http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 02:14:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you be playing this weekend?  (Read 1409 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2006, 06:07:54 PM »

I seem to recall we had this sort of thread before.  Though, maybe it was in the Console Gold time period or perhaps even back on Gone Gold.  Ah well.

It's Friday, I'm at work, thinking about what I'll be playing this weekend.  Here's the rundown:

- Playing more of Seiken Densetsu - Children of Mana for the DS
- Digging deeper into Romancing SaGa
- Geometry Wars achievement unlocking
- Continued Brain Age testing

What are all of you playing this weekend?

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 06:18:41 PM »

So how is Romancing Saga?  I'm feeling the desire to pick up a new game to tide me over until my 360 gets back.  

Of course Warship Gunner 2 is really tempting as well.

If I don't pick something new up I'll probably play some Starwars Battlefront 2.  Maybe some Front Mission 4.

Edit:  Oooh... maybe I'll get lucky and see a copy of Steel Battalions with the controller... that would most likely destroy my willpower right now.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 06:20:17 PM »

More than likely, MLB2K6 (until it freezes and I toss my controller across the room), then I'll move on to either NFS:MW or PGR3.  I need to get back into Oblivion someday too.

gellar
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 06:24:38 PM »

Finishing up Grandia 3.  biggrin

On the Seiken Densetsu for the DS; is that out in the US or did you import that?  I could swear it's not out yet...

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 06:26:58 PM »

I will probably play a good deal of FFXI and mix in some Brain Age, Animal Crossing, MLB 06 The Show on PSP, and probably some Oblivion and Tomb Raider for good measure.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 06:29:24 PM »

Obilivion[360]
NWN: ShadowGuard [PC]

I rented Farcry for the 360, but it really hasn't held my attention.  Will give that a go this weekend as well

Also, Tomb Raider: Legend should arrive today from Gamefly so I'll be playing that as well

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 06:47:23 PM »

Going to play some:

Oblivion (360)
Burnout Revenge (360)
Battlefield 2 (360)
MLB 2006 The Show (PS2) and (PSP)
Dragonquest VIII (PS2)
depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 06:48:30 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry"

On the Seiken Densetsu for the DS; is that out in the US or did you import that?  I could swear it's not out yet...

Imported and am using a FAQ.  I don't think there has been a North American release date announcement, so I decided to pick it up relatively cheap on that Play Asia deal I posted in the "Steals and Deals" forum.

Just for the hell of it, I'll probably give some impressions this weekend sometime.

And that reminds me - I need to finish up Grandia III as well.  I was REALLY enjoying it until around hour mark 27.  Calvin has it now though and that vagabond is gone   :evil:

unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 06:49:07 PM »

World of Warcraft.

That is all.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 06:56:01 PM »

Quote from: "depward"

And that reminds me - I need to finish up Grandia III as well.  I was REALLY enjoying it until around hour mark 27.  Calvin has it now though and that vagabond is gone   :evil:

No! Nooo! Don't tell me it takes a nosedive!  biggrin It's been great so far, and I have hopes for it to retain the fun and my interest in the story through to the finale!

[edit]Oh, and Dep, I'd love to hear those impressions on SD:DS.  I loved FFA, Secret of Mana, and I found Sword of Mana relatively enjoyable, but I really just couldn't get into the PS1 Mana title (heck, I've forgotten the name of it!).  If this new one plays more like the others and less like the PS1 release, I'll be a happy camper.  slywink

And PLEASE let it have multiplayer![/edit]

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 07:05:48 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
So how is Romancing Saga?  I'm feeling the desire to pick up a new game to tide me over until my 360 gets back.  

If I don't pick something new up I'll probably play some Starwars Battlefront 2.  Maybe some Front Mission 4.

Edit:  Oooh... maybe I'll get lucky and see a copy of Steel Battalions with the controller... that would most likely destroy my willpower right now.

Do you already have Warship Gunner 2, or are you considering buying?  Asking 'cause we've got a review coming up soon of it.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 07:13:31 PM »

Really enjoyable.  Tebunker also said (recently) that he enjoyed it, so maybe he can give some more feedback.  But in order to like RS you need to like several things:

1)  Funky/weird RPG elements (DP, LP, random "glimmers" that happen in battle, etc.)

2)  Open-ended gameplay.  Very much so.

3)  A traveling minstrel.

It's very much a SaGa game (it's a "remake" of the first one anyway), meaning that not many people find it particularily enjoyable.

I think I would pass on really just going out there and recommending it to people, simply because it's a game that many haven't found enjoyable.  But eh, to each their own I suppose.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 07:18:56 PM »

Thanks Depward.  I've heard good things about it from other people.  I've just been thoroughly distracted by the 360 for the last several months and haven't much touched the PS2.  (that and having to send It in for repairs too)

Zarkon:  Nope, haven't picked it up yet.  I really enjoyed the first one, and still have fun with the Commander version as well.  Given that, will the review be likely to sway me away from buying?

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 07:24:53 PM »

Oblivion
MLB : The Show and maybe some more MLB 2K6.
Brain Age

I should try to finish Ninja Gaiden before I lose all my Ninja Skillz.  I took a break after I kept getting my ass handed to me by Spirit Doku.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 07:46:20 PM »

I have Steel Batallion sitting in my house somewhere, shame there is no way to connect it to the 360.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 07:48:49 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"
More than likely, MLB2K6 (until it freezes and I toss my controller across the room), then I'll move on...

:lol:

For me probably The Show, and Devil got me interested in playing NBA2k6 again, so probably some of that.  And of course GalCivII for the PC.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 07:58:23 PM »

I decided to finally play Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.  So far it's pretty good but I haven't gotten to Raiden yet... :?

I'm working my way through Daxter on my PSP (great game by the way!).

I occasionally dink around with Battle for Middle-Earth.  I'll probably play a skirmish game this weekend.

I've burned out on Oblivion but am still jonesing for an RPG so I might get back into Dragon Quest VIII.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 08:13:08 PM »

Continue in Devil May Cry (PS2)

May finally finish Prince of Persia 2 (XBOX)

Perhaps a bit of Guitar Hero (PS2)

May begin Indigo Prophecy (XBOX)

May play a bit more Chrono Trigger (PSX via PS2)

I have the sneaking suspition though that I won't get much time to play this weekend.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 08:21:13 PM »

with luck, i'll be approaching the exciting (it damn well better be - & probably will be) conclusion of kh2...

No! Nooo! Don't tell me it takes a nosedive!  It's been great so far, and I have hopes for it to retain the fun and my interest in the story through to the finale!

y'know, when i read the reviews about this game nosediving, i told myself 'no way this could be as bad as this'... but it is. maybe it's cuz i liked it so much in the early going, but i can't remember the last game i played that nosedived as bad as grandia 3 eventually does (& i was 20-something hours in as well). sorry...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »

Since I picked up a racing wheel for the 360 I'll probably spend more time trying to learn how to play PGR3 all over again.

Right now all I can do with the wheel is run into walls :|

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 09:49:06 PM »

Probably my 300th hour of  Lego Star Wars with my 3 year old son (who can beat every level blindfolded, yet continues to want to play).

Other than that, I'll probably remain in my Oblivion funk with maybe a side of AoE3 to top it off...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 10:22:16 PM »

FNR3 try to finish my career mode fighter finally and then probably some Battlefield 2 360 and maybe some Graw if I have time the rest of my time will be spent watching the nba playoffs.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 10:30:38 PM »

Romancing Saga. god this game is awesome and frustrating too, I hate that you really need the guide to understand and play the game

Brain Age

Friend's Wedding

Nephew's Baptism

Then Hawaii!

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 10:40:35 PM »

I'm playing out my last few days of college.  My last three finals are Monday.  

I'll also be looking to round out my review for Oblivion and Tomb Raider.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 12:25:16 AM »

I'm playing the Wings opener on TV when I should be beating the 2 papers I have due soon...

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 12:54:39 AM »

Nothing probably.  Not been into gaming the last week or so.  No desire at all.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 02:08:24 AM »

Well I eyeballed MS saga and Warship Gunner 2.... and picked up Grandia 3.

I figure no matter how far I get into it, Moriarty will play through at least once.  If she likes it more like 5 times.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
unbreakable
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 02:09:37 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

Don't think of them as Finals.  Think of them as "Boss Battles".
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 02:17:53 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

Don't think of them as Finals.  Think of them as "Boss Battles".

Hmm, then I suppose I have the bossbattle , which will make them morph into a new form, and then into his ultimate form.  I'll use 3 and a half hour summons to beat them, then ride away on my Golden Chocobo.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2006, 05:43:40 AM »

well i want to go back to oblivion and unlock the last half a dozen achievements i have left to do,and do the daedric quests......but

i will most proberbly be in Vana'diel all weekend....final fantasy 11

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 06:07:12 AM »

I gotta get my new warrior in WOW leveled up.

Play some of The Warriors on XBox.

Play some Meteos with the wife, most likely some mario kart and animal crossing also.

Play a game called "SCREAM IN THE FACE OF SOME ASSHOLE EB EMPLOYEE!!!" :twisted:

Or something like that...BTW the last two are related and if you want to know how, look at my thread in the off-topic section. :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: