http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 09:25:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (9/26)  (Read 1660 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2005, 06:11:04 PM »

And once again, a slew of games come out. So I ask again - what are you buying this week?

PS2: Midway Arcade Treasures Volume 3, NBA 2K6, NBA Live 06, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, The Suffering: Ties That Bind, Top Spin, Capcom Classics Collection, Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2, Frogger: Ancient Shadow, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Never Ending Tomorrow, NTRA Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, Total Overdose, Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Xbox: Midway Arcade Treasures Volume 3, NBA 2K6, NBA Live 06, The Suffering: Ties That Bind, Capcom Classics Collection, Cold War, Far Cry Instincts, Frogger: Ancient Shadow, NTRA Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, Total Overdose, Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Cube: NBA Live 06, Frogger: Ancient Shadow, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

PC: NBA Live 06, Cold War, Total Overdose, Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion, The Suffering: Ties That Bind, Bet on Soldier: Blood Sport, Blitzkrieg 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2006: Trophy Season

DS: Lost in Blue, Lunar: Dragon Song, Big Mutha Truckers, Frogger Helmet Chaos, Trace Memory

PSP: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

As for me, I might go for a bit of DS action this week, with Lost in Blue and/or Lunar: Dragon Song. You?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 06:11:54 PM »

Just Sly 3 for me.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 06:12:26 PM »

I'm interested in both Lost in Blue and Lunar for the DS.  But I'm seriously hurting in the pocketbook at the moment, so I'll have to really try and hold off.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 06:33:24 PM »

pokemon xd! - had lots of fun with colosseum, & this looks to be even better...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 06:37:13 PM »

This'll be one of the few times I regret not having a DS.  I want Lunar. :/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 06:42:05 PM »

Lunar intrigues me for the DS and Total Overdose's demo was awesome.

But I'll hold off this week biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »

Sly 3 and Lunar DS for me, although I probably won't actually buy them this week. I really hope Sly 3 is more like the first one. Sly 2 was very disappointing, IMO.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 06:49:43 PM »

I want to buy Midway Arcade Treasures 3.  I want my Stun Runner!!!

Seriously, the Midway Arcade Treasures series has seen the most play on my PS2 than most of my other games.  It is a great idea, and they have most of the arcade games from my youth. (I missed the invader years by about six years)  I'm keeping my eye on the MS Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow game.  I liked the previous MS Gundam Seed game (http://www.consolegold.com/GameInfo/game/2892.html) so I'm hoping this one will be fun as well.

Edited to note:  10 bucks is half off the original price.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
Sly 3 and Lunar DS for me, although I probably won't actually buy them this week. I really hope Sly 3 is more like the first one. Sly 2 was very disappointing, IMO.

I can only guess it is a lot like Sly 2, so you may be disappointed.  Same episodic style with being able to use different characters.

Capcom Collection has me excited.  22 games in one $19.99 package (I think it is 22 games that is)?  Sign me up!

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 06:58:48 PM »

Multiple characters and hub-based levels are fine, as long as there's more variety. Sly 2's biggest problem was that by the end I felt like I had done everything that the game offered at least twice. Another pickpocket mission? Joy. Multiple characters would make that better, at least.

The other problem was the lack of pure stealth/platforming levels. I read an interview where Sucker Punch said they are trying to balance things better, so I am at least somehwat hopeful that there will be a few crazy fun levels like in the first game.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 06:59:30 PM »

Had I the money, it would be TO for PC and Suffering for PS2 for me. Oh well. smile Future trade requests then.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 07:11:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
Seriously, the Midway Arcade Treasures series has seen the most play on my PS2 than most of my other games.  

I saw a used copy of the second at a local gamestore for $10 - you'd say this was a good deal, yes?

TheMissingLink on PSN
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 07:19:56 PM »

Andrew...gotcha.  I was obviously coming from the wrong angle.  For those types of things I don't know at all.  There is a review up at IGN though, I think it got an 8.1

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 07:24:57 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Seriously, the Midway Arcade Treasures series has seen the most play on my PS2 than most of my other games.  

I saw a used copy of the second at a local gamestore for $10 - you'd say this was a good deal, yes?

Oh yes.  MAT2 had the best overall interface, and some really good games.  The first one had a cruddy slow interface, but has the true classics (Sprint, Gauntlet, etc).  MAT2 has some good games, APB and Xybots being some of my favorites.   Hard Drivin' is on there and it is emulated quite well.  It runs almost exactly like the arcade version, with no optimazation or improvements to the graphics.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 07:39:40 PM »

MAME, my friend, MAME. Or do like I did and own the Atari Lynx version that was released a decade or so ago. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 07:51:24 PM »

Lost in Blue and Lunar for the DS - after I see reviews.  I am really excited about LIB becuase it seems to make some interesting use of the touch screen and the two screens but it could be terrible.  The risk is so much higher with inovation.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 07:51:34 PM »

I'll probably pick up Sniper Elite. Haven't decided if I want it for the Xbox or the PC though.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 08:02:26 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

MAME, my friend, MAME. Or do like I did and own the Atari Lynx version that was released a decade or so ago. biggrin

I'm trying to go somewhat legitimate. smile

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
warning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 08:06:24 PM »

Lost in Blue does sound like fun.  I'm going to wait on Lunar Dragon Song till I see some reviews.  There's nothing specific about it - it just hasn't grabbed me from the previews so far.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 09:07:44 PM »

I'd like to get:

Sly 3
The Suffering
Capcom Classics
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Far Cry Instincts

...but I'll probably just settle for MAT3 and put the rest on the good ol' amazon wishlist
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 09:50:20 PM »

Nothing for me this week unless I can find Sly 3 or the DS stuff on the cheap.  The last couple weeks have really wiped me out.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 09:53:41 PM »

Renting only.  Saving my coin for FEAR, Shadow of Colossus, and 360 stuff.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 09:54:51 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

I'm trying to go somewhat legitimate. smile

That's why I mentioned the Atari Lynx version. Great port, IMHO.

And not to derail the thread (too much smile ), but I actually ran into one of the original arcade machines of Stun Runner a few months back, tucked into the back corner of an arcade in Wildwood, NJ. I sat down and proceded to have a ton of fun on a game that I surprisingly still know how to play.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 09:57:17 PM »

Keeping an eye on Lost in Blue, since it appears to be the sequel to the GBC gem, Survival Kids.

I'm very worried about Lunar and won't be touching it unless it gets uniformly good reviews.

Capcom Collection -- eh.  I always buy these retro collections and end up never touching them.  I might stray from this one.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 02:56:05 PM »

I had been debating on possibly getting Lunar and definitely getting Lost in Blue.  However, after reading some initial Lunar reviews, I think I won't be touching that one with a ten foot pole.  If I were rich, I would pick up Tiger Woods, Pokemon XD, and Trace Memory.  So, looks like just one title for me this week.

I really hate this time of the year because there are far too many games to possibly be able to buy.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 03:23:47 PM »

I did want Lunar, but the reviews have scared me away,

I will get the Midway and Capcom collections.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: