http://gamingtrend.com
September 24, 2014, 02:31:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your gaming habits?  (Read 557 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2006, 10:15:08 PM »

Lately I've been trying to establish what I feel are my own personal gaming habits. Usually I'll have 3-4 days in a row where I do some heavy gaming (2-6 hours in a day is heavy for me), but then when the weekend rolls around I don't get to play anything for another 2-3-4 days. I want to see how other people incorporate gaming into their lifestyles.

My obligations: I work full-time, 45 hours a week as a store manager at an EB. I usually have tuesday and friday off, work all day saturday and most of sunday. Other than that, currently I don't have school and I'm living at home. I'm in a somewhat serious relationship which demands time from me, but typically there's 3 nights out of the week where I'm free to do what I want. I also like to work out about an hour a day.

My common gaming habits: The weekends are usually out for me. I always have friday off, but I use that day to catch up with my friends that I haven't seen all week. Usually it involves going out to eat, working out, and doing some kind of friday night activity. I always work from 1-9:30 on saturdays so there goes that day, and then I work 10-7:30 on sundays, I have to be at work by 8:30am on monday so really its a very small window on sunday night to do anything so I normally just eat dinner and see a movie with my GF.

Three nights out of the week, or even M-THU, I can do my gaming. Usually they are 3 hour stints altogether, so at the end of the week I've done perhaps around 10 hours of gaming.

How about you guys?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:42:24 PM »

The two things I tend to enjoy the most are listening to the radio and playing computer games.  And, thankfully, they can both be done at the same time!

My habits may change once I start getting used to watching TV programs again, but we'll see.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:52:36 PM »

2 20-30 minute visits to ac:ww / day, 3+ hours with a single game on weekdays, few hours more on weekends (& no tv)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 11:04:16 PM »

I typically get to play in short bursts, 20-40 minutes at a time during the week. But only one or two days. On the weekends, I play very little at all. But if I do get time, I like to play for an hour or two.

Although -

My wife and I play AOE3 several times a week (~1 hour per game). Sometimes two or three times in a day on the weekend (not much of that lately). So I guess that actually is where most of my gaming time is spent.

LiveTAG: happydog
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:46:38 PM »

Sometimes I'll get up early for work and squeeze in some time or I'll play a bit before I go to bed.  Weekends are usually out for me too, but I try to sneak it in some late night gaming.  I rarely get in any marathon sessions anymore due to work and girlfriend.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:20:51 AM »

My obligations:  Married with a 7 month old daughter, have been doing f shiftwork the past several months but am transitioning to straight up 8-5, Mon-Fri work.

My gaming:  I'm pretty fortunate in that my daughter is in bed by 8pm and sleeps through the night, and my wife is usually in bed by 9 pm while I tend toward being a nite-owl and don't usually  hit the sack until 1-2 am.  Consequently, I have 4-5 hours of guilt free gaming if I feel like, every evening.  And on weekends my wife and daughter usually go off shopping for a several hours each day with her friends and family, freeing up even more time.  Consequently, I have copious free time for gaming, reading, watching movies, or whatever else I might feel like.
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 01:26:19 AM »

Well I go to school full time and have a part time job.

I find time when I have time.

When I do get time its usually 2 hours, online in Metal Gear.

Usually at night, from about 9pm till 11pm, and on weekends, 1am till 3am. After I get home of a night of, well whatever happens to happen.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 02:07:35 AM »

I usually only play on the weekends.  I just don't have a lot of time during the weeknights since I get home and have to prepare for the next day.

I have found Xbox Live Arcade on the 360 to be a tremendous boon.  I can sit down and play for a short period of time.  When I picked up Oblivion and played it I was taking off from work early and staying up way to late just to put a few more hours in.  It was truly sick.  I just can't get away with that kind of stuff.

Now that I have the summer off I can do whatever I want. :twisted:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: