http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 02:06:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What compelled you to go Console?  (Read 6217 times)
Eliot
« on: October 17, 2004, 08:33:48 AM »

I have been a faithful PC gamer since back in the C64 days (actually before that a TI99 4/a). A GG refugee I have been reading some of the forums from console gamers. I bought an N64 a way back but didn't really enjoy the platform. I think my main concern was poor graphics and being stuck with a gamepad versus keyboard.

So, I am interested in hearing from PC platform converts, or even those that now use a console in peaceful co-existence with their console?

What compelled you and, what did you have to adjust to, and what would you recommend? I am considering an X Box? :?:
olaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 10:26:41 AM »

I am a PC gamer all the way.  I have always had consoles, but I always enjoyed computer gaming more, going back to my first one, a C64.  What compeled me to buy the current crop of consoles was software.  There just arent enough quality games for the PC, month in and month out, to keep my relatively short attention span sated.

olaf
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 10:34:53 AM »

I had played the first Nintendo and through to the PlayStation then took a break after I got a PC of my own.  For a couple years I played computer games exclusively and saw little reason to pick up a console.  Most of my friends had moved away and I could get online much easier with a PC.  I relegated the consoles to sports and racing games which were at the time, the bottom of my game-playing choices.  

There were probably two main reasons I decided to get into consoles again :

1) My computer was getting butt-slow.  It was to the point if I wanted to play a new game, I'd have to turn down all the options and upgrading would be too expensive for me at that time.

2) Boredom had a little to do with it.  I was reading about all these great games, but I couldn't play them on the PC.  I loved computer RPGs, but I was getting the itch for the Japanese console style RPG.

Now, I use my consoles for my main gaming fix and the computer (I've since bought a new one) has been saved for FPS, RTS and the sweet graphics that only a fast PC can deliver.   Pretty much everything else goes to the consoles.  
I'd say the biggest adjustment is the save point system in consoles.  I had gotten used to the "save anywhere" on PC games and had to adjust to the "save only at save point" of consoles.  You get used to it pretty fast though.

As to which one?  That's hard to say, but I'd go with the XBox.  The XBox is more powerful and has 5.1 surround.  It generally has better graphics and faster loading times.  
The PS2 is the one to go with if your looking for RPGs though.  The XBox has a couple good ones, but can't compare to the PS2 selection.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 01:50:37 PM »

I was a console gamer first- starting with my Colecovision but really coming into the fore with Nintendo and Genesis.  Then, in 1993, I got my first PC and I was PC exclusive until 2001.  I never completely turned away from console games in that time  but limited budget and limited time (college) ensured that the PC was all I needed.  

However, I was still aware that there were tons of quality console games out there (in fact in 1998 I came very close to picking up an N64).  When my budget finally permitted I purchased a PS2 and within the following year an Xbox and Cube.

I probably focus on consoles now more than PCs because, with all three consoles, there is a steady stream (more like a torrential river) of high quality games for me to play year round while I find the PC can be full of  droughts between stellar releases.  I also find that console games tend to be far more polished than most PC releases.
KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 01:55:25 PM »

Here are my reasons:

Ability to put console in the living room instead of going to the den to play games on the PC

Football games are better on the consoles

Consoles are more party gaming friendly (easier for two to play at once)

Interest in genres where consoles have the edge, particularly RPGs
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 02:14:03 PM »

I've been playing consoles since I got an Atari 2600 for Christmas when I was in 2nd grade. I've also been a computer gamer for most of the same time as well, starting on them about a year later.

I prefer consoles for sports and action/platformers. I prefer PC's for RPG's, FPS's and strategy games.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 02:51:22 PM »

I've been involved with both, starting with a console in 1981. Since the Genesis in ~1993, the xbox is the first console I've really enjoyed. (tried the PS1, Dreamcast and N64)

I don't see the reason for having to pick a side. Both have benefits, which have already been listed above.

I say grab at least one of the big consoles, and open up your options for when those inevitable PC gaming droughts hit. With my xbox, I never go game-hungry! smile
Dinkytoy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 03:04:58 PM »

I'm a pc gamer, but I saw a review of Pikmin on Techtv and I've always liked quirky games..and with a little research it turns out the Gamecube has a slew of games that are unlike any pc games, or other console's games for that matter.

so when the Gamecube price dropped I picked one up. I've got about 40 games for it now..
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 03:06:45 PM »

I never "went console".

I've been playing PC games since I was given a copy of Dune for my old 486 way back whenever that was. The first console I specifically owned was a Super NES, and it was a Christmas gift. I've basically see-sawed back and forth between them until just recently. Lately I seem to play more of a mish-mash of both PC and console games, just depending on my particular mood.

Really, they both have their own advantages. As I always say, there's something to the idea of relaxing on the couch, cranking up the 5.1 surround sound, and just gaming without any of the hassles that sometimes go along with PC games.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 03:08:38 PM »

I liked playing games like SSX at a friends house and also enjoyed the Tony Hawk games, which came out faster on the console. Since one was the cost of a video card I got one, an xbox. I later got a gba for some portable goodness and I like the 2d platformers it has.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 05:30:41 PM »

I grew up on nintendo. But in reality the market is now almost console only. The games we will see on the PC is mmorpg's and WW2 FPS. Both are which extending their welcome.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 05:35:49 PM »

The reason I got a Genesis, then a Playstation, then a Dreamcast and now a Playstation 2 is that there are games I want to play that aren't available on PC.  I started out playing the Final Fantasy games and have moved on to other things.  The SSX series is a good example.  There just isn't a PC game quite like it.

On the other hand, I can't find anything quite like Rome: Total War on a console either.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 05:48:55 PM »

My first console was the home Pong game.  I followed that up with an Atari 2600.  Next, I got mky first computer, an Atari 1200XL and that began my career in computer gaming.  Basically, I havel always been both a console gamer and a computer gamer and will continue to be, though I tend to lean more to computer gaming since it doesn't occupy the TV and I have been too cheap to investigate methods to pipe both my vidoe and sound from a console into a computer (if anyone has good suggestions on this, I would appreciate them).  Really, most of my console gaming these days comes from my Gameboy.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Space Herpes
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 09:11:08 PM »

I got a X-box because my wife wanted to game with me.  The console had games she was interested in playing.  

I like having a choice in platforms.  I've never been that interested in console RPG's, but I like PC RPG's (fallout anyone).  Halo is an excellent game, but I still prefer fps on computer(Farcry, Doom 3, and soon to be released Halflife 2).  On the other hand,  racing games (burnout, SSX), adventure games (buffy) and coop games (Halo) are excellent on the Box.

SH

See the Mr. Sticky Show!
http://one.revver.com/watch/261625
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 09:20:23 PM »

Just like I posted here, I've never thought I'd get a console but last summer when I had nothing to play on my PC, I decided to get a PS2 and it's been one of the best things I've ever bought. The games are awesome, it's a shame they don't make them for the PC. And there are a ton of old games that can be found really cheap now, so that's another plus. Not to mention GTA San Andreas and the latest two installments of the Mortal Kombat series - Deadly Alliance was the greatest incentive, although now that I got Virtua Fighter, every other fighter seems to pale in comparison.

My smile still stays on.
Eliot
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 10:52:58 PM »

It appears from responses that many enjoy having both platforms. Originally when the Xbox came out I was discouraged due to the $50 price tag for each game. At that time, as I recall PC games had a quick price descent so that one could wait to get games at a reasonable price.

Now as I look around there seem to be lots of games avaialable at the mid price point, and like PC games the top titles getting top dollar.

My only other question before I pull the trigger on EBGames special is how are the graphics holding up? I understand the XBox has a vid card roughly equivalent to a GeForce 3 Ti200.

Given I do not have HDTV, how would readers rate graphics compared to the PC (I have a ATi 9800 pro). Certainly I do not expect on par graphics. I just don't know how much of a come down it will be.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2004, 11:08:06 PM »

I was a complete anti-console snob from the day I got a Commodore 64 for Christmas - in fact, I was head of the "Nintendo Haters Club" forum in the early days of AOL.  Then in early 1997 for whatever reason I was compelled to get a Playstation, and it just snowballed from there.  Now, I enjoy both console and PC games - they're different, yet equally enjoyable experiences. I think I realized that as I have less and less time to spend on gaming these days, consoles are a better fit for my lifestyle.  But I can't give up PC gaming, because my favorite genre (FPS) is still better overall on the PC than on consoles.  And I enjoy the hardware tweaking/upgrading aspect of PCs as well.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004, 11:13:35 PM »

Quote from: "Eliot"
My only other question before I pull the trigger on EBGames special is how are the graphics holding up? I understand the XBox has a vid card roughly equivalent to a GeForce 3 Ti200.

Given I do not have HDTV, how would readers rate graphics compared to the PC (I have a ATi 9800 pro). Certainly I do not expect on par graphics. I just don't know how much of a come down it will be.

There are quite a few Xbox games that have excellent graphics... while it doesn't have the raw power of a modern PC, the games can be optimized much better since it's a closed, singular platform.  And most games are locked at a resolution of 640x480 (since standard TVs can't display much higher than that), they can really crank up the eye candy, if not the resolution itself.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 12:49:14 AM »

Quote from: "Laner"

There are quite a few Xbox games that have excellent graphics... while it doesn't have the raw power of a modern PC, the games can be optimized much better since it's a closed, singular platform.  And most games are locked at a resolution of 640x480 (since standard TVs can't display much higher than that), they can really crank up the eye candy, if not the resolution itself.

Yup, for developers that know how to harness the hardware the graphics are still on par or better than most of what's making it to the PC these days.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2004, 02:12:27 AM »

Eliot,

I was in a similar position as you a couple of years ago, and I had the same thoughts/concerns about trying a console (game prices, graphics quality, using a gamepad, etc).  I have always been a PC gamer and had not owned a console since my Atari 2600 (except for a Dreamcast I picked up on clearance in 2001 but never really seemed to have time to play -- I also had a hard time adjusting to using the DC game pad). smile

However, about two years ago my PC was quite behind the curve and I was looking to diversify my gaming a bit, so I treated myself to an XBox, the advanced video pack for the S-video connection, and a copy of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  :twisted:  The out of the box experience was awesome and I have really enjoyed my XBox.  I guess I have about 10-15 titles in my XBox library now.

I like the option of sitting back on the sofa and playing on my TV -- I sit in front of PCs enough as it is, so it is nice to get away from that.  As a gamer with limited play time, I also like how most console games are generally easier to jump into and have a much quicker learning curve than PC games.  I had some concerns about the controller since I don't have much gamepadding experience, but with a little bit of play I was doing just fine with it (and the games are often a little more forgiving to compensate).  I still generally stay away from FPS on the XBox (except Halo), but have had little trouble with third-person perspective action games like Mechassault or Buffy.  In fact, for many of the action games like Buffy or Prince of Persia, the gamepad is the perfect controller and much superior to keyboard/mouse

Unless you have a real need to play the Nintendo or PS2 exclusive stuff, I would definitely go with the XBox.  For me, the S-controller is very comfortable and the HD is a major plus (no extra memory cards to buy and keep track of).  If you go XBox, then definitely get either the advanced AV pack (if your TV has an S-video connector available) or the HiDef pack (if your TV has free component hookups).  The S-video (which I have) makes a definite difference for image quality over the standard hookup.  In any case, I have no complaints at all about the XBox graphics -- in general the games look incredible and much better than you would see on a PC with similar specs.  And yes, since you are jumping in now, there are lots of great games available at bargain ($20 and under) prices.

Over the past couple years I have probably done about 2/3 of my gaming on the PC and 1/3 on the XBox, give or take 1/6 here or there.

Good luck with your decision!

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2004, 02:47:18 AM »

I used to do both but the lure of the comfy couch, big screen, DD sound and only needing to upgrade every 5 years has led me down the road to almost console exclusiveness.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2004, 03:56:35 AM »

If you want to see what the xbox can do in terms of graphics, check out Chronicles of Riddick. Pretty impressive stuff!

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2004, 12:28:02 PM »

The latest PC releases have not excited me and ability to mod/tweak/tinker with the Xbox was a plus.
Zagreus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2004, 12:45:38 PM »

different types of games. I can't play Animal Crossing on a PC. or Gladius. or Soul Calibur II. or Legend of Zelda. or Pokemon. or Deathrow. or Final Fantasy Tactics. etc etc etc

Zagreus sits inside your head
Zagreus lives among the dead
Zagreus sees you in your bed
And eats you when you're sleeping!
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2004, 01:34:19 PM »

I started out with Pong.. then went 2600->Colecovision->C64->Atari800->Amiga->PC486->NES->SNES->GENESIS->PS1->SATURN->PS2->XBOX->GAMECUBE

And thats my progression.. I love PC games and Console games.. The reason I am MORE into consoles today is due to my lifestyle, with two kids under 5 I need games I can play for 10 minutes and go... PC games are more involved. I love em all...

SADLY: REALITY CHECK FROM A PC GAMER: I was in the game industry for 10 years and the typical PC game does NOT make money. IE: DOOM3 UT and SIMS do make millions, but the remaining 98% are failures.

So the game companies look to the consoles, which has as bigger game buying audience.

This is not the end of PC gaming, all I am saying is if you are a gamer, get a console too, to hold you over in the dry spells.....

Cant we all just get along? Games are games to me.... play em have fun doesnt matter what system they are on...

Mac users are left behind eh?

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2004, 02:35:47 PM »

I had an Odyssey2 and a NES but became an exclusive PC gamer until I picked up an N64.  Since then I've owned a PS2 for about a year and a GC for about 6 months until I settled on the X-Box.  I just didn't have the time and money to play all 3 consoles and I enjoyed the X-Box the most.  Over the past 3 or 4 years my PC gaming has declined to the point where nowadays I even like playing FPS games on a console.  The couch, 5.1 surround and large TV are great.  But the main reason is that I work on a computer all day long, all week long and I just don't want to go upstairs and sit in my office in front of one at night anymore.  I still love the PC for the strategy and RPG games, but I would say that these days I pretty much a console gamer.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2004, 03:06:41 PM »

I was a PC only gamer for a long time.  But somewhere along the line, PC games simply stopped being interesting for me.  With a few exceptions, I don't care for RTS, MMORPG's, any military-themed games, space sims, or FPS'ers, so my PC gaming choices have become very limited in the last few years.  I'm mainly into RPG's, but even in that genre the PC offerings don't compare to what's available for consoles (imho, of course.   I mainly play Japanese console-style RPG's).

Combine the lack of interesting games with the ridiculous cost of keeping my computer up to date, and the convenience of playing on my couch with a 52" HDTV, and I'm now almost exclusively a console gamer.  I still enjoy playing a few PC games (Diablo II, HOMM3, Baldur's Gate), but the only PC game I've purchased this year was Thief 3.  I've tried the demos for nearly every big release, but haven't found anything that interested me enough to actually purchase.

I don't think there's anything wrong with PC gaming, it's just that 99% of the games simply don't interest me.  If I was an RTS or Military Sim fan, I'm sure I wouldn't do much console gaming.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Eliot
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2004, 04:01:12 PM »

Thanks for all of the feedback. I took the plunge and ordered the XBox. Now the only questions are a couple/three games to get started and the list of mandatory accessories. Since funds are not unlimited I am sticking with a couple of the $30 or less titles.

So far:

Riddick
Crimson Skies
Burnout 3

look like winners.

Any other suggestions in that price range?

And, mandatory accessories?

The advanced a/v pack?
Is the Xbox wireless capable out of the box or do you need a wireless access point to run the wireless controller

Any other suggestions?

:?:
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2004, 05:09:01 PM »

I had this dream where moses came down from the mountain with an Xbox... And I couldn't say no to Moses, geez that would be bad.
Gwen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2004, 05:34:18 PM »

Totally game-driven

Cube:  Zelda
XBox: Halo

That was about 30 games ago.  I'm about 70/30 percent,  with the majority of my time on the PC.

We can't all be heros.  Some of us have to sit on the curb and clap as they pass by.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2004, 06:43:23 PM »

Thanks for all of the feedback. I took the plunge and ordered the XBox. Now the only questions are a couple/three games to get started and the list of mandatory accessories. Since funds are not unlimited I am sticking with a couple of the $30 or less titles.

So far:

Riddick
Crimson Skies
Burnout 3

look like winners.

The advanced a/v pack?
Is the Xbox wireless capable out of the box or do you need a wireless access point to run the wireless controller

Any other suggestions?

:?:

Burnout 3 is already under $30?

Halo if you haven't played it already.  Rainbow Six 3 was considerably better than its (fairly different) PC counterpart IMO.  

Otherwise not too many recommendations from me- I'm not a big fan of most X-Box exclusive games and I mainly use it for getting ports of multiplatform games.  

There's plenty of multi-platform games I'd recommend but it would better to get an idea of your taste first.  

For wireless controllers- I recommend the Logitech Wireless Controller- pack will come with everything you need.  

Advanced A/V pack is required if you want S-Video output and DD 5.1.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2004, 06:47:24 PM »

So far:

Riddick
Crimson Skies
Burnout 3

look like winners.

Congrats, and welcome to a new world smile

If you like racing, Project Gotham Racing 2 is THE must-have racing game for the Xbox. And I think you should be able to find it for around $17 now. A lot of us run this regularly on Xbox Live.

Also Rallisport 2 is another excellent racing title.

Beyond Good & Evil has drawn universal raves, if you haven't played it on the PC yet.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a wonderful RPG, and another must have, again, if you haven't already played the PC version. I think it's $10 at CC this week too!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer should also be in the $10 to $20 range, and has gotten really good feedback too.

Second Sight has gotten good feedback as well (really good story) and it's just been dropped to $20. I have that one on order.

And of course, the First Law of Xbox Owners, is you must order Halo 2 smile

I'll post more great values as I think of them.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2004, 07:38:28 PM »

I love both, but the effect of sitting around on the couch with friends playing games goes far beyond playing online with people on a PC.

don't get me wrong, I've got my HL2 preorder and have a 3.0 Intel HT system with a 9800 pro, but I find game playing on the PC has fallen to the wayside.

This is coming from someone who's played since the Vic20, and Dos 3.3 games. A couple years back I was hosting 30+ person langames in my basement (16 port 100bt switch back when they cost $300+).

I've played consoles since the Atari system. I wasn't impressed with the games on consoles as much as PC games (I mean, Ultima 7... wow. Were did the quality&length go nowadays??) and now the PC games come across with much lower production values, and the variation is very limited. Strategy, MMORPG and FPS are the dominant games on the PC. I agree with the WW2 FPS comment above; it is definately out of style.

Now as I look around there seem to be lots of games avaialable at the mid price point, and like PC games the top titles getting top dollar.

Halflife 2 Collectors edition  :shock:

It's slightly better than the GeForce 3 line, and given the developers don't have to mess with hardware incompatibilities, it's a pretty smooth ride. When you see a game push the HD signal it can be a *very* impressive sight. Since most games are 480p (and often widescreen) getting more than just 640x480.

If you've ever considered getting an HDTV, the xbox might just push that button for ya. smile I've got 2 16:9HDTVs, (a 51" Hitachi and a "little" one ...30" Sony VVega for upstairs).  Careful, there's just as much money to spend in  console gaming. slywink

...now, should I buy a Spherex sound system?? (AKA a Mirage Omnipolar system) ...

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2004, 07:50:42 PM »

Riddick
Crimson Skies
Burnout 3

The advanced a/v pack?

Get the best adapter(s) you can get.[/u]
Monster Cable (slightly higher prod values) > Microsoft > all other 3rd party cables > Mad Catz
Component video > SVideo > Composite > RF
Optical audio = SPDIF > RCA's ( I don't know of any SPDIF for Xbox though, both Monster and MS use the optical on their cables)

At least one more controller. If you need a DVD player get the kit; if you have one, don't bother wasting the money for the Xbox.

If you have highspeed internet, I'd suggest running a CAT5 cable to your xbox (or going wireless) and wait for Halo 2. Get the one with the headset; I'm sure it comes with a couple of months worth of free service.

Actually, you should just check out the following threads for game recommendations :
I need to Quit my Job ...
Xbox Collection Recommendations

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
shang
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2004, 07:23:22 AM »

Disgaea was the single game that made me break down and buy a PS2. Haven't regretted it. smile
Eliot
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2004, 01:40:46 PM »

The XBox came in the mail yesterday just in time for my day off. Isn't interesting how those things get 'timed' sometimes  :wink: .

I am enjoying it a great deal, although being a keyboard PC guy from way back in the day, the controller takes some getting used to.

So my questions for the console faithful:

I you had $100 burning a hole in your pocket RIGHT now which two (or three) games would you buy?

Since I don't have broadband out here in the woods, is there another alternative for patching my games? If so, how?

Looks like my two months of free XBox live will go unused. I do have a broadband connect at work (DSL line off the corporate network). So, I suppose I can drag the box in on a weekend and sign up and patch? Is it worth doing this?

So far so good - started Fable and Riddick..interesting stuff. I keep hearing good things about Second Sight to....what to buy what to buy  :shock:
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2004, 03:08:39 PM »

With $100, I would buy Halo, Burnout 3 and Crimson Skies.
Eliot
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2004, 03:16:21 PM »

Okay got Crimson Skies and Burnout 3, why not Halo 2? (other than the fact it isn't out yet?)
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2004, 04:02:36 PM »

With $100 and an E-Bay account:

-  Burnout 3 ($25)
-  Need for Speed Underground ($16)
-  Beyond Good & Evil ($10)
-  Star Wars KOTOR ($13)
-  Thief 3 ($15)
-  Soul Calibur 2 ($8)

Wouldn't be a bad haul, eh?

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
osufan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2004, 04:19:51 PM »

Like Devil said:

Couch
Big screen
Home theater

Plus, I find more console games that are better for a quick blast.  E.g. with a kid, job, house etc. my gaming is usually limited to 20-30 min. late in the evening.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: