http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 08:41:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was this custom game type? (For an RTS)  (Read 682 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2005, 06:21:02 AM »

A long time ago I had a RTS game that I just can't remember (I have so many, at least 10 installed on my hard drive right now, plus another dozen or so in the closet waiting to be played again) I got a little bored and uninstalled it, put it away, and now I'm thinking of it again.
It's not the game though - it was a custom game type/map for it.
There were two scenarios/maps I remember well - a vampire vs vampire hunters type of map where each player gets one character. You can hire AI-controlled characters to assist you each time you kill an enemy, the vampire hunters I think had their own castle in the middle of the map and the vampires were in the darkness around the map.
How much fun it was, BUT WHAT WAS IT?!

The other type was a castle that had you and your allies trapped in the castle and you had to defend against increasing computer-controlled armies with each wave. (Like Unreal Tournament 2004's "Invasion" mode, except it's in a RTS.)
You could buy your units, or at least I think you could, and you had to defend the King in the castle..?

It's been quite a while and I've been through so many games over these past years that I can't remember which one had these scenarios.
Any ideas? And if anyone knows what I'm talking about, do people still play it? Still worth loading it up again? Dont know why I remembered it after so long but I have to admit, I'm dying to play again!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 11:01:56 AM »

It's most likely Warcraft 3.  Blizzard put a lot of scripting power in the hands of mappers and there's all sorts of maps out there nowadays.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 03:44:16 AM »

Thanks turtle, it was Warcraft 3. I installed it last night but unfortunately, it seems my two favorite scenarios - Castle Defense and Vampire Hunters - are no longer played on battle.net. What a shame. It must have been over a year ago when I last played, and you could always find a castle defense or vampire hunters game.. now I cant even find one in the hours I've been on battle.net so far.
Anyway thanks again.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: