http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 10:06:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (7/3)  (Read 1616 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2006, 01:40:02 PM »

With the 4th of July holiday just one day away, will any gamers be enjoying any of the new titles due out this week? Let's take a look at the list, and as always, ask the same question: What are you buying this week?

PS2:
Ruff Trigger: The Vanocore Conspiracy
Ultimate Board Game Classics

PSP:

Xbox:

360:

The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II

Cube:

GBA:

DS:

PC:

First Battalion
Glory of the Roman Empire
Outlaw Chopper
Terra Wars: NY Invasion

Talk about a whole lot of nothing. Oh well - I have plenty of other games to keep me happy.

And I must really be out of the loop nowadays - short of the Lord of the Rings title, I've never heard of any of these games again.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »

May rent LoTR:BFME II.  However next week, we get Chromhounds!!!!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 02:19:14 PM »

Probably picking up Titan Quest from last week... a 4 page thread in the PC forum here is a resounding endorsement. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 02:48:35 PM »

Nothing. I'm broke. No more what are you getting this week posts please!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 02:56:16 PM »

I love these threads.  And much gratitude to you for doing them EVERY week, even weeks like these biggrin

NOTHING!  I feel like grabbing a bargin game though...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »

A week of complete and utter suck, oh well. Thanks for the post.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 03:44:55 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I love these threads.  And much gratitude to you for doing them EVERY week, even weeks like these biggrin

I agree wholeheartedly with TML!  I look forward to this thread every Monday.  smile

Even if, like this week, I have no purchasing plans whatsoever.  Titan Quest will keep me nicely occupied for several weeks!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 04:00:19 PM »

I'm hoping that one day soon both ATB and I can exclaim:  I'm picking up Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III!  biggrin

On that note, I agree with coop in that the four page thread on Titan Quest has convinced me to pick this one up this week.  I have had a blast with the demo.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 04:02:59 PM »

Definitely getting LOTR: BFME II.  I've heard and read a lot about it and it sounds great.  A nice change of pace from what has been released on the 360 thus far.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 04:08:36 PM »

Yep definitely Battle for Middle Earth 2 (360) here as well.
Can anyone confirm if it has a skirmish mode like the PC version does? Dont have Live yet and dont want to open up a 60 dollar game and find out the only thing I can do with it is play the campaign..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 04:16:13 PM »

I'm very interested in BFME II, but I'm going to wait for some word-of-mouth on the controls (and hopefully a demo).
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »

Will probably get LotR:BfME II pending reviews.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 04:26:52 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry"
Quote from: "TheMissingLink"

I agree wholeheartedly with TML!  I look forward to this thread every Monday.  smile

Even if, like this week, I have no purchasing plans whatsoever.  Titan Quest will keep me nicely occupied for several weeks!

Ditto all around. Thanks Destructor!

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 05:10:44 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
Nothing. I'm broke. No more what are you getting this week posts please!

You will buy games. That is the way of the Gaming Trend Effect. biggrin

And yeah, Chromehounds is looking to be a very entertaining game (played the 'not released in the US for whatever reason' demo the other day). Then again, I am a Mech fan.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
depward

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 06:10:07 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
Probably picking up Titan Quest from last week... a 4 page thread in the PC forum here is a resounding endorsement. slywink

Same exact thoughts here.

Once again (to echo everyone else's thoughts): these threads ROCK

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »

i might (probably) get battle for middle earth - has anyone here played both this and kingdom under fire crusaders / heroes? one of my favorite things about that game was that you could customize armies - pick their armor, weapons, trinkets and such - and give leaders skills / other toys to boost the army as a whole

is there anything like that in bfme?  or is it all tech tree type stuff that you research and it applies to everyone? or can someone direct me to a pretty detailed rundown of the game?
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 09:25:22 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"

Ditto.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 09:31:58 PM »

At any other time, I'd probably jump all over Titan's Quest, but I'm getting my 360 back on Wednesday finally (this took way longer than when I sent the original Xbox in way back when), so I'll be giving it some much needed love.  And with the World Cup winding down, I think I might pick up one of the soccer games for the 360.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 10:26:13 PM »

Nothing at all, which is a relief. Lately, I've been on a backlog gaming binge, and am now going through the Freespace saga, and Baldur's Gate saga. At the same time.

I think I'm set 'till August.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 11:01:08 PM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
i might (probably) get battle for middle earth - has anyone here played both this and kingdom under fire crusaders / heroes? one of my favorite things about that game was that you could customize armies - pick their armor, weapons, trinkets and such - and give leaders skills / other toys to boost the army as a whole

is there anything like that in bfme?  or is it all tech tree type stuff that you research and it applies to everyone? or can someone direct me to a pretty detailed rundown of the game?

If I recall, they're trying to make it quite similar to the PC version, meaning a standard RTS game, the main change will be the new interface they've been promoting that supposedly allows you to play these PC style rts games on consoles.

I think they can pull it off, but since you're looking for more of a KUF style game, it might not work.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 01:02:20 AM »

Heck, I'm finally getting into Oblivion now after owning it for a month (or two). So I'm covered between that and The Movies (and my console backlog) for the forseeable future. Unless someone wants to trade me Titan Quest (eyes Soulchilde). biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 02:13:26 AM »

My DS addictions now have me covered, with Football Manager filling in the gaps and the new OOTP2006 patch looming.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Yep definitely Battle for Middle Earth 2 (360) here as well.
Can anyone confirm if it has a skirmish mode like the PC version does? Dont have Live yet and dont want to open up a 60 dollar game and find out the only thing I can do with it is play the campaign..

gamespot says:

as well as a regular skirmish mode that lets you choose a faction and battle it out against the artificial intelligence on any map in the game.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 03:42:48 AM »

waiting for valkyrie profille: lenneth...

&, in the mean time, more monster hunter: freedom... & this:

confession: i've been an amiyumi fan since they were called just plain 'puffy' (&, having seen jessica's 'puff-puff' attack in dq8, i now know why they chose that name) - which they soon had to change since there was already a band here at the time named that. i've never seen the show, which's only helped make the game even more bizarre...

if you're talking guilty pleasures, you just can't beat pay...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: