http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 12:49:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the agony stop? How much longer? Jade Empire...  (Read 885 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2005, 03:04:49 PM »

To get this off my backlog, I want to finish this snorefest:

Huge spoiler:

I just got killed by you know who toward the end of the game and have just arrived in the spirit world.

How much further until this game is over?

1 hr? 2? 3? .5?
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 04:14:09 PM »

It depends on your playstyle, but I would say two maybe three hours. I believe you have two more areas to play.

But it begs the question that if you hate the game this much that you want it to end quickly why exactly are you still playing? Masochistic?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 04:22:40 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Wonser"
It depends on your playstyle, but I would say two maybe three hours. I believe you have two more areas to play.

But it begs the question that if you hate the game this much that you want it to end quickly why exactly are you still playing? Masochistic?

It is only under the most extreme circumstances that I won't complete a game.  And since my gaming dollar is so limited and I paid nearly full price for this game (in anticipation) I feel I must finish it in order to get the bang for the buck.

Even if the bang is not that great.

Right now it's a c- title. If it were an F it would have long ago been ejected and traded....
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 04:42:09 PM »

I've forced myself to complete games so I sort of fall into the same catagory. But it wasn't because I paid money for it but because I wanted to see what happens (Gameplay=Ugh Story=Yeah!).
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 05:34:13 PM »

I gave up on it when I reached the city. The long loading times, tedious characters and endless going back and forth finished me off. Pity, I used to love Bioware games.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 06:13:31 PM »

I actually just started a few months ago and put it aside when I quickly grew bored. Picked it back up earlier this week and made it to where I'm almost ready to leave the village. Quick question though on a puzzle at the beginning, the answer of which can be put in spoiler tags:

Is there a specific order to which I put the three colored idols (red, blue, yellow) on the statue? I do so following the colors that it shows, but then I receive one silver and a message saying with real wisdom comes real cash. What's the solution I'm missing?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 08:09:28 PM »

I never figured that puzzle out nor cheated to find it out, so I cant help WBS. I too recently restarted this game. Two days ago to be exact. I am in Tiens Landing now, and so far I am enjoying it. I am not positive I am fully in an RPG "mood" right now, but I am having fun so far and am looking forward to getting to where I was the first time I quit.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 09:18:51 PM »

Uh-oh... I haven't even started it yet.  Had to have it,  had to have it, lol! Now it's 1 or 2 on my must play list...  But i'm falling behind at a rapid rate since I haven't been able to play anything much lately (problem with my left hand, due to the craziness that was the Ratchet: Deadlocked beta test).  I'm running out of time, Deadlocked is out this month, Oblivion next month - and Jade Empire is only one of the many backlogged games.

There is definitely a disadvantage to having all consoles!  Thank goodness my computer sucks.  :shock:

Plus, the comments here help, but only a little - some people say it sucks, others are playing it again after a "time out."  I feel like I have to at least try it for awhile, nothing here has convinced me that it's a "must sell" - even if it isn't necessarily a "must play." :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 09:52:47 PM »

Is there a specific order to which I put the three colored idols (red, blue, yellow) on the statue? I do so following the colors that it shows, but then I receive one silver and a message saying with real wisdom comes real cash. What's the solution I'm missing?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Every time you follow the steps and put the idols on in the correct order, you'll earn 1 silver piece.

If you smash the altar, you'll earn 20 or 25 silver pieces all at once, but the challenge is then permanently over.

A short ways outside town, there's a grave with a lion's head on it.  If you place a silver piece in the slot on the grave, it will give you something new.  I don't remember what that thing is, but if you then return to the Lion Altar and place the new thing on the altar, you will receive a special prize.  I believe it's a new technique (read: permanent boost to your stats)but it's been so many months that I don't remember.

I enjoyed Jade Empire from beginning to end.  The combat may not have been as visceral or engaging as real fighting game, but it was certainly more engaging than Knights of the Old Republic and I really liked the characters to boot.  Cool

-Autistic Angel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: