http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:09:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the game?  (Read 907 times)
Crawley
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2005, 03:54:48 AM »

Disclaimer: This game may not even exist and may be a figment of my small imagination

While driving from St. Louis back to Chicago I had a lot of time for my mind to wander while driving past endless farms and corn fields and not too surpising a memory of the following game popped in to my head for a few split seconds.

The game is an old top-down RPG similar to the Ultima games and took place in Hell (the hell part is what is not so surprising). I believe it came out pre-1990 and was for the PC only. I seem to recall the reviews saying it was very buggy. I believe the graphics looked similar to Ultima 6 except with lots of reds and oranges (it's Hell afterall!).

I don't recall anything about the story line, and in fact there may not be one if this game even exists, so hints are sparse.

Real game or cornfield induced brain damage? Help a gamer out.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 08:44:30 AM »

mmm... Escape from Hell?  I don't remember who put that out... was around the time of Wasteland I believe.  Saw a friend playing it on his IBM at the time but I never got a chance.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 02:02:49 PM »

Yeah, that sounds like Escape from Hell.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 03:27:38 PM »

For the record, there was also "Hell: A Cyberpunk Adventure" or something like that, but I agree with "Escape from Hell".
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 04:22:57 PM »

Quote from: "Qbe"
For the record, there was also "Hell: A Cyberpunk Adventure" or something like that, but I agree with "Escape from Hell".
Yeah, but Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller was an adventure ala the SCUMM games, right?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 06:15:33 PM »

Very nice. I believe Escape from Hell is the game that popped in to my head; the screen shot even has those reds and oranges I so happily recalled.

I'm glad to know I didn't suffer any long-term trauma so thank you for finding this game for me. However I did notice I posted this in the Console forum which may indicate an afflication of general stupidity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: