http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 02:41:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your gaming plans for the weekend?(Sat morning addition)  (Read 1473 times)
denoginizer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »

I usually post this question in the excitement of Friday night weekend anticipation.  But there are still almost 2 full days left.  So...

My gaming plans are:

* Finish Braid.  I have been playing this game in spurts for months.  I have resolved to try and finish this weekend because I fear that I won't be able to avoid hearing ending spoilers for much longer.  Thus I have even resolved to turn to walkthrus if I get stuck from here to the end.  I have 2 worlds left to solve ( I think... paranoid)

* I traded Deadspace back to gamefly and received Prince of Persia in return.  So I will get started on that.  I have heard good things and I haven't played a 3rd person action game since Assassin's Creed.

* Continue on with GTA IV.  The game is a blast as long as I can force myself to keep going with the story missions.  I constantly get distracted with messing around the city going for achievements and lose interest.

So what are your gaming plans for this weekend?

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 05:00:55 PM »

Currently slogging through Star Ocean Second Story (PSP) so I can have the review out before the baby gets here.  So far (about 8 hours in), I'm trying to figure out why this game is held in such high regard, since everything about it just seems terribly dull.  The endlessly cheery characters and horribly simplistic writing are driving me nuts.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it gets better.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 05:45:06 PM »

Saturday morning is no time to be doing math.

For me, it has been COD5. Might re-rent Mirror's Edge, but might not until next weekend.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »

ryu ga gotoku kenzan! smile ...

i'm on chapter 6 (the first few chapters are something of a flashback/set-up for the main story, which begins in chapter 5), & running around doing missions - involving everything from (slight spoilers)

Spoiler for Hiden:
confronting gay sumo prostitutes, to meeting the woman who invented kabuki, & then 'performing' in her theater smile

- before moving the story forward. one new gameplay element i really like (which was in the demo, & appears to've carried over to y3) is the way kiryu learns his special attacks. initially, some guy gives him a paintbrush & paper, & then the guy will periodically give him a picture of an animal. when kiryu comes across the animal, he'll observe it do something, then (furiously!) paint a picture of it himself, & thereby create an attack based on what the animal did - maybe you gotta be there, but it's pretty cool...

actually, the whole damn game's incredibly cool, &, having just played the y3 demo, i do believe i seriously prefer the samurai kiryu over the yakuza one at this point, & kinda wish things'd been reversed, with the yakuza game being the exception, & the main series being set in the 17th century. everything's just so much prettier, the historical references / guest appearances are interesting (imo, anyway), &, yeah, the combat's outrageously brutal smile . but, being the kurasawa/mifune whore i am, im thinking this's not so surprising...

the bad news is that playing via faq slows the whole game down a bit (i'm playing with a laptop, with open map, story, & missions windows, as references - chopping up the faq really helps). the good news is - it's the 17th century, fer crissakes! nobody hurried back then, so what's the goddamn rush? smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:57:32 PM »

NHL, SF IV, DOW2.  In that order.

gellar
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 06:10:05 PM »

I'm still enjoying my replay of Morrowind.  Today, I'd like to make some serious headway on building my Stronghold, then of course, I'll have to decorate it with skulls, candles, torches, weapons, and armor, as usual.  After that, I'll probably work on some guild quests, as I've only become the chief honcho of the Mage's Guild so far.  Every time I start to think, "Geeze, I've probably had enough of this game by now!" - I remember something else I want to do.  Yesterday I was mulling over the possibilities when it hit me:  "Azura's Star, I have to get Azura's Star!"

And so the story continues...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »

Finished the Dark Side ending of Star Wars: Force Unleashed.  Planning to now replay the last portion to finish the Light Side ending.  That'll give me two games completed in 2009 and I may get back to completing the last few side missions in The Godfather to finish that game as well (now just working toward becoming Don of NY).  While I need to continue on with Bioshock, I'm still not "feelin' it" as I'm just not in the mood to face Big Daddies, so I may take the shrink wrap off of Mirror's Edge and give it a try, especially since it is short and shouldn't take long for me to complete.  I'm curious about the DLC for it as well.

Sunday is "bar gaming day".  Knightshade, Mrs. Knightshade, and Mom Knightshade are meeting us and a group of friends at The Sets to shoot pool and play darts, shuffleboard, etc for the afternoon.  It should be a lot of fun, especially since it'll give me a chance to shoot pool with different folks.  Although after our rivalry match Friday night Moliere said he is concerned for the welfare of those who face me because I lost our series by a few games last night and will probably use that as fuel for having no mercy for my opponents.   icon_twisted  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »

GF is out of town.  Played Persona 3 until around 4am last night.  Running some errands this afternoon, then probably playing Persona until 4am tonight, and then repeat tomorrow sans errands.  Bachelor life is sweet.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 06:27:04 PM »

I'm working again all weekend (well over a month now without a day off), but I'll try to squeeze in some GTA: The Lost and Damned somewhere. I'm stuck on one mission where you have to chase three vans and blow them up, and for some reason it's kicking my ass.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 07:25:58 PM »

RB2 and SF IV on the 360 and Oblivion on the PC.  I was going to grab DoW 2 but now I might have to deal with a vet bill on Monday so I'm holding off.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 07:30:37 PM »

Been on a PC game kick recently.   

Going to finish up Crysis then get serious with DOW2.  I also bought the Indie Pack on steam and the Trials 2 game is pretty awesome.  Might get some Sacred 2 in as well.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »

I'm anticipated many more hours of Mount & Blade.  No idea how many hours i've been playing for, but I'd say easily over 30 and I'm no where near conquering the world.  Yet.   icon_twisted

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 09:21:14 PM »

Witcher EE:
Just started chapter 5. Want to wrap it up before the end of the month hopefully. Kinda stalled at the beginning of Ch4 so hopefully I will get it done.

STALKER Oblivion Lost 2.2:
Progress farther in this hopefully. Need to head North of the Bar.

I may start up 'Devil May Cry' from the backlog since I've never played it before beyond first couple screens.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 09:24:44 PM »

EA Sports Hockey League in NHL 09, inching closer to lvl 30 in Resistance 2 (currently at lvl 27), gonna hop on LittleBigPlanet, and zone out with some Noby Noby Boy.

TheMissingLink on PSN
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 11:04:45 PM »

I am on the final chapter for MGS 4 and I continue to be blown away by how good this game is.
I have played numerous games over this new generation and I have to say, that although many games were really good, this by far is what a next-gen game should be like.

Spoiler for Hiden:
At one point your in-game companion Otacon comes on and says that it is time to switch to disk 2, he pauses and says what was I thinking this is a Blu-ray disk you don't need to switch disks.

I am so impressed by the quality and gameplay I plan on writing to Konami.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 11:34:08 PM »

I'm going to try and finish Beyond Good & Evil.
If I can do that I'll probably start either Uncharted or Fallout 3.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 12:45:57 AM »

Nothing interests me, so playing nothing.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 02:46:07 AM »

Well I beat Crysis so now I can use my big monitor now.  Couldn't run it at high at 1900X1200 but could at 1400x900. 

Then went and played No One Lives Forever and Kings Bounty. 

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 03:24:48 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 21, 2009, 04:49:18 PM

My gaming plans are:

* Finish Braid.  I have been playing this game in spurts for months.  I have resolved to try and finish this weekend because I fear that I won't be able to avoid hearing ending spoilers for much longer.  Thus I have even resolved to turn to walkthrus if I get stuck from here to the end.  I have 2 worlds left to solve ( I think... paranoid)

I made it through world 5 but I am very stuck on world 6. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
The one with the ring.
  I'm probably going to have to resort to Youtube to get past the 3rd stage on world 6.  But I'm going to try and experiment a little more tonight before giving in.  I did pass one of the
Spoiler for Hiden:
shadow Tim
stages purely by accident, which I thought was funny.  Great game though. 

* I traded Deadspace back to gamefly and received Prince of Persia in return.  So I will get started on that.  I have heard good things and I haven't played a 3rd person action game since Assassin's Creed.

I played enough of PoP to decide that it isn't my cup of Tea.  While Assassin's Creed seemed more tilted to combot over platforming. PoP seems to go the other way.  Also the 1st two gardens seemed kind of repetitive.  Back to Gamefly it went today.

* Continue on with GTA IV.  The game is a blast as long as I can force myself to keep going with the story missions.  I constantly get distracted with messing around the city going for achievements and lose interest.

I didn't touch GTA 4 at all this weekend.  I did rent Fear 2 and made it through the first six chapters on Sunday. The story is as cryptic as Fear 1 was.  But the individual combat encounters are still great.  Overall I am enjoying the game very much.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 03:27:43 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 21, 2009, 05:00:55 PM

Currently slogging through Star Ocean Second Story (PSP) so I can have the review out before the baby gets here.  So far (about 8 hours in), I'm trying to figure out why this game is held in such high regard, since everything about it just seems terribly dull.  The endlessly cheery characters and horribly simplistic writing are driving me nuts.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it gets better.

Put in another 4-5 hours, and it's getting a little bit better.  The characters still annoy the hell out of me, but the story is finally picking up after a ridiculously slow start. 

I also dug out my old copy of Unreal Tournament (the original) and fired it up for a couple hours yesterday.  For some bizzare reason, UT is the only FPS that I've ever been good at, and although I'm a little rusty, I could still deal out some pretty decent carnage.  It was a blast to do the time-warp back to an old classic.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 03:39:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 21, 2009, 07:25:58 PM

RB2 and SF IV on the 360 and Oblivion on the PC.  I was going to grab DoW 2 but now I might have to deal with a vet bill on Monday so I'm holding off.

played a ton of Oblivion, no RB2 and couldn't find the heart to touch SF IV.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 03:44:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 23, 2009, 03:39:59 PM

and couldn't find the heart to touch SF IV.

I actually bought SF IV on Sat morning in a moment of crazyness.  But I haven't taken it out of the wrapper yet.  I know I will only get frustrated by getting my ass handed to me online. 

If I haven't been compelled to play it by Friday I figure I can exchange it for Killzone 2.  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:46:44 PM by denoginizer » Logged

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 03:47:29 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 21, 2009, 07:54:33 PM

I'm anticipated many more hours of Mount & Blade.  No idea how many hours i've been playing for, but I'd say easily over 30 and I'm no where near conquering the world.  Yet.   icon_twisted

Yeah, that about sums it up.  Waging war against those Mongol bastards.  Can't seem to totally conquer them yet, though, since they are down to two castles and have 5-10 armies at each at any given time.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 03:54:20 PM »

I put a bunch of hours into Final Fantasy XII (at around 17 hours now) and had a saturday night Burnout Paradise session with some buddies. I also tried out The Maw demo, which I may pick up at some point down the line.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on February 21, 2009, 06:10:05 PM

I'm still enjoying my replay of Morrowind.  Today, I'd like to make some serious headway on building my Stronghold, then of course, I'll have to decorate it with skulls, candles, torches, weapons, and armor, as usual.  After that, I'll probably work on some guild quests, as I've only become the chief honcho of the Mage's Guild so far.  Every time I start to think, "Geeze, I've probably had enough of this game by now!" - I remember something else I want to do.  Yesterday I was mulling over the possibilities when it hit me:  "Azura's Star, I have to get Azura's Star!"

And so the story continues...

I did get Azura's Star, but I'm nowhere near finishing my Stronghold.  Despite having played this game numerous times, I forgot how long the process is to actually get a building you can enter.  I did some work on the Thieves Guild while I waited for my first Journal notice.  Around 3 AM, I got the notice that the work had gone forward, but I fell asleep while playing, so I had a vague idea it might be time to go to bed.   retard

I'll pick up on my construction work later today.   icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on February 23, 2009, 05:30:05 PM

........ but I fell asleep while playing, so I had a vague idea it might be time to go to bed.   retard

LOL.

I'm not sure if that is the sign of a great game or a terrible game.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 06:15:12 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 23, 2009, 05:38:20 PM

Quote from: mytocles on February 23, 2009, 05:30:05 PM

........ but I fell asleep while playing, so I had a vague idea it might be time to go to bed.   retard

LOL.

I'm not sure if that is the sign of a great game or a terrible game.

Ha ha, yeah - in this case, though it is the sign of a great game, for me at least.  I was fighting to stay awake to just finish that last step in that last quest... oh, there's something else I need... if only I can stay awake a little longer...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: