http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 08:03:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel of Time  (Read 835 times)
RaptorRed
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2005, 01:43:43 AM »

Anyone know if this will run in win XP?

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 02:32:20 AM »

Quote from: "RaptorRed"
Anyone know if this will run in win XP?

I've got it installed on my XP system.  Runs with no problem.
Chaplin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 02:49:49 AM »

No idea, but I read they are going to do a squel to update it to the current books.  

The whole game will move at a traditional FPS "bullet time" speed except when certain specials are used.  When these specials are used the game slows down even more to "Jordan Time" which can allow you to target spells down the the pixel, micro adjust trajectory, walk the dog, get married, divorced, pick up nitting, get 3 PHDs, and live to see the commercial success of a turn based game centered around a boy band released on the PC before a single plot element will update (let alone reslove).  

The intro cinematic will be specatular and get customers pumped about the world and the storyline of the game set in the expansive and grueling world of Robert Jordan.  The game is expected to run roughly 90000 hours so you are sure to get your money's worth out of this one (however the first 49980 hours are mini games about braid tugging, sibling fights, and other exciting world events; after this, a 3 second cameo of a main character/ plot relating to the intro should appear before returning to mini games).

Kidding obviously, and carrying a bit of baggage about that book series.  As a friend put it...  Joe (the main character is not really Joe, but don't want to ruin it for any fools, er readers that might pick up the series) will have 5 arms, 16 wives, kill each of the bosses 25 times, suddenly discover he has a full body mosaic tattoo, and have to store his 400 magical weapons of doom cell block D style.  Also when all this happens it will add up to the 4000 page finale book that covers roughly the same 5 seconds of real time from 1000s of not even close to necessary points of view.

Other than that, I have no idea if Wheel of time will work on PC.  slywink
Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 03:09:49 AM »

@ Chaplin

HA HA ROFL HEE!  :lol:  That's terrific.

siege

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 04:09:18 AM »

I wish people still played it online. Even when it first came out, it never had an awful lot of people, but man was it a blast.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 08:00:16 PM »

chaplin...all of that stuff sounds terrific, but if it won't me let tug on my braids, i'm not interested...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 10:20:07 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
chaplin...all of that stuff sounds terrific, but if it won't me let tug on my braids, i'm not interested...

/me sniffs and boxes disarm on the ears... :lol:

Oh, and Chaplin, you just know the boxart will SUCK!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: