http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:20:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When your 360 breaks...  (Read 607 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:45:34 PM »

I was playing Tomb Raider and all of a sudden the graphics became distorted. The issue began to worsen to the point where now I don't even get an image, so I've come the conclusion my Xbox is broken. I bought it about two months ago and I know there is a 90 day warranty through Microsoft, but my question is how long does this replacement process take? So far I've had a poor experience with their tech support, they transferred me two times and during the second one they hung up (after holding for 10 minutes  :evil: ) I'm about to call again... when can I expect to have a new 360?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 07:03:54 PM »

At first, people were reporting that they'd receive their replacement units in only a few days.  I think more recent reports have extended that time somewhat, though.  frown

-Autistic Angel
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 10:05:47 PM »

I just had the same problem about a week and a half ago I talked to microsoft and they sent me a box to send my unit in they told me about 7-10 working days I should get my xbox360 back by the way mine was a launch unit they did'nt even ask about when I bought it they just said they would make sure and fix my xbox360 or send me a new one now thats taking care of the customer in my book.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:25:49 AM »

Originally they were doing next day air for all of the swapping.  Now they've changed to 3 day ups ground.   Thus it takes quite a bit longer.  Took about 2-2 1/2 weeks from when I called them until I got my replacement this time.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 03:27:17 AM »

I just had the same problem about a week and a half ago I talked to microsoft and they sent me a box to send my unit in they told me about 7-10 working days I should get my xbox360 back by the way mine was a launch unit they did'nt even ask about when I bought it they just said they would make sure and fix my xbox360 or send me a new one now thats taking care of the customer in my book.

That's a run-on sentence if I've ever seen one!

I'm glad the process is smooth... do they end up giving you a brand new system? I would hate to run into similar problems again in the near future. Also, is there a warranty available for purchase through MS?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 05:47:43 AM »

I'm pretty sure you get a refurbished unit.  My first was a launch box.  My second was made in january, the third was made in december... so I assume refurb.  There is an extended warranty you can get from MS.  So far mine haven't lasted past 90 days yet.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: