http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 09:10:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the Last Game you were Addicted to?  (Read 3029 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2005, 05:40:36 PM »

It's happening right now: KOTOR 2.  I cannot stop playing. I think about it at work.  I think about it when I'm trying to fall asleep.

An unbelievable game.  It just won't let me go.

I've been Tetracized!
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 05:50:09 PM »

Rez 4.  Didn't stop til done.  22 hours of gaming in 4 days.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 06:10:10 PM »

Rez4 (gc) and mercs (Xbox)  These 2 games have swallowed my soul.  Ive not touched my PC in a week, and the people in EQ2 are starting to wonder if  my wife killed me so she could play.

AttA
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 06:12:55 PM »

mercenaries is doing this to me right now.  i've been at odds to keep at eq2 during this time, as mercs is just so much fun.   i have been revisiting missions in my head and making plans for how i would do them over again.  

i always know when i'm into a game when i check the impressions threads here and on OO to see if anyone has posted anything new.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 06:15:03 PM »

uhhh... www.chessatwork.com I've played maybe 2 hours of other games since the time I found this site. Combine it with Chessmaster 10 when I'm waiting for opponents to move and I have no need for other games.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 06:16:29 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
uhhh... www.chessatwork.com I've played maybe 2 hours of other games since the time I found this site. Combine it with Chessmaster 10 when I'm waiting for opponents to move and I have no need for other games.

Never knew you where a chess head, id love a match one day when you have the time.  im gonna go check out that site now.

AttA
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 06:34:28 PM »

My brain is currently having trouble coping with both it's natural addiction to World of Warcraft and my new acquisition of Mercenaries.  The first few hours of Mercs I was just as giddy as a school girl and hardly even bothered to complete any contracts.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 06:35:23 PM »

Currently, it's GTA: SA. Before that it was Half-Life 2. Before that it was Chronicles of Riddick. Those three games I could not stop thinking about while I played through them. GTA: SA is still at the forefront of my mind since I'm currently playing it. Aside from the ocassional review, it's the only game I've played since Christmas and I'm just now unlocking large chunks of San Fierro (just unlocked and completed driving school last night). I tell my friends they have no idea how big this game is and they nod their heads and say they understand. No, they really don't. But they will when they see that map for the first time. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 06:42:21 PM »

Quote from: "AttAdude"
Quote from: "coopasonic"
uhhh... www.chessatwork.com blah blah blah

Never knew you where a chess head, id love a match one day when you have the time.  im gonna go check out that site now.

I love chess but I'm not terribly good. Win or lose, I usually learn something. The thing I like about the site I linked is that you don't have to worry about having enough time as the games generally take place over several days. Not the best place for the impatient, but if you subscribe you can play dozens of games at a time so you aren't always waiting for others to move. Non-subscribers are limited to 6 games at a time.

If you sign up send a challenge to coopasonic

You can reply on the post I made in the Off-topic forum a few weeks back to avoid taking this thread too far off topic.

http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3898

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 06:55:56 PM »

Half-Life 2 - I looked forward to being able to play it some more every day.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 07:01:28 PM »

WoW
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 08:19:13 PM »

The last game - Shadow Hearts Covenant.  Couldn't put it down.  Then Baiten Kaitos until I stumbled across a "game killer" for me.  FFXI has been an ongoing addiction however.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
warning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 08:36:32 PM »

I went wacky with the original Max Payne a couple weeks back and now I'm knee deep into the original Paper Mario.  Could two games possibly be more different?   :shock:
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 08:54:32 PM »

Mercenaries right now, but only because it interrupted my Metal Arms addiction.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2005, 09:03:11 PM »

genuine, honest-to-goodness 'addiction'? - i'd have to go back most of a year to final fantasy tactics advance. no single game since, not even the original ff:t (which i played shortly after), has managed to get into my bloodstream like that game did...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 09:10:46 PM »

On the console?  Beyond Good and Evil.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 09:56:59 PM »

PC: Wow
Console: RE4

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 02:01:08 AM »

i play most games to death the first few days after i grab em but then sorta fade away from them (and no i actually dont have a short attention span smile)  the last games that had me always playin em were baldurs gate DA 1 and even more so 2.

Pirates of the Caribbean also had me goin for a LONG time - until i started havin problems with games crashin when i tried to enter a particular port combined with bad saves

most recently - it was kingdom under fire - i made the mistake of pickin up halo 2 before i finished my fix of KUF but down halo after an addictive week and then started playin other games so that sorta went artificially by the wayside

my flat-out-most-addictive-game-ever-to-the-point-where-i-wont-allow-myself-to-own-it however belongs to Counter Strike on live.  if this game were on my shelf i would never sleep get laid or go to class - its that bad
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 03:37:12 AM »

The last three I was hooked on until I finished them:

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (PC)
Half-Life 2 (PC)
Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA)

Games I have recently been playing but am rather burned out on:

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
Lord of the Rings - The Battle for Middle-earth (PC)

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 05:17:54 AM »

Unreal Tournament 2004 - i started playing the demo almost a year ago, and i've been hooked ever since (due in no small part to playing on zaxxon's server).

Half-Life 2 also had me for a while, but the addiction to that one starts to wear off once you've finished the game a time or two.  UT2K4 just never gets old Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 08:11:26 AM »

Let's see...over the summer was the last time and it was with Unreal Tournament 2004.

It's really hard for me to sit down and play a game for an extended amount of time, nowadays.  Don't know why.  KotOR2 is the closest as of now, I'd say.

TheMissingLink on PSN
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 02:51:42 PM »

On the console, right now I am addicted to 2 different games

KOTOR2 - Finished it on the light side and am now part way through the Dark Side

LOTR:TTA - I listened to all of the comments on here and went out and bought it. I am super addicted.  It is kinda repetitive but for some reason I just gotta keep going!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 03:29:48 PM »

Right now my addictions are Mercenaries on the Xbox and Rise of Nations on the PC. Toss in A minimum of 2 nights of Halo 2 a week. I'd say that qualifies as addiction too.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 03:56:24 PM »

MERCENARIES-DAMN FINE GAME

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 04:14:22 PM »

The last game I played start to finish without starting anything else was Shadow Hearts:  Covenant.  It was so well done all the way through that I just couldn't pull myself away.

I'm now splitting time between KotOR2 and Baten Kaitos (about 20 hours into each), both of which are great games.

Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2005, 04:50:46 PM »

The only truly addictive game is Civ III.

But for the last few days I've been spending ridiculous amounts of time (for me) on Pokemon FireRed.  I didn't realize that the game would pick up so quickly at Vermilion City.
Semaj

View Profile
heh
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2005, 05:03:05 PM »

Last game I played through to the end was GTA: San Andreas,.. I literally cleared the entire game wihtin a week (sans that frigging Toy Plane mission that after like 25 failures I snappped and gave up on.)

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005, 05:24:18 PM »

Right there with you ATB:

Xbox- Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Sith Lords & NHL 2K5

Gamecube- Resident Evil 4 & Zelda - The Four Swords

PS2- Nothing.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
WestNile
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 05:31:11 PM »

ESPN NFL 2K5.   I am not like others here, as in, I don't sit and play to the end (of a season would be a good comparison?).  But every damn time I try to read a book, study, watch a movie, or watch a sporting event, I keep imagining myself breaking for a kick return TD, or getting an INT TD, to the point that I must drop everything, and play it.
Gwen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 05:44:57 PM »

Definitely CivIII.  It's still on my HD and I just started up another quick game a couple of days ago.

Morrowing is a close second. On my 7th or 8th character.

We can't all be heros.  Some of us have to sit on the curb and clap as they pass by.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 05:57:52 PM »

Totally Most Addicted to Ever: a tie between the original NES Legend of Zelda, played every day, long sessions, not enough sleep for work, and;  the Xbox Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, played thru three times in a row, Thanksgiving weekend included a 30-hours- straight session, lots of 12 hr sessions (never said i had a life).

Actual Answer to the Question (just remembered it was "last" game addicted to):  "plain" addiction - Thief (XB), currently playing, mild to moderate addiction, no sleep lost.  the last game i was totally addicted to - Morrowind.  i'm starting to lose sleep thinking about Oblivion...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2005, 05:12:52 AM »

Fire up Civ 3 for the first time in forever, and ended up forgetting to sleep.....

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2005, 07:48:28 AM »

Baulder's Gate for the Xbox. I dont know why, but my roommate and I played all night... and the next day. It is either that, or FFTA for my GBA. Lots of hours whenever I could on that one.
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2005, 01:59:19 PM »

Currently, Silent Hill 2.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2005, 03:12:38 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
the Xbox Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, played thru three times in a row, Thanksgiving weekend included a 30-hours- straight session, lots of 12 hr sessions (never said i had a life).

Does the Xbox version of Morrowind include the two expansions: Tribunal and Bloodmoon?  At least the PC versions of those were quite good and added many many hours to an already fine game.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2005, 07:35:06 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Does the Xbox version of Morrowind include the two expansions: Tribunal and Bloodmoon?  At least the PC versions of those were quite good and added many many hours to an already fine game.

The original release does not.  The GOTY re-release does.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Gwar21
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2005, 11:51:50 PM »

PC: Battlefield 1942 + expansions.  Played it online every day for nearly 2 months before burning out on it.

PS2: NCAA Football 2004
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2005, 12:26:40 AM »

World of Warcraft, although my addiction went into fullblown burnout that I am only now emerging from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: