of them included.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 07:41:53 PM »

I played the gothic demo (maybe gothic one?) and didnt like it much for some reason, but figured at those prices I should give the best one a shot...

Along with neverwinter nights 2...  after I finish the witcher lol
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »

Go with G2.  G3 is bigger and prettier, but you can tell the developers got too ambitious and/or ran out of time to put the same hand-crafted touch that exists in G1 and 2.  The controls for Gothic games take a little getting used to, but they're some of the best RPG's I've played.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »

Keep in mind that gothic 3 is also a touch easier to get into due to the dificulty. G1/2 are defnitely more harsh when it comes to new players. Wander off the trail at your own risk, there be dragons. In the early game, you are very weak and the monsters around are not necessarily close to your level just because they can be found the starting towns. The controls also take some adjustment and the combat is also quite different from your standard rpg.

There was a community patch for G3 which supposedly addresses many issues left after the last official patch.

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 06:39:48 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 04, 2010, 07:04:43 PM

If you like the style, you should consider getting Risen for the PC at some point.

Hrmm...   risen looks pretty neat and more up to date...

They didnt put it on sale though, fookers..   
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 08:46:44 PM »

I am currently playing Gothic 3 with the newest community PATCH.  It's just over 900 MB, but it is amazing.  I love all the Gothic games, but now I think 3 is my favorite.  The large vistas, vast open spaces, and the updated graphics are amazing.  I loved G2 Gold too, but it feels claustrophobic compared to 3.  The AI is improved, and there is the option for a new leveling system in the latest fan patch.  It comes with a pdf "manual" with all the changes.  From what I understand, this is for regular Gothic 3, the expansion is not needed.  You will need a powerful rig, as the game can slow down, but it is worth it.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »

Quote from: Vinda-Lou on August 05, 2010, 08:46:44 PM

I am currently playing Gothic 3 with the newest community PATCH.  It's just over 900 MB, but it is amazing.  I love all the Gothic games, but now I think 3 is my favorite.  The large vistas, vast open spaces, and the updated graphics are amazing.  I loved G2 Gold too, but it feels claustrophobic compared to 3.  The AI is improved, and there is the option for a new leveling system in the latest fan patch.  It comes with a pdf "manual" with all the changes.  From what I understand, this is for regular Gothic 3, the expansion is not needed.  You will need a powerful rig, as the game can slow down, but it is worth it.

+1

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 06, 2010, 04:56:35 PM

+1

+2

Warfran
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 12:28:29 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on August 06, 2010, 05:35:28 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 06, 2010, 04:56:35 PM

+1

+2

+3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: