http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 04:06:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which baseball game is for me???  (Read 1170 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2005, 04:14:18 AM »

I`m looking for this on Xbox. I`m not a real baseball fan, but for some reason baseball games have always been fun for me. I`m looking at both MLB and MVP. MVP has 720p support and I`ve never used that yet on my TV...so that`s a real point of interest. They both support Live!, but I`m not sure how good each are on Live!. Does anyone have any comments on any of this? MLB is $20.00 and MVP is $29.99. Thanks.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 05:08:49 AM »

I can only point you to the ongoing Baseball Wars '05 thread in the Sports Gaming Forum.

I'd say it is pretty unanimous that MVP is the winner because MLB 2K5 has way too many bugs in it.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 10:33:18 AM »

Yep... Fox is correct.

I can give you a quick breakdown though.

MLB2k5 - Awesome presentation, announcing, stat keeping, baserunning.

MVP - Awesome at everything else.  The game is challenging and incredibly fun.  Gameplay wise, for the the baseball-lite fan or the baseball-purist, MVP wins this year.  Well, as far as arcade baseball games go.  My suggestion, when first starting, play on Rookie or Pro.  Even us longtime baseball fans are having a challenging time on All-Star.

For online play, search through that other thread and look for comments by Scott and others.  My experience with online is still nil.

Best of luck.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 07:37:27 PM »

I did look at that thread a bit. I`m going to look into it more. I`m torn now, I want this one(MVP), but online is important to me. frown
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 07:54:57 PM »

Anyone have any updated impressions on online play on xbox?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 09:29:49 AM »

Well I picked this up(MVP)> I only got a chance to play two games so far. One offline and one online. Both were great. The online was suprisingly smooth and a ton of fun. I`m really liking this so far. This game looks great in 720p. Not bad at all for $29.99.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: