http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 02:08:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What games do you wish you'd never sold/traded in?  (Read 1665 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2005, 05:07:15 AM »

I'm not a huge fan of the "what games..." threads, but recent talk around these boards has made me realize that there's a few games that I never should have let go. Personally, I wish I'd never traded in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Katamari Damacy, and I have a feeling that I'm gunna have to pick them up for the second time, before they become really hard to find. Generally I think the trade in setup is a great way to go if you don't have an overflowing wallet, but I tells ya, I never should have removed those two games from my library.

Anyone else have any similar titles?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 05:24:25 AM »

I'm trying to remember, but I don't think I ever have.  If anything, I tend to hold onto most of them for too long, until they're worth almost nothing - with the very rare exception when something gains in value.

I just sold KOTOR on eBay - and it was one of my favorite games, but I still have KOTOR II as yet untouched, and with the upcoming 360, plus my backlog, I doubt I'll ever miss it...  I'll probably smack my forehead later when I remember something, but until then, I think I've never regretted a trade, a sale, or a PIFF (and I never trade stuff in)...  Cool

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 06:07:33 AM »

Naturally, Valkyrie Profile twice.  So DUMB to sell that . . . two times!

You know . . . believe it or not . . . I think that's really about it for me.  The ones that I've traded away I haven't really ever yearned to play ever again.

Oh, if "trading away" means leaving Meteos in another country, then yeah, there's another.  The thing is - I just don't want to spend MORE money to buy a copy of a game I put hours and hours into.  Just wouldn't be the same.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Yossarian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 06:18:55 AM »

I ended up rebuying Prince of Persia because I could no longer bear being without it slywink  My favorite xbox game.  The interaction between the prince and the princess is great.

Now playing Star Trek Tactical Assault, Poker
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 06:20:17 AM »

I sold Rez for the PS2 a couple years ago for like 15 bucks.  So yeah, I regret that.

TheMissingLink on PSN
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 06:51:36 AM »

BloodRayne 2, Quake Revolution, and Tribes Aerial Assault for the PS2.
Those are two games I can see myself even playing on the PS3 (with it's backwards compatiblity) when it comes out.

Judge Dredd (PS2) is another one.. I got it brand new for $4.99 at Gamestop - last copy. Now it's almost impossible to find, and if you do find it, it's a lot higher than 5 bucks.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 07:05:18 AM »

I kinda wish I hadn't sold my PS2 a few years back.  There were some PS1 games I sold with it as a package deal : Resident Evil 2, Einhander, and Parasite Eve were just a few that I'd like to have back.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 11:17:10 AM »

Gladius for Xbox.   I need to go find this again.  What a dumbass.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 11:39:12 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Gladius for Xbox.   I need to go find this again.  What a dumbass.

I would put that on my list too... I traded it for Psi ops, which was fun, but I'm hankering to play Gladius again..

Also: Original Fallout.  I re-acquired it in a trade with minimal loss, but what was I thinking?

BG&E- Not because I'd play it again any time soon, but because it was just such a fun game that I would play through again if there ever is a sequel.

Maybe Indiana Jones and the Emperor's tomb.  That was just a hoot.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 12:25:29 PM »

I don't see how anyone could sell PoP:SOT.  Such a beautiful game...  One of my all time favorites in fact.  

I don't have an answer for the question, as I am really good about holding onto my favs.  

I have held onto PoP:SOT, BG&E, Chronicles of Riddick (really slick game), and will never ever part with ESPN Football.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 12:46:26 PM »

I never regret trading/selling a game that I finished.  I never play games through more than once.  Even my favorites such as KOTOR 1 & 2.  I traded both of those in because I only play games through once.

There is just not enough time to play a game through more than once, especially when it takes me literally months to finish a game (if at all).

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 01:12:09 PM »

Seeing as neither of you (Eco and SS) have traded in games you regret, what the hell are you even doing in this thread!  

Until you have done something stupid like the rest of us, get the hell out of this thread and stay out!

I'm so sick of you two!  "I am so great, I have never traded in any games I loved, blah blah blah... blah blah blah..."  Maybe you can start the Little Mr. Perfect Club together.  One of you can be President Perfect and the other Vice President Perfect.

Christ!

LD   biggrin

Tongue

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 01:23:18 PM »

S

I'm so sick of you two!  "I am so great, I have never traded in any games I loved, blah blah blah... blah blah blah..."  Maybe you can start the Little Mr. Perfect Club together.  One of you can be President Perfect and the other Vice President Perfect.
 Tongue

What do ya say Starshifter? slywink

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 01:37:18 PM »

I've owned Halo like 3 times now. Not going to do that again. Traded in a copy of Eternal Darkness, only to realize just how stupid that was, and promptly bought it again.

I picked up Metal Arms on the cheap, with a few other games. Wasn't really interested in it, and negotiated a trade for it for Voodoo Vince, which what I had been trying to find in the store when I found MA. Decided to break open MA and test it out one night, and promptly got in as much gameplay as I could before I had to mail it off. I had to track down a copy of that for myself after that.

Traded in God of War, after beating it in God mode. I don't regret that as much. I wouldn't mind having it again, but I doubt it'd get that much play.

Those are the ones that stick to mind, anyway. I'm sure there are a few more.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 01:42:41 PM »

I sold Super Puzzle Fighter II: Turbo on Ebay for about $70 a couple of years ago. I regretted it for a long time since I could never find the game anywhere, but then about 8 months ago I found another copy of the game at Blockbuster for $8! So I guess I don't regret selling it so much now.  biggrin
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 01:45:34 PM »

I can't believe it, but I sold Suikoden 1.  I purchased it back when some nitwit traded it in at EB, but that could have been a loss.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 01:54:04 PM »

Even my favorites such as KOTOR 1 & 2 I traded

:shock:

we...are...no longer...friends.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 02:16:03 PM »

Seeing as neither of you (Eco and SS) have traded in games you regret, what the hell are you even doing in this thread!  

Until you have done something stupid like the rest of us, get the hell out of this thread and stay out!

Christ!

LD   biggrin

Tongue

Why the hell are you in such a cranky mood?  Didn't your Astros win the NLCS last night and are off to the World Series?  After that fly ball was caught in the bottom of the ninth I actually thought to myself "I'm happy for Lockdown".  And I get treated like this! :evil:   Never happy are we?  :wink: :lol:

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
What do ya say Starshifter? :wink:

I will let you take the role of president in this club because the abbreviation of VPP sounds a hell of a lot better than PP! :lol:

Quote from: "ATB"
we...are...no longer...friends.

NO! Nobody else can understand why I always walk my character in those games like you do ATB!  Do you mean you still play them?  I'm very weird in that I play NO game twice.  Ever!  It's a rule I live by.  Once and out.  I have such incredibly wonderful memories of KOTOR 1 & 2 that it would be impossible to top those by playing again.

Let me redeem myself in your eyes.  I STILL think about my adventures in KOTOR 1 & 2 to this day.  I STILL terribly miss Bastila and Visus(sp?) as if they were girlfriends that left me forever.  I feel as if I lost a family.  And I will die many horrible deaths if KOTOR 3 is never released!  Heck, I told you I even have my character (Lynrya Centaura) for KOTOR 3 ready to go (with details of her listed in my PDA)!  See?  Don't abandon me now fellow Jedi Knight! :cry:

XM Channel 76
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 02:43:18 PM »

I've never repurchased a console game and I've never replayed one I've already finished.

On the PC, Jagged Alliance 2, Diablo 2, Half-Life, Viper Racing and NFS: Porsche Unleashed have all been sold and re-purchased.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 06:53:12 PM »

I'm very weird in that I play NO game twice. Ever! It's a rule I live by. Once and out.
Is that true SS?  I could swear you said you replayed Advent Rising, but with my memory...

As for replay, I never have time (cz of too many games) and inclination to do it - except for Morrowind.  I played and replayed it to death from the time I got it until it was totally, completely used up!  I'm going to try to restrict myself in Oblivion - maybe twice through, purposely not hitting all the Guilds and all the caves... so that I can put it away to enjoy later - since there seems to be no similar games, dammit!!!

Back on topic... uh-oh, I'm gonna get yelled at too - I still can't think of any I regretted getting rid of.  But I'll keep watching, maybe someone will post one that makes me slap my forehead!  :wink:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 08:07:27 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
Is that true SS?  I could swear you said you replayed Advent Rising, but with my memory...

Yes, it is true.  I have never played a game through more than once.  I did mention to you that Advent Rising is one game I strongly considered playing through a second time because for some reason I felt drawn to it again.  Hard to explain.

Anyway, I sent it to you so my record is intact.  There is no more temptation! biggrin

XM Channel 76
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 08:12:41 PM »

Resident evil 2...
I bought it  again after i traded it away  Tongue
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 10:22:04 PM »

Probably ICO. Not sure that I'd play it over again, seeing how it has zero replayability but it was an amazing experience and I might want to immerse myself in it once more just for kicks.

My smile still stays on.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2005, 11:30:29 PM »

I like to keep games that are watershed moments in gaming for me.

I have pro wrestling from NES as well as the original Zelda.

For xbox these are the games I'm keeping forever:

Robotech Battlecry
SSX Tricky
KOTOR
KOTOR2
HALO
POP: SoT
NBA Street Vol 2
Ninja Gaiden

Possibly Pop:WW...just so I'll have the whole collection..
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 02:48:46 PM »

I'm surprised at how many of you guys don't have to face the necessary trade-in to fund your next purchase. Oooooh, nice game libraries you've got there. Bastards.

You know, I also wish I'd never given up Super Mario 64. That's the only 64 game that I really wanted to play again, if even for the nostalgia kick.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 04:11:33 PM »

SCUMM games :
DotT, Sam'n'Max, Full Throttle, All of the Monkey Islands.

These are PC games I miss. I thought I gave away my Wing Commander Prophecy; found it in an old box last week. Woot! I still have all the ultimas (although 8 and 9 could go up in flames at any point and I wouldn't care). Diablo 1 and 2 are gone, and I am sad. The Incredible Machine still taunts me with memories of entertaining bliss. Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2 (3 is NOT missed). Final Fantasy XI was sooo good. I may just end up playing it on Xbox360.

As to consoles, I miss many, many games.

The original Metroid. I have the Zeldas, but I miss the first 3 breath of fires, and Kung Fu Chaos. That game is just so much fun. Dammit.

Final Fantasy 1,6 and 7, Dragon Warrior, Streets of Rage, SMB1, 2, 3, Super Mario World, Mario64, Bionic Commando (damned hard), Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Cripes, I'm filled with regret.  :shock:   :?  :cry:  crybaby

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: