http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 01:16:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you buying this week? (6/2)  (Read 3053 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 01:07:28 AM »

I guess I'm preordering Battlefield: Bad Company tomorrow because I have no willpower.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 01:29:51 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 02, 2008, 06:46:26 PM

Quote from: hepcat on June 02, 2008, 05:10:41 PM

If the Hulk game follows the paradigm set forth in the Ultimate Destruction version of the game from xbox days, I'll be on it in a new york minute.  However, i'm holding off until i see some reviews.  it's rare when a comic book based game gets it right. 

I wouldn't necessarily count on it; Hulk Ultimate Destruction was created by Radical Entertainment whereas the latest is a different dev team. I'm admittedly a bit biased about Radical since they're a local dev studio, but based on how other past Hulk games have panned out I wouldn't be holding my breath. Hope my skepticism turns out to be unfounded, cause I'd love to get in on some more busting action with the big green guy.

I know it's a different developer, but it looks exactly like a sequel to Ultimate Destruction.  The graphics (although obviously much better), the weaponization of the environment, the wide-open city, etc. all appear very similar to UD.  I don't know how it'll turn out, but it looks like it will be a very similar game.

Also, Chaos Wars is out this week for the PS2, although Gamestop is the only store selling it, and it looks like they might not even have enough copies to cover preorders.  As for XBLA, in addition to Roogoo, there's also the space shooter Aces of The Galaxy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 01:31:45 AM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 01:40:30 AM »

Just finished Bully this weekend (360).  Time to move on to Tomb Raider: Anniversary - the download dropped to 800pts per pair of episodes, which means one target card from last week for the game.  Done - and I can wait to pay for eps 3 and 4.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2008, 12:19:33 PM »

Disturbed DLC for Rock Band.

I also my rent Lego Indiana Jones for some co-op play with the wife.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »

I found out yesterday that the EB's in my area are offering Lego Indy for 3 game trade ins. I'll definitely be taking them up on the offer.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on June 04, 2008, 02:02:13 PM

I found out yesterday that the EB's in my area are offering Lego Indy for 3 game trade ins. I'll definitely be taking them up on the offer.

oooh, is this official? 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 06:21:06 PM »

Are there limitations on the games?  I've got a duffel bag full of Xbox games as well as a number of 360 games I no longer play.  But I've avoided trade-ins because it always feels like financial sodomy.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on June 04, 2008, 06:21:06 PM

Are there limitations on the games?  I've got a duffel bag full of Xbox games as well as a number of 360 games I no longer play.  But I've avoided trade-ins because it always feels like financial sodomy.

You're not getting anything for xbox games, or 360 sports games from prior years. There's generally an exclusion list.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 04, 2008, 06:39:41 PM

You're not getting anything for xbox games, or 360 sports games from prior years. There's generally an exclusion list.

I'm not sure why I hold onto games that I'm not playing anymore as they do me no good stored in a closet, but the idea of bending over for EB Games and getting pennies on the dollar for a shopping bag full of trade-ins seems too perverse to handle.  The $10 or less I'd save on Lego Indiana Jones would make me feel one step above offering BJ's for a dollar to save up for my next crack hit.  I'll usually just pay full-price at Best Buy in order to avoid feeling dirty at the end of the day.     

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 04, 2008, 06:03:51 PM

oooh, is this official? 

It's official at Canadian EB's, don't know about the US.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:14:56 PM by kronovan » Logged
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 04, 2008, 06:39:41 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on June 04, 2008, 06:21:06 PM

As I stated in my other reply, I live in Canada so I'm not sure if it's available in the US. The only limitation on the games is that they need to have a trade-in value of $8 or more. I buy quite a few games at US EB's when I'm on business and I think the policies are different between Canada and US stores. In Canada the trade in value is based upon the rarity of the title in the specific store and it's current demand, so the trade-in value can vary over the course of even 1 month. It's likely even some Xbox titles will trade for more than $8 here; I know I've beens surprised a number of times recently. The down side to all of this is that pre-owned games typically cost more here; in some cases -popular Nintendo titles- considerably more!
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on June 02, 2008, 09:56:54 PM

nada pinata.   Thought about getting GRID or Bourne, but I totally expect to be able to get them for $30 in 60 days.  I can wait. 

Ninja G 2 was barely tempting until I remembered I never got paste the fourth boss on the first one after 200 attempts.  Never looking at one of those titles again.

Have to say after playing the NG2 demo today I am definitely picking it up on the first sale I can find it on.  They have toned it down to my liking now.  Loved it.  First place I see it in the sub $50 range, I am all over it.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2008, 04:30:18 AM »

Ninja Gaiden 2...just got home with my copy earlier this evening icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: