http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 07:00:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell happened to the Xbox Media Centre ?  (Read 976 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2004, 03:16:20 AM »

I've got a non-modded Xbox, a live account and XP .... where the hell is this fabled media centre that was announced at the beginning of this year? I mean, MS wouldn't shut up about their Karaoke (which doesn't even support standard Karaoke CDs  :? ), and the promise of being able to actually transfer music in its proper format to my Xbox, and able to stream video  was something I was really looking forward to.

Any inside info on this, Ron?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 02:14:08 AM »

You are in Canada...you probably need an adapter. slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 08:14:13 AM »

I can feel the love.

Bastard.

No, seriously. Call your MS people up and get some answers dammit.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 05:10:36 PM »

yeah, they sort of forgot about this cool feature with the release of their piece of crap karaoke music thing.  

My main complaint is that I want to be able to rip my CDs using Live to access the CDDB to get the info put in there automatically.  Nothing sucks like trying to enter in that info manually using a controller!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 02:07:34 PM »

Quote from: "EngineNo9"
yeah, they sort of forgot about this cool feature with the release of their piece of crap karaoke music thing.  

My main complaint is that I want to be able to rip my CDs using Live to access the CDDB to get the info put in there automatically.  Nothing sucks like trying to enter in that info manually using a controller!

That's EXACTLY how I justified the Karaoke kit; that and my wife wanted it. She doesn't use it, thankfully, but if I try to get rid of it she'll kick my ass.  :roll:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: