http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 05:47:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the deal with downloadable PSP sites??  (Read 388 times)
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:44:07 PM »

I just picked up a PSP slim with a few games and was browsing through some review sites to find some reviews on older games and I ran into some professional looking site claiming to download everything you want for a small one time membership fee. The page also mentioned all firmware versions are fine. I then started searching on downloadable games and ran into more and more of these sites.
I don't know much at all about the PSP so I figured I'd post here to see what the deal is. I have read about homebrew and needing certain hacked firmware versions for it but that doesn't interest me at all to play around with that.
If these sites are scams, they are pretty convincing.
Andrew Mallon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »

Quote from: Americanidle on September 26, 2007, 09:44:07 PM

I just picked up a PSP slim with a few games and was browsing through some review sites to find some reviews on older games and I ran into some professional looking site claiming to download everything you want for a small one time membership fee. The page also mentioned all firmware versions are fine. I then started searching on downloadable games and ran into more and more of these sites.
I don't know much at all about the PSP so I figured I'd post here to see what the deal is. I have read about homebrew and needing certain hacked firmware versions for it but that doesn't interest me at all to play around with that.
If these sites are scams, they are pretty convincing.

They're scams. They just link you to warez torrents that you could find on your own.
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:53:23 PM »

they are.  this is the same scam as those sites which claim to let you download full games and movies for free for a one time fee.  from what i've gleaned off other sites, they charge you to download the torrent file.  not exactly a good source if you ask me. 

and yes, homebrew apps are available to play psp images.  if you own the disk, you can do this yourself, or so i've heard.  there's emulation for the older generations and some useful/unusual applications.  i haven't done anything more with my unit than n64 emulation and super mario 64.  it's a bit easier with the fat psp, but the slims already have a custom firmware out there.  it's only possible with a homebrewed fat/pandora's battery though.

ha! beaten to the punch.  oh well, i'll have to fall back on substance rather than speed.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: