http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 02:46:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where will/did you pre-order Halo2?  (Read 2601 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2004, 11:17:47 PM »

Looking for recommendations as I never pre-order. But this... this is different.

LiveTAG: happydog
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 11:33:58 PM »

I'm not, I won't, and I am not 100% certain I want the game beyond multiplayer.

You really shouldn't preorder unless you have trade in credit or something of that sort. No reason to. There will be boatloads of that title guaranteed.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 11:44:53 PM »

EB down the street from where I work.

Probably won't need to but I usually do just to get the call so I know when things are in.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 02:24:04 AM »

"No reason to. There will be boatloads of that title guaranteed."

I think there were people who had trouble finding Vice City on release day because stores were selling out.  Unless you're counting on a Best Buy sale where you can price match within 30 days, you might as well preorder.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 02:38:16 AM »

Gamestop... they don't constantly screw up my CC charges like EB does, and they don't charge sales tax.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 02:11:41 PM »

To pre-orders I say, "BAH!" I will simply mow down all the tweens standing between me and Halo 2 goodness and stand triumphant in the Blood Gulch once more!

*maniacal laugh*

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 04:24:04 PM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
I'm not, I won't, and I am not 100% certain I want the game beyond multiplayer.

You really shouldn't preorder unless you have trade in credit or something of that sort. No reason to. There will be boatloads of that title guaranteed.

I'm pretty sure you can't get the slick collectors tin unless you preorder (only 5 dollars more, and comes with a bonus features on a 2nd DVD).

Which I did at a local Gamestop.  The day it was announced.

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can't get the slick collectors tin unless you preorder (only 5 dollars more, and comes with a bonus features on a 2nd DVD).

Which I did at a local Gamestop. The day it was announced.

Must...resist...forum...effect. I didn't know there was a collector's tin that I don't even want or need, but now I must have!

Must...resist.....
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 05:44:37 PM »

Don't give into peer pressure....nobody else does. slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2004, 02:35:55 AM »

Eh..., I went ahead and pre-ordered it (not the Collector's Edition though). I know I'm going to buy it when it comes out, so now I can forget about it until it just "shows up" on my front porch.

Besides, EBG was having a "free 2 day shipping on all pre-orders" thing going on,  so what the heck. If I wait and go down the street on release day (or around there) I'll still have to pay sales tax. At least this way I can (to borrow from Ron Popeil) "set it and forget it"  :wink:

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2004, 02:37:48 PM »

I would have pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Halo 2 in a New-York-minute if it had included the Halo 2 soundtrack.

The Collector's Edition without the soundtrack is NOT a Collector's Edition!

Quote from: "phormio"
Eh..., I went ahead and pre-ordered it (no Collector's Edition though). I know I'm going to buy it when it comes out, so now I can forget about it until it just "shows up" on my front porch.

Besides, EBG was having a "free 2 day shipping on all pre-orders" thing going on,  so what the heck. If I wait and go down the street on release day (or around there) I'll still have to pay sales tax. At least this way I can (to borrow from Ron Popeil) "set it and forget it"  :wink:
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 10:36:09 PM »

I would only pre-order the Collector's edition...and I haven't yet.  I'm waiting until it gets closer and a release date is much firmer.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 05:02:11 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Don't give into peer pressure....nobody else does. slywink

Yeah right.

Just preordered the other day, and I got the collector's edition. According to my local EB joint, nobody is preordering the collector's edition. Which is a shame in my mind actually considering the game.

Oh well. Better chance of getting a collector's edition in my mind. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 08:25:40 PM »

Will all the ripping going on over at GG re: EB of late, I think I'll stick with the local Frys/BestBuy/Circuit City swoop whenever it hits. My humble view is Nov 9 might slip a little, but then again I'm still bitter over Sept. 30. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: